PDA

View Full Version : NASA Arizona: Autocross on FIR East!

Tage
06-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Be one of the first people to ever AUTOCROSS on FIR East!

NOTE: I am requiring that you have attended at least ONE autocross or HPDE type event prior to this one to be eligible for this event.

Details here --> http://www.azsolo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8688

Agent Smith
06-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Hmm... Hope to be there.

ILIKETODRIVE
06-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Crap. ASR is the following weekend...which means I work on the 11th. :ballin:

Agent Smith
06-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Classing my car is taking forever! :( Anyone want to help? lol.
& I found out I'm stuck working that Saturday, going to try & get the morning off at least :grin:

BlueTeg
06-28-2009, 03:26 PM
I have alwasy used this one: http://www.azsolo.com/classes/car_class_worksheet_2009.pdf

Super easy to just go down the line and see what mods put you where.

Agent Smith
06-28-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm in SM for SCCA, I'm just trying to figure out which nasa class & haven't devoted enough time to it yet... turbo integra ls, swapped trans/clutch/flywheel/usual turbo stuff/suspension coilovers sway bars strut bars tie bars, bolt in autopower cage-5 pt harnesses-seats/6.5" wheels w/ azenis/legend brakes etc...

ILIKETODRIVE
06-29-2009, 08:13 AM
I'm in SM for SCCA, I'm just trying to figure out which nasa class & haven't devoted enough time to it yet... turbo integra ls, swapped trans/clutch/flywheel/usual turbo stuff/suspension coilovers sway bars strut bars tie bars, bolt in autopower cage-5 pt harnesses-seats/6.5" wheels w/ azenis/legend brakes etc...

For TT:

Base for 94-01 Integra LS/RS is TTF*. However, you need to dyno the car (AZDynoChip or Xtreme) and weigh it, then submit for a reclass. Tell him your vehicle, your declared weight, that the car is boosted, your power output on an approved dyno. Then, when it is reclassed by National director Greg Greenbaum, you +5 to that for being boosted.

For your other mods:

gear swapping is +3
LSD is +3
clutch/flywheel are zero point mods
coilovers are +5
sway bars are +2
strut bars and tie bars (that only attach 2 chassis points together) are zero point mods
your Autopower cage is a zero point mod
harness/seat are zero point mods
wheel sizes do not matter
205 Azenis (assuming you were TTF) is actually -1 point (base size for TTF is 215)
you'll probably base in TTD so your 205 Azenis would be -10 points (base size for TTD is 245)
Legend brakes are probably a zero point mod (still OEM caliper; aftermarket calipers are +2)

:wave:

BlueTeg
06-29-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm in SM for SCCA, I'm just trying to figure out which nasa class

For what? NASA-X? NASA TT? NASA Race Group?

BlueTeg
06-29-2009, 10:33 AM
For TT:
Legend brakes are probably a zero point mod (still OEM caliper; aftermarket calipers are +2)

When the rules say OEM, it is in reference to the equipment that originally came on the car, not the manufacturer of the part.

He would have to take +2 for the calipers since they are not original equipment on an Integra.

From the TT rules...
6.5 OEM Definition, Updating and Backdating Rules
For the purposes of NASA TT points assessments, the term OEM will be defined as follows:
Any part that is identical in size, shape, and functional characteristics compared to the part that
originally came on the vehicle, from the manufacturer, as a standard feature of the base model as it is listed in section 6.3.2 Base Classifications (factory options and specialty model parts are
considered non-OEM) or is listed as a standard replacement part by the OEM manufacturer.
Some parts that are produced by aftermarket manufacturers as generic replacement parts may not require a points assessment provided that: they are the same size and shape, and have the same functional characteristics as the OEM part, and that they provide no significant improvement in
performance, longevity, or reliability.

ILIKETODRIVE
06-29-2009, 10:59 AM
When the rules say OEM, it is in reference to the equipment that originally came on the car, not the manufacturer of the part.

He would have to take +2 for the calipers since they are not original equipment on an Integra.

From the TT rules...
6.5 OEM Definition, Updating and Backdating Rules
For the purposes of NASA TT points assessments, the term OEM will be defined as follows:
Any part that is identical in size, shape, and functional characteristics compared to the part that
originally came on the vehicle, from the manufacturer, as a standard feature of the base model as it is listed in section 6.3.2 Base Classifications (factory options and specialty model parts are
considered non-OEM) or is listed as a standard replacement part by the OEM manufacturer.
Some parts that are produced by aftermarket manufacturers as generic replacement parts may not require a points assessment provided that: they are the same size and shape, and have the same functional characteristics as the OEM part, and that they provide no significant improvement in
performance, longevity, or reliability.

Gotcha. :thumbup:

Agent Smith
06-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Doh, actually was looking for just NASA-X classing for now :P

I know for TT I have to go get dyno'd/weigh in etc, that will be a while if it ever happens.

josh
06-29-2009, 12:18 PM
damn this sounds fun

topramn
07-01-2009, 06:58 AM
Remember childrens, this is NASA-X. Not TT or Race group. Classing info can be found here! http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/nasa-x/NASA-X_Classes.pdf

topramn
07-01-2009, 07:02 AM
cancelled

civil
07-03-2009, 01:55 AM
Gonna be a good event :grin: :thumbup:

Ludehrt
07-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Have not posted on AZHT for while. Hopefully enough people will sign up to make this event happen. If it does, Ill be in a 91 red/white HF hatchback.

Tage
07-03-2009, 08:40 PM
FYI - NASA-X, Time Trial and Race Group PT classing are all identical.

