PDA

View Full Version : P0135 code after new 02 sensor intalled

4dr_ed3
07-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Hello to all. i have a bit of a dilema. my car is a 2001 civicv lx that was auto and i converted to 5pd some time ago. just recently i was able to get anothe ecu for my car that was a 5spd ecu so i could remove all sorts of codes that i had. Got the ecu reflashed and it was only throwing one code which was the knock sensor so i checked that and it wasnt plugged in. then a new code popped up. it was p0141 which was low voltage in the 02 sensor and some other code. so i rewired t2 main wires straight from the ecu to thew 02 sensor and was able to get a voltage reading to the 02 sensor and it removed all the codes and now is only giving me a p0135 code even though i bought 3 new ones just to make sure it was not the sensor so now im stuck and cant get this code to go away. im getting a voltage reading for it so why is it faulty now???im frustrated because im trying to get my car to pass emissions and this thing is keeping me back

HONDABOI0392
09-12-2009, 03:30 AM
on monday ill find out for you!!! or will see if i can find out i know a guy who should have an answer for you.

tokico
09-13-2009, 08:08 AM
your car is running lean when the voltage is low, check out this site maybe it can help you.
http://www.kemparts.com/TechTalk/tt07.asp

tokico
09-13-2009, 08:09 AM
"In order to read the O2 sensor, most computers send out a certain voltage to the output terminal of the sensor. This is typically around 450 millivolts. Since we know that the sensor sends low voltage (under 300mv) when a lean condition is present and a high voltage (over 600mv) when a rich condition is present, the computer can count the number of times the sensor crosses the 450mv mark. Cross-counts are the number of times an O2 sensor crosses 450mv. A scanner can "look" at this for you."

tokico
09-13-2009, 08:09 AM
For continuously lean O2 sensor readings:
1. Check sensor output wire for possible grounding. A ground will cause a false lean signal.
2. Check the MAP sensor for proper vacuum to voltage output. A high vacuum signal will cause a lean ecu reaction. (Don't forget to check manifold vacuum first!)
3. Clogged injectors can cause a false lean condition. A cleaning may solve the problem.
4. Water contamination will cause a lean condition.
5. Low fuel pressure will cause lean conditions at any rpm or load range. Be sure to check pressure at all driving modes.
6. Exhaust leaks, especially near the sensor can pull in air and cause a false lean reading.
7. Check for proper air injection system operation. The air pump should not direct air to the exhaust ports during closed loop operation.