PDA

View Full Version : mini me d15b7/z6 head timing issue

taintschwacker
09-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Ok i have a 94 civic i bought with a d15b7/z6head swap in it. the first head had a cracke valve in number 4 cylinder so i bought another z6 head. sent it out and got it milled and cleaned and put it on the b7 bottom. after i put it together i set the cam which has an aem adjustable cam gear and i set it to the p28 timing mark on the cover. i then set the crank on tdc with the arrow on the oil pump. i know that when you put the belt on it will be a half of tooth off. i then put the timing belt on and finished the head and then started the car. when i checked it with the timing light i could not even see the timing marks. i then set the cam gear 4.75 degrees advanced then checked timing. still the marks were not online. to make it short i moved the distributor all the way forward toward the front of the car and the timing mark was still like an inch away. the crank has 1 red mark and then a white mark and another and then a little farther forward it has two marks.it still wont line up with the red mark. i tested it with a five gas analyzer and my hc's are high. i then retarted the cam gear 5 degress and it still has high hc's and the marks are not lined up. the dizzy is still not lining the marks up. i can't get the hc's to lower and i can't get the marks to line up. it has a z6 timing belt and i do not know what crank pulley it has. all i know is the setting of the marks on the pulley. do i have the right crank pulley? how do i know if i have the right dizzy. it looks like a z6 dizzy. how can i tell? what am i doing wrong? either way i adjust the dizzy it will not lower hc's. this is really frustrating. can anyone help?