However, I'm not expecting anyone to go dyno and weigh their car for this event.

Justin, I think it would be a lot easier to just do this --> "LS turbo with swapped trans" = Base class an Integra LS and then take the points for the turbo and take the points for "altered gearing". It will be legit enough. If you do ever get the car dyno'd on a dynojet (AZ Dynochip or Xtreme are specifically NASA approved) and weighed you'll probably end up better vs taking the points IMO.

Tage
07-03-2009, 08:41 PM
BTW, I need 50 registrations by this Sunday evening or I am canceling the event. So far I have 27 registrations. Not looking good unless the word spreads like wild fire AND slackers actually sign up!

topramn
07-04-2009, 01:30 PM
BTW, I need 50 registrations by this Sunday evening or I am canceling the event. So far I have 27 registrations. Not looking good unless the word spreads like wild fire AND slackers actually sign up!

Damn that! I got this posted everywhere.

i_timmers
07-04-2009, 11:35 PM
This would be a great addition to any autocross lover! I just ran across this ad and thought I would share it. Sweet project to finish right if you have the cash, eh?

NO, It's not my car... Just thought this would be cool! Never seen anything quite like it for sale.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/1252135203.html

WAY COOL!!!

Agent Smith
07-05-2009, 06:35 PM
registered, trying to get others, but not looking good so far :(

I'm taking the daily civic, don't want to smoke screen anyone with the teg :(

SlowCivicHmm
07-06-2009, 01:14 AM
^^ still smoking?? wtf....

Agent Smith
07-06-2009, 08:41 AM
^^ still smoking?? wtf....

oil rings are crap, 100% sure, but perfect compression & power output is fine just way smokey.
Instead of the 4 door getting done quickly, building a bottom end for whitey, throwing forged pistons in it, gm 3 bar, & maxing out the turbo's efficiency; it'll be even more of a tire killer :grin: On a positive note, finished/installed the 3" downpipe, the new 3.5"thick core intercooler, oil cooler, turbo return line is all stainless with a/n fittings, added an additional 2 cooling fans, & removed the entire engine bay a/c set up.

Agent Smith
07-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Just got tage's email :(
Well guys/gals, unfortunately I am currently at 35 registered and only 11 checks in hand. If I had 30+ checks in hand I might be willing to move forward but at this point it's just too big of a financial risk for me to take on. I have canceled the contract with FIR.

BUT... I have asked FIR for some additional dates later this year. I think the course will be one of the best Arizona has ever seen and I still want to do the event at some point. I think cooler weather and more advance notice will make this a successul event.

BlueTeg
07-06-2009, 10:20 AM
This would be a great addition to any autocross lover! I just ran across this ad and thought I would share it. Sweet project to finish right if you have the cash, eh?

NO, It's not my car... Just thought this would be cool! Never seen anything quite like it for sale.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/1252135203.html

WAY COOL!!!

Good luck getting that thing classed with SCCA or NASA PT/TT.
Nice car though, I've seen it in person at the owner's shop and it would be a fun time attack car.

Tage
07-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah the event is unfortunately cancelled.

Agent Smith
07-06-2009, 12:16 PM
More notice on all forums & we can definitely make this event happen in the fall/winter/spring when it's cooler.

topramn
07-06-2009, 10:45 PM
More notice on all forums & we can definitely make this event happen in the fall/winter/spring when it's cooler.

i had this posted on several local forums. just was so short of a notice. next time though guys. next time.

Agent Smith
07-29-2009, 10:26 AM
any progress / plan to bring this back in the fall?

Tage
07-30-2009, 09:02 AM
I'll follow up with FIR next weekend. They're typically really slow with confirming dates. I can't commit to anything until I get confirmation from FIR that it's available for rent first. Stay tuned...

Tage
08-23-2009, 03:50 PM
I have a date on Sunday Oct 25th. Trying to secure autox timing equipment next... Once I have that I'll post up registration details.

ILIKETODRIVE
08-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Sounds good to me! Sunday = no work = I'm in!

Agent Smith
08-24-2009, 10:00 AM
uh oh, that's the azht sedona run day, arrrrggg. going to be a tough choice between sedona run & jerome or auto-x on east...

INTEGRA DC2
08-24-2009, 11:05 AM
No!!!!!! Sedona or fir east!!! I love east!!

Agent Smith
08-24-2009, 11:31 AM
not just east, auto-x on east :grin:

Tage
08-24-2009, 12:15 PM
You can drive to Sedona (and get a speeding ticket) anytime you want. An autox on FIR East doesn't happen very often. In fact this would be the first time it has EVER happened.

Just some food for thought...

ILIKETODRIVE
08-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Sedona Run is boring. I've gone 3 years straight. It's not worth it anymore.

NASA > AZHT

Importfan2
08-24-2009, 03:43 PM
forgot simon since ur a real race car driver those lil meets dont mean shit to u anymore.. lol.. maybe one day i will grow to ur class..

ILIKETODRIVE
08-24-2009, 07:09 PM
LOL Ahmed...

It's not that I'm above meets like the Sedona Run, it's that I'm over them.

Agent Smith
09-01-2009, 08:57 AM
any updates on this Tage? I didn't see anything on the nasaaz registration page...

Tage
09-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Nope. FIR is slow to get a contract in my hand and the Solo people are slow to get back to me about renting their equipment.

Agent Smith
09-01-2009, 11:57 AM
People involved in racing, being slow, awesome. :crazy:

Let me know updates when you get them.