PDA

View Full Version : horrible time...

em2trackstar
06-23-2009, 01:11 PM
low 16's ran at the track (speedworld) all night...need to shave more weight from the car.
thinking about cutting out the back speaker deck in the rear under the rear window....? any thoughts or ideas??? also currently getting wire tucked. pics to come.:upyours:

michalo187
06-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Instead of cutting it all up why dont you just gut it all and then actually mod your car if you want it to be fast, Unless your using it for racing only(running 16's I doubt) then cutting it all up seems kinda whack to me.

em2trackstar
06-23-2009, 05:30 PM
my car is completely gutted and i do plan to use it for racing only. im in the process of building the motor...just everytime i get money the wife takes it instead. i plannned the gt35r turbo build and got that all mapped out. i plan to kpro, stage 3 cam, piston, rods, shaving the crack, 6 puck clutch and 9lb flywheel. it all just takes money. i get what your sayin, trust me i do. but a dream can become reality, just gotta make it happen. nice car by the way.

24/7VTEC!!!!
06-23-2009, 05:32 PM
built motor>gutted

Jason.AZ1
06-23-2009, 05:46 PM
low 16's ran at the track (speedworld) all night...need to shave more weight from the car.
thinking about cutting out the back speaker deck in the rear under the rear window....? any thoughts or ideas??? also currently getting wire tucked. pics to come.:upyours:

What time did you run?
My first time ever racing at the track
I ran a 16.4 at speed world.
full tank of gas,full interior, my camera and a few other stuff in the trunk.
100% stock d17a2 01 ex.
I was planning to enter the show with sniperscout and honda-mike but last min i change my mind.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/jason_az1/IMG_2012.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/jason_az1/IMG_2013.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/jason_az1/me.jpg

I forgot what mods you have whats all done to your car?
I/H/E and No INT right?

You should have bought all my turbo parts for the em2 I sold that shit cheap ass fuck on 7thgen

michalo187
06-23-2009, 10:51 PM
it all just takes money..

I know for sure....I have a built single cam in my 2001 civic trust me I know how expensive it can be and thats with me doing everything myself. I am in the process of scooping up a good turbo kit right. I have pics in another thread if you wanna get some motivation.

standswitha40
06-24-2009, 10:02 AM

What kinda tires you runnin with?

Lilrob
06-24-2009, 11:01 AM
battery and fuse box tucked.

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww36/Lilrob_97/DSC_1595.jpg before

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww36/Lilrob_97/fuseboxandbatterytucked.jpg after

bryantiscool
06-24-2009, 11:32 AM
good shit.

Jason.AZ1
06-24-2009, 12:48 PM
battery and fuse box tucked.
after

Nice rob nice :thumbup:

Dead Bird
06-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Hey thats my car jason!

You broke that run. :(
I broke like 6 runs later. :(
Lucky you only snapped an axle instead of shattering your dif and blowing holes in your tranny case.

But that was my favorite run ever. Even though it was my slowest time of the night at 15.99, had the best reaction time EVAR. .001
Best time of the night for my stock LS with no bolts ons at all was 15.42. Full interior, massive camber and all season tires(neither so great for traction). But i was running open header if it matters

But wtf is shaving the crack?
Keep us updated!

jakellama123
06-24-2009, 02:40 PM

if you take out alot of weight try to take most out of the rear end of the car that way more weight is in the front to keep you from losing traction
and hide money from the wifey for your build :)

Jason.AZ1
06-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Hey thats my car jason!

You broke that run. :(
I broke like 6 runs later. :(
Lucky you only snapped an axle instead of shattering your dif and blowing holes in your tranny case.

But that was my favorite run ever. Even though it was my slowest time of the night at 15.99, had the best reaction time EVAR. .001
Best time of the night for my stock LS with no bolts ons at all was 15.42. Full interior, massive camber and all season tires(neither so great for traction). But i was running open header if it matters

But wtf is shaving the crack?
Keep us updated!

lol Yeah I remember I pulled around to stop racing since I made like 7 passes befor you got there then you saw me and said race so I got back in line and we did our burnouts and boom my axle broke lol and arron push me off track lol

My time I ran was
100% stock d17a2 5 speed
195/50/15 tires
My best time was 16.4 and my best reaction .265
This was my first time Ever racing at the track...
full tank of gas,full interior, my camera and a few other stuff in the trunk

PhoenixB16
06-25-2009, 09:44 AM
You guys need to worrk about your 60ft time,not the reaction time.........

GOTTRQ?
06-25-2009, 10:27 AM
^^Yup. Reaction time has NOTHING to do with the time you run. It's simply a messure of how long it took your lazy ass to launch after the lights go down. 60' times will better your ET though.

em2trackstar
06-25-2009, 10:44 AM
true the build is expensive...my tires were 215/45/r17 on 17'' tenzo rs5 (rims are heavy as fuck) my mods are as followed I/H/E 11 lb flywheel and stage 2 clutch. not very many mods. definetely need to work on 60' time and my time jason was a 16.2 at 87 mph. reaction time of .410. also my first time ever at this track.

also trying to hide money from the wife is like making it out alive from a snake pit...not gonna happen. lol

and to rob, thanks for the great tuck...i finally got the lil fucking battery to fit just right in the dash. fucking em2's needing 440 cca damn it lol

Dead Bird
06-25-2009, 11:25 PM
You guys need to worrk about your 60ft time,not the reaction time.........

