PDA

View Full Version : When i turn gain up / Sub goes BRRRRRM

Jstylez
08-23-2009, 04:15 PM
When i have the gain up at a good sounding level, once i turn the volume up to bump it, it goes from BRROM BRRROM with the beat, to just BRRRRRRRRRRRRM until i turn it down.

OR if i just turn the gain up too high period it'll doo the same thing, right now i have the gain turned up like 1/8th of the way. i'd like it half way... anybody have any ideas ?

nothings grounding out, or anything like that ?

it's a monoblock amp, and i'm running a single Alpine type R the older model, i cant find info on it, but i's this style, with the single foam ring around the cone, not the one that has ripples

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/179066.jpg

^ yes i know that's a 15, but mines the same model just a 12...

BlkOnBlk-Si
08-23-2009, 06:35 PM
you blew that bitch lol...that sub can only take 300 rms and its only a 1000 watts unlike the newer ones...

Sprmario
08-23-2009, 06:55 PM
^ agreed, sounds like you blew it out with too much gain from the amp.

Pendulum
08-23-2009, 11:39 PM
you're unloading. Bring it to me, man.

You should adjust the gain to match your RCA input voltage. Gain is NOT a volume adjustment. You didn't blow it. If it plays properly at low volume it's fine.

Since I'm in Scottsdale and you'll have to drive to me, I won't charge you. Just bring me a pack og Marlboro Lights haha

Jstylez
08-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah Pendulum i know i didnt blow it... (the amp i have is an MTX Monoblock 2ohm 150w RMS / 4ohm 300w RMS ) anyhow, what do you want me to bring it to you for ? its doin good now, at the gain level i have it at... unless you gotta diff deck you wanna give me / trade ? lol ;)

BlkOnBlk-Si
08-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Yeah Pendulum i know i didnt blow it... (the amp i have is an MTX Monoblock 2ohm 150w RMS / 4ohm 300w RMS ) anyhow, what do you want me to bring it to you for ? its doin good now, at the gain level i have it at... unless you gotta diff deck you wanna give me / trade ? lol ;)

how does your amp have more rms watts on 4ohm? lol...and get a alpine mrp-500 its a perfect match for that sub...i have 2 12's type-r's and a mrp-850 alpine amp and shit pounds pretty good...

Pendulum
08-25-2009, 04:16 PM
You could be clipping dude...
Have you used an ohm meter and oscilloscope to set the gain? That's the only 100% proper way to do it.

Of course, you can guesstimate it and be ok ( :

Glad to hear you got it sorted. Ground Loop gone too?

tegn9ne
08-27-2009, 03:52 PM
it sounds to me like your rca wires need to be replaced to me

bobbbbbbbbbbo
09-25-2009, 04:46 PM
it sounds to me like your rca wires need to be replaced to me

Your retarded, stfu. Dont post here anymore.

bobbbbbbbbbbo
09-25-2009, 04:47 PM
What Pendulum said, your probably clipping your sub. Alot of things can cause it, and its a deathwish for your sub. Best bet is find someone with an Ohm-meter and oscilliscope, just like Pendulum said, and fine tune the amp to the sub for ITS best interest.

If its not loud enough, well then you just didnt go big enough.

tokico
09-26-2009, 08:02 PM
what amp you using? it might not be clipping just sounds shitty cuz its in that small box. That box doesnt have enough air flow. All those boxes make you sub sound like is clipping. A bigger ported box would be your best bet, and i bet you wont hear that sound anymore. And yes you should NOT adjust gain as volume.

MorningWood
09-29-2009, 10:00 AM
rca are back words or you have the gain up to much you dont adjust the gain to get more bass you do that with your deck and the knoob that says bass

Pendulum
10-01-2009, 09:13 AM
You guys need to let this thread die. The problem/s been fixed. Ages ago.

GunnRulF
10-01-2009, 10:53 AM
sub needs a tune

MorningWood
10-01-2009, 11:28 AM

if its fixed then close it

ssshhh
10-05-2009, 06:53 PM
it went boom.
it dont go boom now?
then why we here?

Jstylez
10-08-2009, 01:04 PM

http://www.azstreetscene.com/ipbforum/style_emoticons/default/rofl.gif .... seriously... got it all good and goig, its' a 300 @ 2 / 150 @ 4 ohm RMS Alpine amp... so i got the max RMS going to the sub that the sub handles, for one twelve, it can bump pretty good... but i got hooked up on a deal i couldn't pass up on a 15" Rockford Fosgate dual voice coil 500W RMS sub @ 4ohm, so i just ordered, and received my amp to powe it. It's a Powe Acoustik mono block 500 RMS @ 4 ohm. so cant wait to squeeze that big ass sub & box in the trunk and then i can swap my current Alpine type R 300w RMS system into the cab of my truck! http://www.azstreetscene.com/ipbforum/style_emoticons/default/rock.gif

Pendulum
10-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Good luck getting that box in there... You might have to build one.

Oh, and :thumbsup: on the amp. I LOVE Power Acoustik amps!

Jstylez
10-12-2009, 12:19 PM

Thx... yeah im thinking if it fits, it'll JUST wedge its self inbetween the rear strut bumps, hpefully nice and snug so i wont hafta put too many other theif deturance screws/straps/lag bolts in the box / car body

Jstylez
10-16-2009, 09:13 AM

Yeah i baaaaarely got it in, fought with it for a solid 5 mins, pushing, shoving, pulling, twisting, etc... finally squeezed it in, and got it sitting corectl, and jammed it in between the two rear strut towers!

good luck to anybody trying to steal it... i'll hear them and be out side shooting at them before they even have a good grip on that bitch! http://www.azstreetscene.com/ipbforum/style_emoticons/default/rock.gif

Pendulum
10-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Good to hear!

Now you need Dynamat lol. there's a product at Home Depot that's supposed to be the exact same stuff for like 1/6th the cost. Or pm me, I can get name brand Dynamat real cheap too.