PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous questions

MrRline2010
08-08-2009, 02:19 AM
Wondering whats the biggest nitrous setup you can do for an em2. I was considering a 75-100 wet shot and going with nitrous express and gen x for the purge system. Anybody have experience on adding anything like this? Is there a guide or faq somewhere that might answer some questions?

Mr.Burner
08-08-2009, 04:21 AM
i would say a 75 will be fine.... and work your way up from there...

i would do a fuel pump upgrade, and external regulator too...

step colder plug wouldnt hurt

if you wanna get crazy, get something to control timing and fuel...for a 100shot i would suggest 8 to 10 deg retard pull for timing

ditch the purge and spend the money somewhere else that you'll need...its just for show. IMO i run a kit and dont use one and its fine...

Oh and my best investment was an Innovative Wide Band gauge and o2 so you can make sure it never goes KABOOM!!

mr.lsvtec
08-08-2009, 09:16 AM
get tuned on it before u melt somthin

notoriouspig
08-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Mr burner is pretty much right on. The general rule of thumb is to retard the timing by 2-4 degrees for every 50hp you add. You should use a colder plug it helps dissapate the extra heat. There shouldnt be any need to upgrade your fuel system if you stay on the conservative side. To take full advantage of it engine management and forged parts go a long way just like any other power adder. It all depends on how much money you want to spend and what you expect to get. Another thing to consider is I believe your car has a plastic intake manifold I remember seeing a you tub video of a car blowing up the intake manifold from a nitrous backfire.:smoke:

sniperscout
08-08-2009, 12:48 PM
7thgen nitrous faq (http://www.civicforums.com/forums/79-forced-induction-swaps/100899-7thgen-nitrous-faq.html)

another 7thgen nitrous faq (http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7707)

4dr_ed3
08-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Talk to Joe at locash and Josh from tri-tech. doing it the right way and with a proper tuner you set up a good nitrous system saftly if done correctly

michalo187
08-09-2009, 04:06 AM
You guys are talking about Ignition timing right? So if 7thgen stock runs about 24.8 degress timing then with a 50-75 shot i should be running about 22.8 or so i know proper tuning is done on a dyno but I am just clearning this up for myself. What are safe AFR usually on nitrous?

Mr.Burner
08-09-2009, 05:12 AM
done anything to your internals?

Motor is completely stock

You guys are talking about Ignition timing right? So if 7thgen stock runs about 24.8 degress timing then with a 50-75 shot i should be running about 22.8 or so i know proper tuning is done on a dyno but I am just clearning this up for myself. What are safe AFR usually on nitrous?

You should bring it to me and we'll tinker with it... i just re jetted my kit with a bigger jet and its a freakin ROCKET!!! just tested her out tonight...no poppin no knockin just wheel spin and a nasty pull....

I tested it against an EG fully built sleeved ls-vtec 84mm with a 35R on 10lbs...he does 11.80's at the track. My front wheel was at his rear wheel at the top of 5th last night...

My A/F's where at 10.50 to 10.00 then 9.80 due to bottle psi drop...I dont think it was up to 1000psi tank press..

My knock count was 0 and ran smooooth through 5 gear pulls.
My suggestion is, install the 50shot jet and stomp it, see what it does... if you feel a slight pop or hesitation, let out...

Nitrous companies tend to jet there kits on the rich side so you dont hurt anything...so a 50 is really a 40, but thats where you want to start.

The only reason I suggest upgrading the fuel system is because your taking fuel pressure away from the motor to supply the nitrous-to the solenoid.

Eh just get a walbro intank and regulator with a gauge....its up to you.

Dont let everyone get you worked up about blowing it up cause its NOS!!! OMG RUN!! Its basically the same as a turbo if not better for street power...

Cylinder pressure is cylinder pressure which = power! It comes on better then a turbo EVER will...its immediate power! No lag wats so ever.

My car has not yet been on the dyno or been tuned...Its basically cell phone tuned by a guy i know very well.. and many txt messages...soon i'll let him dial it in if need be. But for now, im pretty happy with it. LOL believe it or not.

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/Mr_Burner/locashlogo.jpg Thats all i gotta say

MrRline2010
08-11-2009, 01:55 AM
read that faq thread. had a plan for what I was thinking 10lb Nitrous Express setup with gen x purge system and hardware for install. I was thinking of running a 50 shot now that it's mentioned. I do still have a question though if and when I do this how would you tune it on the stock ecu? Would I need some type of engine management system like kpro to do any type of tuning. I'm just not totally clear on it.

Mr.Burner
08-11-2009, 04:57 AM
Can you use a kpro on that thing? If so then fuck ya!!!

and you should get a wideband so you can tune it...you wont be able to do much but change the fuel jet around until a/f are safe...

and ya i read it...im two steps ahead of it.

with a 50 shot. you might not even need to move timing, just plugs and a good a/f

sniperscout
08-12-2009, 08:31 PM
yes kpro works on a d17...you need to get a different cam sprocket with it though.
but from what i have noticed when people want to bottle feed their car but not swap or boost it they dont usually have the monies for things like kpro

MrRline2010
08-13-2009, 01:24 AM
yes kpro works on a d17...you need to get a different cam sprocket with it though.
but from what i have noticed when people want to bottle feed their car but not swap or boost it they dont usually have the monies for things like kpro

ouch phil called me poor :( my main thing is i just dont want to swap to me the 5k and labor on the swap just isnt that worth it for what im getting i mean for the kswap price i could go buy a project teggy thats already faster than my em2

Mr.Burner
08-13-2009, 03:22 AM
If you can get a k pro and sprocket to make it work then thats the best idea hands down....

As a matter of fact here you go...

$1175 D17 K-Pro installed in a customer supplied donor ECU with Hondata cam gear

And here's wat it looks like...
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/Mr_Burner/kpronitrous.gif

Thats how mine is setup. With wide band too.

sniperscout
08-16-2009, 03:00 PM
i wasnt meaning to call you poor. I am sorry if i offended you. but what i said is what i have found to be true on most occasions

MrRline2010
08-16-2009, 03:46 PM
i wasnt meaning to call you poor. I am sorry if i offended you. but what i said is what i have found to be true on most occasions

im not mad at you philly

d0nny
08-16-2009, 10:44 PM
just don't tell the person your racing you have it! keep it quite.