PDA

View Full Version : Simple Detailing Checklist

Nedaaaah
07-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Got this checklist from NWP, its pretty much easily available products from vato-zone or walmart...eitherway its still wayyy better than using dish soap or drive thru car washes.

Hand Detailing Product Checklist:
Meguiar's Products
[_] Meguiars Detailer Shampoo Plus D11101 - 1 gal - $17
Very gentle, thick medium-suds,general purpose wash.
[_] Meguiars Body Shop Hand Polish M8132 - 32 oz - $17
Very fine cut, combines best qualities of hand glaze and polish.
[_] Meguiars Hi-Tech Yellow Wax M2616 - 16 oz - $13 (summer)
A thick, full carnanuba wax. High shine, easy on, medium off.
[_] Meguiars NXT Tech Wax G12718 - 18 oz - $18 (winter)
A medium-thick, synthetic wax. Easy on/off in cold + high humidity.
[_] Meguiars NXT Tech Protect G12924 - 24 oz - $8
Exterior/Interior dash/trim dressing + wax removal.
[_] Meguiars Gold Class Endurance Tire Dressing G7416 - 16 oz - $8
Thick, high gloss tire dressing. Gel form.

MOTHERS Products
[_] MOTHERS Mag & Aluminum Polish MO-05100 - 5oz - $6
Fine cut metal paste/cream polish.
[_] MOTHERS Billet Polish MO-05106 - 4oz - $15
Super-Fine cut mirror-surface/billet paste/cream polish.
[_] MOTHERS PowerBall MO-5140 - $30
Excellent metal polishing tool. Requires drill.

3M Products
[_] 3M Perfect-It II Rubbing Compound 39002 - 16oz - $12
Removes medium oxidation, medium swirls, water marks.

Other Products
[_] Clay Magic Perfect Finish Kit 88256 - 100g - $12
Stiff, sticky fine grade clay. Removes contaminants and overspray.
[_] Sprayway Glass Cleaner SW-050 - 19oz - $4
Non-Amoniated glass cleaner, high foam.
[_] Simple Green Concentrate - 1 gal - $10
All-purpose stain remover and degreaser.
[_] Rain-X Bug & Tar Pre-Wash Gel 5067042 - 23oz - $7
Gel-spray adhesive remover. Works on bugs, tar, glue, stickers.
[_] Urethane Supply Wax Blaster 3401 - 8oz - $6
Removes wax build-up from urethane trim.
[_] The Absorber B0000AY3X8 - $11
Synthetic chamios drying cloth. Reusable.

Application/Removal
[_] Open-Cell Foam Applicator Pads (6) - $15-20
[_] Microfiber Cloth (10) - $20-25
[_] Glass Cloth (3) - $10-15
[_] Tire dressing sponge (2) - $6
[_] Upholstry Brush - $5
[_] Blue Shop Towels - 1 roll - $2

Tools
[_] 50ft Kink-Free Hose
[_] Multi-Setting Hose Nozle
[_] 5-Gallon Bucket
[_] Shop Vacuum With Hose Attachments
[_] Old Toothbrushs
[_] Q-Tips

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9023/detailcheckfc7.gif

The original thread can be viewed at http://nwp4life.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=22328

Also here are some links I think are helpful: Detailing Handbook for the s2000, tips that can be used on all hondas http://thedetailinghandbook.com/default.aspx
Autogeek.net Detailing University, great tips and how to's http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html
Detailers Doman How to's, very good walk through's for complete details http://www.detailersdomain.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=69

Feel free to add other links or how to's....Enjoy

gsr1379
07-28-2009, 12:42 AM
meguires is ok stuff but when i had paint to care about i used Zaino

Nedaaaah
07-28-2009, 11:27 AM
meguires is ok stuff but when i had paint to care about i used Zaino

agreed but IF you read the first sentence of my post itll explain why i c/p this over...

