PDA

View Full Version : supplement question!!! Help plz

kikin
08-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Whats up everyone i just started going to the gym about 2 weeks ago my goal is just to be in shape. Im not fat just would like to show some muscles. Should i do all natural and just work out or is there a supplement that will help me get there and if there is whats the name and how does it help me? Any side effects? Well thx

crx2quik4u
08-09-2009, 12:38 AM
depends on what you wanna do....you say your not fat....do you wanna get HUGE or lean or what? I stack all BSN products from pre workout drinks/ to pills/ to after workout shakes....i recommend all to use bsn because it works very well....and the only side effect is that your penis will grow longer then both of your legs combined and women will flock in the hundreds to get with you

kikin
08-09-2009, 10:15 AM
lol well i just wanna be tonned

gcboy90
08-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Why not start naturally? If you are trying to put on weight, you should eat about 3000 calories a day, low fat, medium carbs, high protein. If you wanna tone yourself down more, then 2000 calories a day, again low fat (meaning about 20-30 grams of fat), medium carbs (175 g), and high protein (200 g). Workout 5 days a week.
The split I use:

Monday: Back
Tuesday: Chest
Wednesday: Cardio (bike, elliptical, running, rowing machine), I usually do about 30-40 minutes on this day
Thursday: Arms (biceps, triceps, forearms)
Friday: Legs and Shoulders
Saturday: 30 minutes cardio
Sunday: rest (or cardio if you want)

Supplements aren't necessary to get "healthy" if that is all you want to do. I have lost 20 pounds this summer by eating right and working out.

kikin
08-09-2009, 07:38 PM
thanks for the info but its hard to eat healthy for ones im not sure which foods are good for you i know burgers and fries are bad but thats it

bb4arson
08-09-2009, 10:36 PM
its so crazy when u read the back of everything and how much calories and everything has ...
try reading stuff thats all u need to do ..

crx2quik4u
08-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Uhhhh....you NEVER work bi's and tri's in the same day.....and forearms????lol

gcboy90
08-10-2009, 12:21 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1677311&highlight=bis+tris+day

wrong, many people do bi's and tri's on the same day to give their arms a good pump and many people see intense gains. You can also do compounded supersets to give yourself an even more intense pump during the workout.

also, when working your body, you need to take every muscle group into account, and doing wrist curls will work the forearms enough to give you muscle growth in your forearms.

But hey, it's what works for ME. I am giving him advice to work on it. I got my routines and my diet ideas not from listening to ONE specific person, but from reading dozens of articles, searching forums, reading magazines and getting insights from friends.

Keep testing, keep trying new things and eventually you will find a nitch. Read calorie labels on the back of foods, that will give you a better shot at toning up. Keep your daily caloric intake below 2200 and I bet you will lose a pound a week.

jakellama123
08-10-2009, 12:42 AM
i heard semen is a good source of protein
LOL
well anyways id say just whey protein and motivated lifting

kikin
08-10-2009, 03:33 PM
I was reading that doing a full body workout 3 times a week work better and u lose more calories than do splids work out. I think that works for me cuz i can only go 3x a week and i been trying that and its intense but i really see a differnce in 2 weeks ive gone. Of course thats i do a light workout before sleeping

gcboy90
08-10-2009, 03:43 PM
if you do a full body workout, the reason you are burning more calories is because you are going to be working out for more time. Splits work to help build muscle in individual regions. i suppose if you only have 3 days to work... try this split
Each workout is 3 sets of 10, except for dips on Day 1, which is 3 sets to failure.
Day 1
Chest ,Tris & Traps=
Incline Bench-Press
Flies
Dips To Failure
Tri-Extensions
Shrugs

Day 2
Legs=
Squats
Leg-Curls
Leg Extensions
Standing Calf-Raise

Day 3
Back, Biceps & Delts =
Bent Over Rows
Bent-Over Lateral Raises
Front Military Press
EZ-Bar Curls
Preacher Curls

Toning your muscle still means working each group individually and giving your body time to rest in between. At least 4 days should be given to allow each muscle group to rest.

Minty
08-10-2009, 07:39 PM
bsn=godly
if ur gonna use any bsn for sure do N.O. xplode. it is a pre workout supplement that enhances blood flow and vascularity. it gives u more energy and stamina while lifting, also there is some creatine in it.

kikin
08-11-2009, 08:55 AM
any side effects on NO xplode? How about cellmass?

SiR Mikey
08-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Whats up everyone i just started going to the gym about 2 weeks ago my goal is just to be in shape. Im not fat just would like to show some muscles. Should i do all natural and just work out or is there a supplement that will help me get there and if there is whats the name and how does it help me? Any side effects? Well thx

Search this forum, every question you have asked has been answered multiple times by either krazyblurtz, bmxican or myself. You need to forget about all the supplements and their hyped up bullshit. Most of them do nothing, but people take them because of the placebo affect/energy you get from the high amounts of caffeine. Get a diet down first, that is the basis of any and all results you will see. Depending on your weight/height depends on how much you should cut your calories back to. Once you figure that out, you can slowly cut your calories back more and more. If you want to gain muscle then you will have to adjust your calorie intake accordingly. Nothing will happen over night. You'd be surprised at how much weight you can lose by just cutting out fast food and soda.

Once you have that down, then you can focus on your workout plan. Everyone is different, so what works for guy a might not work for guy b. My workout looks like this

Mon- chest/tris
Tues- shoulders/bis
Wed- legs
Thur-back/traps/forearms
Fri- I make up forwhatever workout I felt was shitty for that week

My supplement pile consists of protein, BCAA's, multivitamins, fish oil and creatine monohydrate, but I haven't taken anything in a while. And just becaust you use supplements does not mean you aren't natural. Search youtube for the user scooby1961 and watch his videos, most of the questions you have are answered in them.

AllstarHybrid
08-15-2009, 02:10 PM
diet is everything