PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to SIR this Saturday night?

GOTTRQ?
08-14-2009, 12:50 AM
Gates open at 6pm. Who's going? I'm running my bucket.:clap:

ashtonsturboser
08-14-2009, 06:23 AM
you lucky bastard, living soo close to about 3 or 4 different drag strips. haha, I envy you for that. You remind me of myself back when i lived in texas. I was less than an hour away from 2 different drag strips. I would always go to this one particular one back when i had an N/A 91 SE-R with full bolt ons.s I would be out there literally every weekend doing 10-15 passes a night. Those were the good old days.

I seriously put about 350-400 passes on my car and the jdm motor that i put in when i first bought the car. I put 50k miles on it in the year and a half i owned it. My car never broke either. lol. 14.2@ 97 all motor on street tires, full interior.

Neways have fun man. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler out. Its supposed to be anyways.

crxhfb16
08-14-2009, 07:56 AM
not going this time but i will on the 22nd for the collective event.

GOTTRQ?
08-14-2009, 02:38 PM
you lucky bastard, living soo close to about 3 or 4 different drag strips. haha, I envy you for that. You remind me of myself back when i lived in texas. I was less than an hour away from 2 different drag strips. I would always go to this one particular one back when i had an N/A 91 SE-R with full bolt ons.s I would be out there literally every weekend doing 10-15 passes a night. Those were the good old days.

I seriously put about 350-400 passes on my car and the jdm motor that i put in when i first bought the car. I put 50k miles on it in the year and a half i owned it. My car never broke either. lol. 14.2@ 97 all motor on street tires, full interior.

Neways have fun man. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler out. Its supposed to be anyways.

Nice! I was the same way with the stock motor in my car. I put almost 100 passes on it. It had some bolt-ons, gears, and exhaust. I would run 14.1 @ 98.5 back to back to back. lol. I already have 71 passes, and 12.5k miles on the new motor too. :grin: Hahaha.

SIR is about 30 minutes from my house, and Firebird is a little over an hour away. I like the track itself at SIR, but I like the elevation, and the way Firebird is run. It's nice to have them both decently close though. lol. :)

ashtonsturboser
08-14-2009, 03:00 PM
yeah your lucky, i have to drive 3 hours to go to any of the tracks there in phoenix. haha. Its worth it though, I just miss living soo close cuz if i did i would go a hell of a lot more often.

GOTTRQ?
08-14-2009, 03:03 PM
yeah your lucky, i have to drive 3 hours to go to any of the tracks there in phoenix. haha. Its worth it though, I just miss living soo close cuz if i did i would go a hell of a lot more often.

LOL! I hear that. It's super nice. I just fucking HATE the wait times at SIR. On a busy night, you'll sit in line for an hour or more, waiting to make a pass.

ashtonsturboser
08-14-2009, 03:35 PM
LOL! I hear that. It's super nice. I just fucking HATE the wait times at SIR. On a busy night, you'll sit in line for an hour or more, waiting to make a pass.

yeah the track i went to some nights it was exactly that, especially if someone would break. But on average back then and this was like over 5 years ago it would take about 30-45 minutes in between runs. Again the good old days when the racing scene was really big. We would see upwards of 100+ cars there any given weekend, If you went on a holiday or something it would usually be less depending.

I wish the scene would pop back up like that cuz if the economy doesnt get better enough for it to then we might soo not see any tracks open at all. We need to support them to keep the ones that are open, open. I would definetly be out there more if i lived closer for sure.

Oh and good luck man. Hopefully you can get a new best E/T

GOTTRQ?
08-14-2009, 03:59 PM
I won't get a new best ET here in Tucson. The elevation at SIR is 3075 feet.. I'll always do beter at Firebird. I just hope to beat my best of 11.73 here in Tucson. lol. We'll see. :)

HondaKidB16Teg
08-14-2009, 05:52 PM
ha i saw ur mustang at arco or mayb az honda ths lst weekend ....shits BEASTY i love it!!

GOTTRQ?
08-15-2009, 01:42 AM
ha i saw ur mustang at arco or mayb az honda ths lst weekend ....shits BEASTY i love it!!

I was at Arco. I don't go to AZ Honda. I'll be at the track Saturday night too. More people should go. :grin: It's a legal place to run your shit! :clap::blunt:

churchyegvtec
08-15-2009, 09:35 AM
dont know if ill make it im buying another car tonight but ima try what time does tech clse

GOTTRQ?
08-15-2009, 12:22 PM
dont know if ill make it im buying another car tonight but ima try what time does tech clse

Probably 10. You better fucking make it, George! Get that 11 son! :bananaman:

churchyegvtec
08-22-2009, 06:13 PM
ill be there tonight we will c about that 11