^^Yup. Reaction time has NOTHING to do with the time you run. It's simply a messure of how long it took your lazy ass to launch after the lights go down. 60' times will better your ET though.

Not when you're going there soley for seat time with a stock car. 2.2 isn't bad at all which was my average. At least not bad at all for, and let me repeat, ALL Season tires. Not sports tires, not DR"s, not slicks. All season, 80,000 mile tires. And a good amount of camber. Of my whole 185mm wide tire only about 3/4 of it made contact with the ground...

RT was what i was practicing. My Best ever like i said was .001 and my average for the night was .03-.05.
I beat a mustang GT down the track because my .042 RT beat his .6

Please take note that i wasn't saying 60ft times arent important, just that they weren't what i was there to make better

Jason.AZ1
06-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Not when you're going there soley for seat time with a stock car. 2.2 isn't bad at all which was my average. At least not bad at all for, and let me repeat, ALL Season tires. Not sports tires, not DR"s, not slicks. All season, 80,000 mile tires. And a good amount of camber. Of my whole 185mm wide tire only about 3/4 of it made contact with the ground...

RT was what i was practicing. My Best ever like i said was .001 and my average for the night was .03-.05.
I beat a mustang GT down the track because my .042 RT beat his .6

Please take note that i wasn't saying 60ft times arent important, just that they weren't what i was there to make better

lol I was just racing for fun and was my first time lol
i dont care what i ran i had fun

Dead Bird
06-26-2009, 10:33 AM
lloyd is here.
Get it shawty.

Jason.AZ1
06-26-2009, 10:34 AM
lloyd is here.
Get it shawty.

is it? I thought it was pnut?

Dead Bird
06-26-2009, 10:38 AM
I dunno lloyd's myspace says purple heart, so i assumed it was him.

Jason let's go to the track tonight!

Jason.AZ1
06-26-2009, 10:39 AM
I dunno lloyd's myspace says purple heart, so i assumed it was him.

Jason let's go to the track tonight!

text me

Dead Bird
06-26-2009, 10:45 AM
phone is broked.
so is its owner

Jason.AZ1
06-26-2009, 11:03 AM
phone is broked.
so is its owner

well pm lol

Dead Bird
06-26-2009, 01:09 PM
pm me your number and i'll pull a aaron jones and text you from aim

LS-S DA9
07-07-2009, 01:26 PM
pm me your number and i'll pull a aaron jones and text you from aim

:thumbsup:

that was a fun night at the track to bad both you guys broke.

BlownspeakerBoX
07-07-2009, 02:08 PM

the rear deck would only shave a few pounds youd remove more weight by taking the spare tire out or going on a diet...every 100pound you lose your 1/4 time will drop .10

ac system. 50+ lbs
ps system 20+ lbs
Spare Tire- 20 lbs
Jack- 5 lbs
Floor Mats - 10 lbs
Passenger Seat - 25 lbs
Rear Seats - 10 lbs
Cruise Control -8lbs

KseriesEK
07-07-2009, 03:12 PM
put a bottle in ur car, should be fast enough! aha =]

em2trackstar
07-07-2009, 03:51 PM
i got all that other stuff out too. that whole list you mentioned. im working on a idea with a 3 puck clutch and 9lbs flywheel just to see what it will do.

bottle would be nice to but not with stock internals, plus im building for boost not bottle feed.

rudsone
07-07-2009, 03:58 PM
am i the only one that thinks low 16's are about right for what you have?

Dead Bird
07-07-2009, 04:30 PM
am i the only one that thinks low 16's are about right for what you have?

I do too. I think low 16's is GOOD for your setup. Up the power! Fuck the diet pills and exercise for now.

Rufus
07-07-2009, 04:46 PM

Dude, that's got to be a functioning support for the car as well as a brace for your rear window you crazy guy

em2trackstar
07-08-2009, 09:03 AM
i guess...i just wanted some good feedback from people and all i get is bad mouthing. so what if i dont have a k swap
or boost yet. or if my car ran the same time jasons did fully stock. if you really want to bad mouth me about my car. say it directly to me.this internet shit aint nothing. i race for fun. i dont want to be the fastest cuz i know some of you on here got your cars and the money for your parts from your rich daddy's. work for what you got!!!

em2trackstar
07-08-2009, 09:08 AM
you are correct rufus, but all my other support braces are taken out anyways...why not give it a try? also took out the wiper motor setup. dont drive the car too much and even tho its monsun season out here i wont be needing them. also once again thanks to rob for the good battery and fuse tuck. i cleaned it up a lil more than what you had it but still thanks

