*EG3*
08-24-2009, 06:03 PM
and jb weld... always helps...

my91hatchbackEF
08-24-2009, 07:16 PM
for real guys come on im trying to learn

civicsickness
08-26-2009, 08:38 PM
if you really wana learn and if i were you i'd hit up google and start from there instead of waiting for people to respond to the thread. theres alot more to it than just removing and replacing parts. i dont know much about it because ive never had the want to learn but your guna need to do some custom shit to your fire wall for obvious reasons... maybe make your own brake lines..rhd steering rack perhaps? .. gl..

Jason.AZ1
08-26-2009, 08:41 PM
for real guys come on im trying to learn

LEARN
http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61279

Tweeder
08-29-2009, 05:53 AM
LOL^ thats the closest thing to an RHD write up Ive seen hahahaha @ my semi-fail

if you really wana learn and if i were you i'd hit up google and start from there instead of waiting for people to respond to the thread. theres alot more to it than just removing and replacing parts. i dont know much about it because ive never had the want to learn but your guna need to do some custom shit to your fire wall for obvious reasons... maybe make your own brake lines..rhd steering rack perhaps? .. gl..

whoa man, way off! its actually pretty easy. just VERY time consuming.

honest answer is; if you dont know how to drill and weld then DONT EVEN TRY IT! or just find someone that does. you dont need to use anything custom (if you do it right) in fact you can still use your USDM wiring harness (its actually easier that way, ever try and read a JDM wiring diagram?!), and yes, you NEED the rhd's rack and subframe as well as break booster and clutch master cylinder

builtem1
09-04-2009, 10:37 AM
its not that hard ive had one before and its actually pretty easy if u know what your doing and you take your time...what are u trying to do a rhd conv on...?

thakid
09-06-2009, 02:48 PM
i want to get a price on all the parts and work for a ep3. anyone know?

CHILL_MF_WILL
09-12-2009, 01:07 PM
i want to get a price on all the parts and work for a ep3. anyone know?

holy ish the newer the car the mooooreeee it cost man thats gonna be alot of work and that shits gonna be ridiculously priced!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY.

Tweeder
09-12-2009, 05:04 PM
holy ish the newer the car the mooooreeee it cost man thats gonna be alot of work and that shits gonna be ridiculously priced!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY.

bullshit. it might acutually be cheaper for an EP3 to do a conversion compaired to a EF or a DA, mostly because its a lot easier to find those kinds of parts, so no one will scam you saying its a difficult clip to locate.

and total you'll be looking in the $2k-$4k range, just depends on how you do it, where you go, if you wanna keep AC and PS, wire tuck (should be done since the whole car is ripped apart, makes it easier), paint, materials, ect ect ect...

and dont take ANYONE that says they wanna/theyre gonna do a conversion too serious. pretty much EVERYONE says that, but truth is that its just people's pipe dream. about 5% of people that say that theyre gonna do it ACTUALLY do it, its just too much of a project for most. granted, i got lucky with mine

btw, im not trying to toot my own horn or sound cocky (even though im sure most people will take it that way, fucking azht), im just ranting :thumbup:

thakid
09-13-2009, 01:16 AM
lots of money

civicsickness
09-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the sarcasm! If you READ the whole post it says I don't know how to do a rhd you smart ass I was just trying to do what no one else would- HELP! AND POINT IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. And btw drilling and welding sounds pretty custom to me....

Tweeder
09-14-2009, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the sarcasm! If you READ the whole post it says I don't know how to do a rhd you smart ass I was just trying to do what no one else would- HELP! AND POINT IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. And btw drilling and welding sounds pretty custom to me....

drop the attitude, it makes you look like a douchbag, and nobody wants to help a douchbag.

and you have to drill out the STOCK spot welds on the firewall to swap them out. like i said, nothing "custom"

thakid
09-14-2009, 10:17 AM
2k-4k is reasonable. How long would it take you figure with an experienced shop in rhd conversions?

civicsickness
09-14-2009, 12:56 PM
If your talking about me then I don't care what people think of me lol I don't need your help. Good day

crxb16t
09-15-2009, 10:13 AM
the ef is the hardest conversion to do. ive dunn 2 of them and there a lil more time than the others.

99b95pem1
06-19-2010, 10:45 AM
the ef is the hardest conversion to do. ive dunn 2 of them and there a lil more time than the others.

ill stand behind that comment. but it turned out great and i drive it everyday now.

j-dizzle
06-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Its not as hard as you think. Yes its a lot of work. I got my da clip from hmo for 400 plus 150 in shipping so that was a great price for everything including a stock radio haha. It always helps to have the clip so you can see exactly what needs to be done. This is gonna be my first on my own car but the 4th I have done. Also if you gonna tuck and shave things on the firewall do it before you put it in makes things a lot easier. Also if you are unsure of cutting your fire wall most junk yards have crush cars you can practice on I know I have. As long as you take your time and your a good welder and don't rig anything up, its gonna come out good

jesustirado6
07-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Does anyone here recommend a shop or person that might be able to do it?

MannyaK
07-05-2010, 10:56 PM

are you really trying to tell someone how to do a rhd when you dont even have experience doing it?
tweeder has done a rhd conversion sir :smackself:

2poor2tune
07-06-2010, 03:54 AM
are you really trying to tell someone how to do a rhd when you dont even have experience doing it?
tweeder has done a rhd conversion sir :smackself:

and and he has the custom licence plate i wanted for my crx but oh well

MannyaK
07-06-2010, 08:09 AM
gotta love it

auex
07-06-2010, 09:42 AM
I am not sure if a shop would take the liablity to doing this job to be honest. Also don't forget the duct tape.

TauntDevil
07-06-2010, 11:19 AM
There are a few shops that will do the right hand conversion but you have to have everything for them and labor isnt cheap. I dont know which shops but if you look around you will probably find a few. I myself cant suggest or help because i havent done a rhd conversion yet. I would like to on my eg but i dont have the money or the time to do so. If all goes well maybe you will find a car thats already converted that is being parted out or something and can just move the parts over. Sounds abit easy so im going to guess its not like that but... Good luck on everything :)

2poor2tune
07-07-2010, 12:42 AM
honestly a rhd conversion cant be to hard. it is a 10 on a 1 to 10 scale of difficulty but seriously what can be so hard about it? the hardest part for me would be handing all my money over to buy the stuff. the rest seems pretty strait forward but will take alot of time and bugging a few friends to help with welding because i suck at it

Tweeder
07-09-2010, 08:15 PM
and and he has the custom licence plate i wanted for my crx but oh well

DOH! sorry man

2poor2tune
07-10-2010, 03:37 AM
wait wait wait does it say rhd lol now? did it used to say lhd lol? i wanted the LHD LOL. i saw the plate in the mt. lemmon pics

Tweeder
07-10-2010, 06:38 PM
wait wait wait does it say rhd lol now? did it used to say lhd lol? i wanted the LHD LOL. i saw the plate in the mt. lemmon pics

my RHD EG had LHD LOL, my RSX has RHD LOL

MannyaK
07-10-2010, 06:41 PM
your next car should be
k24 LOL

2poor2tune
07-10-2010, 08:21 PM
i wanted OMG RHD but its taken too