PDA

View Full Version : Whos getting the Password JDM Powerchamber intake?

JDMB16
08-07-2009, 08:53 AM
So I got a newsletter from Password a week ago and saw the Powerchamber is finally here. Its sick and I want to get it, But is it really worth having to buy the battery relocator kit and having to relocate your battery?

Heres the link in case you havnt seen it.

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Dry-Carbon-Fiber-PowerChamber-Intake-FAFG-06-Honda-Civic-Si-P3082C379.aspx

bb4arson
08-07-2009, 09:29 AM
i would get it ..looks kinda like crap but looks like it would perform:clapper:

fmx_dbc
08-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Damn that thing looks crazy. If it really does improve power substantially than I guess it would be worth it to relocate the battery. Only issue with relocating the battery is unless you do remote battery terminal posts it's often difficult to access the battery if you ever have car trouble.

ReyEG2
08-07-2009, 09:37 AM
i say do it! but dont do it if u still have warranty for the car.

JDMB16
08-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Damn that thing looks crazy. If it really does improve power substantially than I guess it would be worth it to relocate the battery. Only issue with relocating the battery is unless you do remote battery terminal posts it's often difficult to access the battery if you ever have car trouble.
Right if you even needed acess it would make it more difficult. I think im gonna wait until someone buys it and installs it before I make up my mind.
i say do it! but dont do it if u still have warranty for the car.

I only have 2k miles left before my 60k powertrain warrenty is up, so it doesnt really matter at this point.

blackouthx
08-07-2009, 10:16 AM
not worth it just for the bling factor, and im not wanting to relocate the battery. It does look badass though

JDMB16
08-07-2009, 10:21 AM
not worth it just for the bling factor, and im not wanting to relocate the battery. It does look badass though

Ya true if the battery didnt have to be relocated I would buy it already. Cause you know that shit is gonna be so fucking deep. I had the whale penis on my ej8 and I loved it.

LatinEM1
08-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Im going to have one for sale, new for 415.

NOSTRA_FAMILIA_B-SERIES
08-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Whale Penis ?!?! WTF LOL

JDMB16
08-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Im going to have one for sale, new for 415.
But its only 300 new....So why so much?
Whale Penis ?!?! WTF LOL

Ya whale penis is what everyone calls the PWJDM CF intake for the ek.

LatinEM1
08-23-2009, 12:36 AM
But its only 300 new....So why so much?

Ya whale penis is what everyone calls the PWJDM CF intake for the ek.

Yeah just the intake alone costs 300 but u also have to get the oddyssey battery and the bat relocation kit, which mine will include

JDMB16
08-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Yeah just the intake alone costs 300 but u also have to get the oddyssey battery and the bat relocation kit, which mine will include

I see you bought the package deal, So do you have a vid of what it sounds like on your car?

LatinEM1
08-23-2009, 10:03 AM
I see you bought the package deal, So do you have a vid of what it sounds like on your car?

i don't have it yet, i have it from a groupbuy on 8thcivic but it hasen't shipped yet.

berny2435
08-23-2009, 05:24 PM
i don't have it yet, i have it from a groupbuy on 8thcivic but it hasen't shipped yet.

Why are you not going to use it?

Used in conjuction with a radiant heat deflector on the back side and header wrap, that intake shows great promise. Just like everything under the hood, the intake is going to heat up and the huge total area of outside skin is going to allow a lot of air to be heated up. A tube from the front air damn should be easily routed to that intake filter. I'm surprised they used such a big filter opening. They must have calculated some serious amounts of air being ingested by the motor.

Instead of whale penis, it looks more like a huge massive carbon fiber turd rolled up at the bottom of composite manufacturers toilet. Pretty cool though.

JDM Jon
08-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Looks like a chode, but a carbon fiber chode is cool!

LatinEM1
08-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Why are you not going to use it?

Used in conjuction with a radiant heat deflector on the back side and header wrap, that intake shows great promise. Just like everything under the hood, the intake is going to heat up and the huge total area of outside skin is going to allow a lot of air to be heated up. A tube from the front air damn should be easily routed to that intake filter. I'm surprised they used such a big filter opening. They must have calculated some serious amounts of air being ingested by the motor.

Instead of whale penis, it looks more like a huge massive carbon fiber turd rolled up at the bottom of composite manufacturers toilet. Pretty cool though.

Eh, just decide to get a ps3 instead..and just keep the car stock :crazy:

Here's a vid of the sound of the intake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ4M8boX41Y

chinabean
08-23-2009, 09:34 PM
they make it look so difficult

JDMB16
08-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Eh, just decide to get a ps3 instead..and just keep the car stock :crazy:

Here's a vid of the sound of the intake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ4M8boX41Y

That sounds fucking dope, I think I might want to buy it off you. When will you be getting it?

crxhfb16
08-24-2009, 08:07 AM
I wounder if any RnD goes into making these products so they actually function well or if they just make them look crazy and people assume they work.