BlownspeakerBoX
07-08-2009, 12:54 PM
i guess...i just wanted some good feedback from people and all i get is bad mouthing. so what if i dont have a k swap
or boost yet. or if my car ran the same time jasons did fully stock. if you really want to bad mouth me about my car. say it directly to me.this internet shit aint nothing. i race for fun. i dont want to be the fastest cuz i know some of you on here got your cars and the money for your parts from your rich daddy's. work for what you got!!!

you want feedback but you dont want people to be honest?? the back support you want to cut out weighs as much as a big-mac, forget about it

Dead Bird
07-08-2009, 01:17 PM
I re-read the whole thead and nobody reallly was clowning you homie. Just trying to help you out. There's only so much you can do reducing weight. Get a cam! Easy power, easy install!

em2trackstar
07-08-2009, 01:42 PM
sorry everyone....i took things the wrong way. must be the ptsd acting up on me. im sorry. good to be honest. thanks for the tips.

ashtonsturboser
07-09-2009, 07:30 AM
true the build is expensive...my tires were 215/45/r17 on 17'' tenzo rs5 (rims are heavy as fuck) my mods are as followed I/H/E 11 lb flywheel and stage 2 clutch. not very many mods. definetely need to work on 60' time and my time jason was a 16.2 at 87 mph. reaction time of .410. also my first time ever at this track.

also trying to hide money from the wife is like making it out alive from a snake pit...not gonna happen. lol

and to rob, thanks for the great tuck...i finally got the lil fucking battery to fit just right in the dash. fucking em2's needing 440 cca damn it lol

my question is why on earth would you drag race on 17" rims, that is asking for wheel hop and shattering diffs, and breaking axles. lol. You would be much better off on 14" rims with a 185 tire on them than those huge 17" rims.

Hell i was pulling 2.18 60fts on 185/65/r14 tires, although se-r's come with lsd so that helps and yeah no wheel hop at all.

Neways good luck next time out.

LiLinsane
07-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Hey EM2, your doing great with what you have, unfortunatly only YOU will be able to notice those very subtle diffrences.
I say gut the entire car all the way down. sell everything off, and finish your engine.

otherwise I would get another body thats already gutted. I already gutted my car, tried pulling exhaust off. (that damn thing weighs quite a bit) interier, seats, spare tire. its really a huge waste of time, not saying that in a negitive way, just stating from my experience.

after spending all my money and time doing all those small things, and then swapping my engine. I realize I should have spent my time looking for side jobs, or doing odds and ends to get to my goal faster.

Its all about making your car a "real" priority - and sacrificing other things in your life to make this car completion a reality.
(dont eat out, drive nicer so you dont burn as much gas, cut out soda/juices etc - only drink water)

after spending all the money and time doing all those small things, and then swapping my engine. I realize I should have spent my time looking for side jobs, or doing odds and ends to get to my goal faster.

Good luck with your build.

4dr_ed3
07-10-2009, 04:29 PM
^^^ nice input ima take that into consideration with my build to lol

em2trackstar
07-12-2009, 11:05 AM
okay the 17" rims are the only rims i have at this moment. im hoping to get the motegi tracklite 16" here soon.
that will help alot.

and as far as what your saying lilinsane. my car is fully gutted, im not swapping motors, and i take my build very serious. its more than a hobbie, its a obsession. this car serves more than one purpose.
1 its a daily driver
2 its to show what i can do
3 it will be a shop car as soon as the economy comes back up and i can open
4 its to learn more
and 5 its alot of fun

i love my car and love working on it. new ideas to come

EFin4Dr
09-28-2009, 04:31 PM
dude, if you take that rear deck out and hit a corner to hard i would say goodbye to your rear window. dailying your car and you meantioned that you took out all the bracings is a terrible idea. you just made you 4star crash rating car a fucking 0. have fun but dont be retarded.

HONDABOI0392
10-23-2009, 08:12 AM
hey em2trackstar you have an 01?? if so does that have the same hp as the 03?? that is what i have. also are you rebuilding that 1.7?? were are you getting your parts from cuz im new to az and iv talked to some ppl and they say its pointless to fuck with them to hard to find parts or your paying out the ass to get it... how often you guys got to the track?? have not gone yet but plan to and i know how you feel about the money shit man im doing a kswap and im one of the ppl you talked about who has to work for there shit and now days its hard as fuck this kswap is a fucker...

MrRline2010
10-23-2009, 02:11 PM
hey em2trackstar you have an 01?? if so does that have the same hp as the 03?? that is what i have. also are you rebuilding that 1.7?? were are you getting your parts from cuz im new to az and iv talked to some ppl and they say its pointless to fuck with them to hard to find parts or your paying out the ass to get it... how often you guys got to the track?? have not gone yet but plan to and i know how you feel about the money shit man im doing a kswap and im one of the ppl you talked about who has to work for there shit and now days its hard as fuck this kswap is a fucker...

every year had the same horse power and torque ratings for each model. same motor same everything.

em2trackstar
10-23-2009, 03:53 PM
i agree with cronic 01 to 03 same shit same body style. 04-05 better looks but still same shit. if you want i might be able to help you honda with some good ideas and places to find the parts. all internet of course and ill let you look at my car to give you a lil idea to see what lil mods you can do. pm and we'll meet up.