NOSTRA_FAMILIA_B-SERIES
07-28-2009, 11:30 AM
lol never heard of the VATO-ZONE......

AZGTO
07-28-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm not understanding why you say to wash it again after waxing it...makes no sense...Anyways I wouldn't use any of that stuff on my car...
I use Adams Polishes products...Not any of that store crap...

VtecCr-x
07-28-2009, 11:46 AM
^^Wow cause your so baller..lol

2000_Silver_EX
07-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Adams is good stuff no doubt. Agreed about the detailing it, and then washing it?

AZGTO
07-28-2009, 12:33 PM
^^Wow cause your so baller..lol

Yeah..because I have more than a 2k car...

Thanks!

2000_Silver_EX
07-28-2009, 01:15 PM
lmao. Man, they let anyone in here these days. This is a HONDA forum, not a forum for a Cav with a V8 in it!

Nedaaaah
07-29-2009, 01:03 AM
I'm not understanding why you say to wash it again after waxing it...makes no sense...Anyways I wouldn't use any of that stuff on my car...
I use Adams Polishes products...Not any of that store crap...

Not everything at the store is crap homeboy. Again, I copied this thread over from nwp because ive heard/seen people wash their cars with a bucket and dawn. I think it would be beneficial to everyone if they went and bought some actual car wash soap and once in a while used some sort of compount/polsih/wax instead of leaving their paint venerable.

I too use some Adams stuff but mainly stick to Menzerna and victoria wax, not to mention i still use a lot of meguiars and some mothers stuff. just because its from autozone or walmart doesn't mean it doesnt work, it just means you have to work smarter and harder to achieve good results.

/semi-rant

AZGTO
07-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Not everything at the store is crap homeboy. Again, I copied this thread over from nwp because ive heard/seen people wash their cars with a bucket and dawn. I think it would be beneficial to everyone if they went and bought some actual car wash soap and once in a while used some sort of compount/polsih/wax instead of leaving their paint venerable.

I too use some Adams stuff but mainly stick to Menzerna and victoria wax, not to mention i still use a lot of meguiars and some mothers stuff. just because its from autozone or walmart doesn't mean it doesnt work, it just means you have to work smarter and harder to achieve good results.

/semi-rant

Thanks Home-Boy!

gsr1379
07-29-2009, 04:38 PM
when i was doing clear bra in San diego I had one of my suppliers give me a sample back of adams. He wanted me to become and distributer for him. I was not very impressed with it.

Nedaaaah
07-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks Home-Boy!
no problem.
when i was doing clear bra in San diego I had one of my suppliers give me a sample back of adams. He wanted me to become and distributer for him. I was not very impressed with it.

i think adams is hit and miss really. some of their stuff is great but not all of it. for example, their window cleaning solution sucks ass for its price but their buttery wax has given me great results. i just stick to menzerna just because ive always gotten good results no matter the product.

AZGTO
07-31-2009, 07:16 PM
no problem.

i think adams is hit and miss really. some of their stuff is great but not all of it. for example, their window cleaning solution sucks ass for its price but their buttery wax has given me great results. i just stick to menzerna just because ive always gotten good results no matter the product.

They just came out with a new Glass Cleaner...Works much better..

reefslolotilm
12-12-2009, 04:08 PM
This is my first vehicle with a leather interior. Is it ok to do general dusting/cleaning with diluted Simple Green? Or do I have to always use a leather cleaner/conditioner? I usually give the interior pieces a wipe down everytime I vacuum to keep everything clean.

Nedaaaah
12-13-2009, 03:25 PM
This is my first vehicle with a leather interior. Is it ok to do general dusting/cleaning with diluted Simple Green? Or do I have to always use a leather cleaner/conditioner? I usually give the interior pieces a wipe down everytime I vacuum to keep everything clean.

i would NOT use simple green on leather. over time the cleaning/degreaser in simple green will break down the leather and make it crack.