LatinEM1
08-24-2009, 08:37 AM
I wounder if any RnD goes into making these products so they actually function well or if they just make them look crazy and people assume they work.

Password has been developing the intake since the 8th came out, the intake has the MAF vanes like the AEM CAI does, unlike other short ram intakes.

LatinEM1
08-24-2009, 08:40 AM
That sounds fucking dope, I think I might want to buy it off you. When will you be getting it?

They said that all the end of this month it will start shipping out

GunnRulF
08-24-2009, 09:43 AM

have you seen the one for the s2k? that shit is crazy looking and will put you back about 1k... just for an intake! :crazy:

Br3TT
08-25-2009, 07:35 AM
i bought one and it should be shipping out by the end of the month :)

JDMB16
08-25-2009, 08:48 AM
have you seen the one for the s2k? that shit is crazy looking and will put you back about 1k... just for an intake! :crazy:
Ya its sick though
i bought one and it should be shipping out by the end of the month :)

word...let us know how you like it.

94ej1
08-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Looks sick

Shorty
08-30-2009, 10:34 PM
i spot a new skyline in the end of that video lol

KseriesEK
08-30-2009, 10:42 PM
i dont think that intake is good for a stock motor. you'll lose horsepower because of how much the air is breathing in the manifold..i say, if you have a mid built motor it should be good enough with that size intake....but idk.. thats my thought lol...

2009BLACKSI
08-31-2009, 11:04 PM
i dont think that intake is good for a stock motor. you'll lose horsepower because of how much the air is breathing in the manifold..i say, if you have a mid built motor it should be good enough with that size intake....but idk.. thats my thought lol...

It's tested in the video with a stock motor and ecu...

KseriesEK
09-02-2009, 10:41 AM
oh aha. i didnt see that video lol.. nicee.

06 Fg2
09-07-2009, 07:27 PM
I would love to get one..But the price..omg!

Already have a SRI..so no need unless i stumble on some money :p

LatinEM1
09-29-2009, 08:49 PM
I got mine but its for sale. Check it out!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/LatinEM1/DSC00590.jpg

JDMB16
09-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Hell ya thats tight, i might want it.

berny2435
09-30-2009, 09:44 AM

you are completely WRONG here. Allowing the least amount of resistance/resonance is what a high quality intake should do.

If you have a OEM throttle body, how are you going to injest MORE air into the motor than the OEM throttle body will allow if you don't have Forced Induction? You just don't. Going with a large TB will drop low to mid HP and increase top end, most of the time. Intakes, if designed correctly, will increase power through the entire band and if tuned correctly will yeild significant % gains over aftermarket tune with OEM intake.

What screws up the OEM tune is that a restriction is lessened and the MAF placement is different as well as the frequency and resonance the MAF sees.

Since this is a SRI, you will probably want to keep the MAF tune b/c a MAF does a better job of tuning for HOT air. I don't think a MAP tune maximizes a fine tune for all RPMS ranges as well. Hence most OEM SC/turbo cars use MAF tune systems.

Mister_Panda
09-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Does anyone know what kinda of gains you would get from using this? That's a lot of money for an intake.

LatinEM1
10-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Does anyone know what kinda of gains you would get from using this? That's a lot of money for an intake.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt-ons-all-motor/178011-its-official-12whp-password-powerchamber-makes-safe-power.html

I have one for sale btw..NIB check the for sale section

redline8500
10-05-2009, 06:21 PM
you are completely WRONG here. Allowing the least amount of resistance/resonance is what a high quality intake should do.

If you have a OEM throttle body, how are you going to injest MORE air into the motor than the OEM throttle body will allow if you don't have Forced Induction? You just don't. Going with a large TB will drop low to mid HP and increase top end, most of the time. Intakes, if designed correctly, will increase power through the entire band and if tuned correctly will yeild significant % gains over aftermarket tune with OEM intake.

What screws up the OEM tune is that a restriction is lessened and the MAF placement is different as well as the frequency and resonance the MAF sees.

Since this is a SRI, you will probably want to keep the MAF tune b/c a MAF does a better job of tuning for HOT air. I don't think a MAP tune maximizes a fine tune for all RPMS ranges as well. Hence most OEM SC/turbo cars use MAF tune systems.

actually bro a bigger throttle body on a k increases low and mid range power kms did a dyno with a bored out stock at 65mm, but they now only sell 64mm because 65mm was too big the tb were breaking. I would give you the dyno sheet but they guy who was working there took them when he left

berny2435
10-05-2009, 09:30 PM
actually bro a bigger throttle body on a k increases low and mid range power kms did a dyno with a bored out stock at 65mm, but they now only sell 64mm because 65mm was too big the tb were breaking. I would give you the dyno sheet but they guy who was working there took them when he left

ha, well I did say "most situations" ;)