PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried that acai berry stuff??

95civicdude
08-15-2009, 10:21 PM
i was wondering if anyone has tried any of the acai berry supplements... ive heard they work well in losing weight and gaining energy and stuff, i would like to know if anyone has had any luck??? thanks

sonkaos
08-23-2009, 10:29 PM
I tried the stuff from costco, which is more of a cleansing product. This stuff did nothing for me, but it is a different product from the one you see on TV.

girl
09-09-2009, 08:14 PM
I tried a smoothie that had some of those in there, I think. If they're these huge dark balls they're gross lol! but fun to throw at people :) or use as ammo with a straw

randizle
09-09-2009, 09:44 PM
i was wondering if anyone has tried any of the acai berry supplements... ive heard they work well in losing weight and gaining energy and stuff, i would like to know if anyone has had any luck??? thanks

to loose weght just eat clean and run 45mins right after you wake up.
fruit, clean carbs and protien it's a simple science just hard to follow through every day.

95civicdude
09-10-2009, 02:20 AM
haha ya hard to folloiw. i was 6 foot 1 and 170 pounds when i got out of the army. i am now 220 pounds haha

redek98
09-10-2009, 12:09 PM
i used the GNC stuff along with a cleanser...I felt a little better lost a couple pounds. Not worth it imo

redek98
09-10-2009, 12:10 PM
get better results from a multivitamin, eating right, and working out

Jutt
09-12-2009, 09:30 PM

I haven't tried Acai, but my uncle owns a company that makes something similar called Qi (qwee).. same concept.. it's made from Prickly Pear juice and is great for you... but tastes like crap..

funny how that works huh?

Personally though if your looking for like multivitamin and diet stuff.. try herbalife.. they sponsor my soccer and i hear from that stuff is success stories.. not TOO bad tasting either..
:barf:

jonnymos
09-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Waste of money. Just eat fruits and veggies, It will be cheaper and won't have any "added" ingredients. Look into some superfoods like rhubarb and what not.

OhDang
09-14-2009, 09:28 AM
I tried a smoothie that had some of those in there, I think. If they're these huge dark balls they're gross lol! but fun to throw at people :) or use as ammo with a straw

Boba?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pearl_Milktea.jpg

atomicx
09-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Boba?

lol

ALYSSSAA
09-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Boba?

lol x2

fivesfe
09-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Boba?

yumm

OhDang
09-14-2009, 11:45 PM
yumm

I think I'm the only asian that hates that shit

ALYSSSAA
09-15-2009, 06:48 AM
How could you hate boba! Lol.

But Acai Bowl from Juice it Up...:thumbup:

OhDang
09-16-2009, 09:55 AM
How could you hate boba! Lol.

But Acai Bowl from Juice it Up...:thumbup:

Cause its hype.

chinabean
09-17-2009, 04:36 PM
^ you're a trend.

ej1freAk
09-17-2009, 10:23 PM
i work at smoothie king, there is an acai smoothie there, its called acai adventure. pple dont usually order it but the ones that order them are ripped or look healthy. you should try it.

OhDang
09-18-2009, 02:11 AM
^ you're a trendsetter.

fixed

KingDingaLing
09-21-2009, 08:40 PM
there is actually a drink that i take. shot in the morning, shot at night.has tons of beneficial fruits for your body and it taste great. its around 45 bux a bottle but it will last you 3 weeks.

no joke, i first hand know a handful of people, some being good friends (older adults) who drink it like i said and lost 5-15 pounds. they did there same daily routines. just added this drink. it cleans your body out and keeps it healthy. me personally will probably drink it for the rest of my life.

its call MONA-VIE ACTIVE. its a acai blend. great stuff. look it up.

heres the website i order from if anyone is interested. www.thegreatproduct.com/maricopa

jonnymos
09-22-2009, 05:35 AM
LOL mona-vie

sweetducklet8
09-22-2009, 08:05 AM
look up HCG - if you can deal with injecting yourself with a super tiny needle and a strict diet (no added exercise) you could lose up to 34 lbs in a 46 day period or up to 15lbs in about 20 days.

jonnymos
09-22-2009, 08:22 AM
look up HCG - if you can deal with injecting yourself with a super tiny needle and a strict diet (no added exercise) you could lose up to 34 lbs in a 46 day period or up to 15lbs in about 20 days.

"Human chorionic gonadotropin is a hormone produced during pregnancy. The hormone is present in the urine, and it's the presence of hCG that home pregnancy kits are "checking" for when such a test is performed. In a nutshell, if hCG is present, you're pregnant, if it's not... you're not."
Oh yeah.. I want some of this injected into me......:but:

There have been tests/research that shows that when you compare the results of people on a Very Low Calorie Diet and those on a VLCD and hCG, there is no real difference—in weight loss, in hunger, in anything.

