PDA

View Full Version : Got questions about these springs lmk

cb7 91
09-17-2009, 02:27 PM
i want to know if any body gots them how they ride and is the camber wear really bad. will i just have to get camber kits???????? tein s.tech for my honda accord 90

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww248/pfranco08/images.jpg

jakellama123
09-17-2009, 03:45 PM
camber isnt too bad
they dont drop that much
good comfy springs

cb7 91
09-17-2009, 08:07 PM
which springs will ride good and drop it like 2 inches ill have to get a camber it for sure:poke:

FranktheTank
09-17-2009, 08:20 PM
which springs will ride good and drop it like 2 inches ill have to get a camber it for sure:poke:

Camber isnt bad, its good for corning.
Toe is the bad thing that wears down your tires quickly

cb7 91
09-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Camber isnt bad, its good for corning.
Toe is the bad thing that wears down your tires quickly
so what is there a toe kit or something like that u buy?????

JDM Jon
09-17-2009, 09:35 PM
No they only sell camber kits but you get an alignment to fix the toe problems.

cb7 91
09-20-2009, 05:08 AM
ohhh so if i jst get an alignment it wont waste my tires

gunsup0331
09-20-2009, 09:47 PM
oh my fucking god.
Yes excessive toe eats tires.
BUT on lowered cars the negative camber is definitely the leading cause of premature tire wear.
Heres my rule of thumb: if you are dropping an inch or more, get a fuckin camber kit.
Well unless you can flip your tires on the rims every couple thousand miles...but youll ride better with the kit anyways... Just spend the 100

cb7 91
09-25-2009, 01:22 PM
oh my fucking god.
Yes excessive toe eats tires.
BUT on lowered cars the negative camber is definitely the leading cause of premature tire wear.
Heres my rule of thumb: if you are dropping an inch or more, get a fuckin camber kit.
Well unless you can flip your tires on the rims every couple thousand miles...but youll ride better with the kit anyways... Just spend the 100
lol why so mad hahahaha people that are mad make me laugh and the camber kits are only 100 bucks last time i checked they were like 200????

Dead Bird
09-25-2009, 02:13 PM
don't listen to him anyways. he doenst know what he's talking about.

frank the tank is correct.
drop the car, get an alignment.
if you want a camber kit, go for it, just get another alignment after you put it on

cb7 91
09-26-2009, 10:31 PM

if you want a camber kit, go for it, just get another alignment after you put it on
cool dog thanks for the info :crazy:

gunsup0331
09-29-2009, 07:43 PM

really.......? so maybe my price is off, its been 5 years since i priced a camber kit. I paid $120 for mine front and back.
BUT...toe is the Least of your worries when Lowering a car.
1) The camber change is FAR more significant hence the need for Bolt-ons.
2) Getting an alignment is a no-brainer, toe becomes a non-issue; so we are back to camber.
3) You cannot adjust for -4deg of camber with stock suspension components.
4) The OP wasnt worried about toe, hes obviously going to be driving this shit on the street so negative camber is NOT good. Making a blanket statement like "camber is good" isnt going to help the OP when hes specifically trying not to destroy tires.

So how do i Not know what im talking about? I worked at a tire store for 3yrs, been lowering cars for 9 and im currently training to be an auto tech. Im taking my ASE test for Suspension in Nov. so I had better know what im talking about lol

Dead Bird
09-29-2009, 08:41 PM
really.......? so maybe my price is off, its been 5 years since i priced a camber kit. I paid $120 for mine front and back.
BUT...toe is the Least of your worries when Lowering a car.
1) The camber change is FAR more significant hence the need for Bolt-ons.
2) Getting an alignment is a no-brainer, toe becomes a non-issue; so we are back to camber.
3) You cannot adjust for -4deg of camber with stock suspension components.
4) The OP wasnt worried about toe, hes obviously going to be driving this shit on the street so negative camber is NOT good. Making a blanket statement like "camber is good" isnt going to help the OP when hes specifically trying not to destroy tires.

So how do i Not know what im talking about? I worked at a tire store for 3yrs, been lowering cars for 9 and im currently training to be an auto tech. Im taking my ASE test for Suspension in Nov. so I had better know what im talking about lol

Better Study Moar

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2614449

gunsup0331
09-29-2009, 11:07 PM
thats cute my advice comes from real life experience.

Yes excessive toe IF LEFT UNCHECKED will wear out a tire faster than excessive camber. But any moron will get his car aligned after lowering it. So the toe is fixed. Only thing left is the camber. I have seen countless tires chewed up and the toe is perfect. Also: a slight misadjustment of toe angle will be exacerbated by negative camber as the contact area is diminished.
The angle of toe USUALLY changes very little Compared to the change in camber when the car is lowered.
I dont really care what your third-party research concludes, ill keep trying to help ppl out based on what I know for a fact works and what doesnt.
And i have aligned my car myself and have directly seen the results of these changes

No offense is intended by my response(s) i am frustrated with how quickly ppl will jump in will half-assed internet-ninja advice on these forums. cheers

EDIT: further down on the first page of the thread you posted your guru admitted that shorter sidewalls will increase wear from negative camber.
So unless OUR op is running 55 series or bigger truck-type tires then running PROPER camber will be to his benefit.
This edit brought to you complete With collusion from YOUR source.

Dead Bird
09-30-2009, 03:00 PM
thats cute my advice comes from real life experience.

Yes excessive toe IF LEFT UNCHECKED will wear out a tire faster than excessive camber. But any moron will get his car aligned after lowering it. So the toe is fixed. Only thing left is the camber. I have seen countless tires chewed up and the toe is perfect. Also: a slight misadjustment of toe angle will be exacerbated by negative camber as the contact area is diminished.
The angle of toe USUALLY changes very little Compared to the change in camber when the car is lowered.
I dont really care what your third-party research concludes, ill keep trying to help ppl out based on what I know for a fact works and what doesnt.
And i have aligned my car myself and have directly seen the results of these changes

No offense is intended by my response(s) i am frustrated with how quickly ppl will jump in will half-assed internet-ninja advice on these forums. cheers

EDIT: further down on the first page of the thread you posted your guru admitted that shorter sidewalls will increase wear from negative camber.
So unless OUR op is running 55 series or bigger truck-type tires then running PROPER camber will be to his benefit.
This edit brought to you complete With collusion from YOUR source.

I wrote that thread.