These "quick fixes" are just that.. they are only temporary and wont benefit you in the long run and most will cause more damage than good.

Fact of the matter is everyone is looking for that "easy way out" when in reality... there is no easy way! Stick to the calories you need daily to function. Eat the right foods, drink the right things and get off your ass and fawkin exercise, 30 mins of cardio daily minimum.

sweetducklet8
09-22-2009, 08:28 AM
"Human chorionic gonadotropin is a hormone produced during pregnancy. The hormone is present in the urine, and it's the presence of hCG that home pregnancy kits are "checking" for when such a test is performed. In a nutshell, if hCG is present, you're pregnant, if it's not... you're not."
Oh yeah.. I want some of this injected into me......:but:

There have been tests/research that shows that when you compare the results of people on a Very Low Calorie Diet and those on a VLCD and hCG, there is no real difference—in weight loss, in hunger, in anything.

These "quick fixes" are just that.. they are only temporary and wont benefit you in the long run and most will cause more damage than good.

Fact of the matter is everyone is looking for that "easy way out" when in reality... there is no easy way! Stick to the calories you need daily to function. Eat the right foods, drink the right things and get off your ass and fawkin exercise, 30 mins of cardio daily minimum.

It isn't for everyone and it could work in the long run if you don't pig out every minute of the day afterwards. I kind of see it more as a jump start to getting on track. But everyone is different. Works/ed for me and there was a huge difference in hunger. There are always "yes it works, yes it doesn't" arguments with every weight loss trick out there. As with any suggestion...take it or leave it. ;)

I completely agree that you still have to watch what you are putting in your body on a daily basis and maintain a mininum level of activity/exercise.

jonnymos
09-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Your right there will always be different opinions/results with everything out there.

One way you can "jump start" could be doing a type of keto diet....
Eat your normal amount of carbs on sunday then dont eat any- little carbs until the next sunday. You will feel drained due to the lack of carbs (your body metabolises carbs into energy). By about wednesday there aren't any carbs left for your body to burn so it starts metabolising your fat storage into energy (This is Ketosis - your body will be in a kind of starvation mode.) Then the next sunday you carb up again and do that for a few weeks.

This is something you can do without injecting anything into your body. Add exercise/cardio(even though you may feel tired) into the mix, drink alot of water, eat healthy with little to no carbs during the diet and you can drop some quick pounds. But always check with your Dr. before doing any of these types of things.

sweetducklet8
09-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Your right there will always be different opinions/results with everything out there.

One way you can "jump start" could be doing a type of keto diet....
Eat your normal amount of carbs on sunday then dont eat any- little carbs until the next sunday. You will feel drained due to the lack of carbs (your body metabolises carbs into energy). By about wednesday there aren't any carbs left for your body to burn so it starts metabolising your fat storage into energy (This is Ketosis - your body will be in a kind of starvation mode.) Then the next sunday you carb up again and do that for a few weeks.

This is something you can do without injecting anything into your body. Add exercise/cardio(even though you may feel tired) into the mix, drink alot of water, eat healthy with little to no carbs during the diet and you can drop some quick pounds. But always check with your Dr. before doing any of these types of things.

Good suggestion.

Very important: But always check with your Dr. before doing any of these types of things.

:clap:

chinabean
09-23-2009, 02:40 PM
it went Pomegranate -> Mangosteen -> and now Acai Berry

AZBOOST92
11-12-2009, 05:37 PM
dude acai is the greatest shit u can get. go 2 robeks and get some there

jonnymos
11-15-2009, 06:31 AM
dude acai is shit
:thumbsup:

sikz6
11-15-2009, 06:29 PM
there is actually a drink that i take. shot in the morning, shot at night.has tons of beneficial fruits for your body and it taste great. its around 45 bux a bottle but it will last you 3 weeks.

no joke, i first hand know a handful of people, some being good friends (older adults) who drink it like i said and lost 5-15 pounds. they did there same daily routines. just added this drink. it cleans your body out and keeps it healthy. me personally will probably drink it for the rest of my life.

its call MONA-VIE ACTIVE. its a acai blend. great stuff. look it up.

heres the website i order from if anyone is interested. www.thegreatproduct.com/maricopa
mona vie is the only exporter of acai berries so therefore,
mova vie is the only company that actually has the best acai berries. They send all their "shit" berries to the other companies that produce acai products.

so if you're going to drink any acai supplemental drink, drink mona vie

jonnymos
11-16-2009, 05:46 AM
LOL mona-vie

This^

What a WASTE of money.