PDA

View Full Version : H2 Honda Challenge Thanksgiving Enduro Battle Royale

BlueTeg
09-24-2009, 10:44 PM
So I got to thinking the other day how cool it was when a year and a half ago 6 of the Honda Challenge guys got together and had informal throwdown at the 08 NASA FIR night event.

...and how it could be fun to rekindle this tag team approach to an endurance race.

I checked with Tage and the November event is scheduled to have a 3 hour enduro on Sunday. With the growing number of race cars available I think we could get a pretty decent field together (maybe 3-5 teams?).

Each team is comprised of 2 drivers, one car. There would be a mandatory number of pit stops (maybe 2?) for a minimum amount of time. Since I think pretty much all the HC cars are classed as H2, that makes it simple and even.

I've talked to Dan Sturla and we've come to a preliminary arrangement about sharing his car. As the first tentative team we are throwing the guantlet down to the rest of you race ready suckas to see who has what it takes.

Craig and Kent: where you at?
Tony: I have you listed as the driver to beat, find a partner and lets dance!
Tage: steal Boles' HC car (the "H" stands for halloween) and show the PT guys how its done (and for god sakes find a slow partner to make it interesting)
Justin: bring your sled out there and dust off your driving suit dude.
Jeff? Merv? Anyone else thats been through comp school want in?

http://www.freewebs.com/07sd//Championships/world%20tag%20team%20titles.jpg

topramn
09-25-2009, 09:23 AM
This is a great idea. I will find a way to shoot a message out to a couple SoCal guys to beef up the competition a little bit. I talked with Andy Hope a couple weeks ago at Willow Springs and he said he should have no problem rounding up a couple guys to come out for one of our events.

PS, love the tag team belt. Dont they sell those imitations at Toys R Us? I think it would be fun to ahve a gag gift for the winner! You LoooseBoys should know a thing or two about gag gifts.

fmx_dbc
09-25-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm looking forward to this and talked with Jeff the other night about it. After talking with Tony last night it sounds like he wants to run the enduro ironman style.

PhoenixR
09-25-2009, 11:42 AM
i was thinking about soloing it until i heard about this little challenge!

i'm down for sure -- and i'll find a codriver!

Dead Bird
09-25-2009, 02:47 PM
how much is comp school and where do i apply?
ill be tage's codriver if he's ok with it. like you said, make it interesting right?

or anybody that is ok with it? anybody?

BlueTeg
09-25-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm looking forward to this and talked with Jeff the other night about it. After talking with Tony last night it sounds like he wants to run the enduro ironman style.

Sweet. Will the Thanksgiving event be your PT/HC debut weeked or are you popping your race cherry next weekend?

i was thinking about soloing it until i heard about this little challenge!

i'm down for sure -- and i'll find a codriver!

:thumbsup:

fmx_dbc
09-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Sweet. Will the Thanksgiving event be your PT/HC debut weeked or are you popping your race cherry next weekend?

It may very well be my debut event in PT/HC. I wont be attending the next event. Going to Hawaii for a wedding.

BlueTeg
09-25-2009, 03:18 PM
how much is comp school and where do i apply?

ill be tage's codriver if he's ok with it. like you said, make it interesting right?

I do not think there will be a comp school between now and the Thanksgiving event. (NASA usually only has 1 or 2 per year). Before you do comp school you need to have at least completed DE2. Have you run a NASA track event before?

Tage doesn't have an H2 race car. He would have to borrow someone's HC race car.

Dead Bird
09-25-2009, 03:45 PM
I do not think there will be a comp school between now and the Thanksgiving event. (NASA usually only has 1 or 2 per year). Before you do comp school you need to have at least completed DE2. Have you run a NASA track event before?

Tage doesn't have an H2 race car. He would have to borrow someone's HC race car.

No Sir. Haven't even ever been to an event. Unfortunately. :(

Thought the way you said it above it seemed like he had a car he was able to borrow.
Guess I'm S.o.L? );

dantana
09-25-2009, 03:55 PM
dead teggy has the right attitude!
JEFF needs to find a motor, or at least slap his together.
id like to see kent get out there, craig, merv, tony, justin, anyone else have comp school completed?
simon, daniel, phil, nolan?
:tits: night at skin for the winner:tits:

BlueTeg
09-25-2009, 04:02 PM
No Sir. Haven't even ever been to an event. Unfortunately. :(

Thought the way you said it above it seemed like he had a car he was able to borrow.
Guess I'm S.o.L? );

No worries. If you are interesting in starting to compete you should get started now. It typically takes most people at the very least 10-12 months of consistently participating in HPDE events before they are ready to go for a comp license. In the mean time you can do Time Attack once you get group leader approval and of course dice it up with the rest of car in the HPDE program. If you've never been to a NASA event you should come out next weekend (first weekend in Oct) to see what they're all about. Alot of people never end up doing race group and are happy flogging their street cars on the race track.

He has a potential car to borrow, but that between him and the owner of that car. Alot of these cars cost $7-$10k to build so that person better just in your talent and judgement before they just throw the keys to their car to take wheel to wheel racing.

Dead Bird
09-25-2009, 04:21 PM
No worries. If you are interesting in starting to compete you should get started now. It typically takes most people at the very least 10-12 months of consistently participating in HPDE events before they are ready to go for a comp license. In the mean time you can do Time Attack once you get group leader approval and of course dice it up with the rest of car in the HPDE program. If you've never been to a NASA event you should come out next weekend (first weekend in Oct) to see what they're all about. Alot of people never end up doing race group and are happy flogging their street cars on the race track.

He has a potential car to borrow, but that between him and the owner of that car. Alot of these cars cost $7-$10k to build so that person better just in your talent and judgement before they just throw the keys to their car to take wheel to wheel racing.

There's one tiny little problem. no car.
Thanks for the info. If I'm off, maybe I'll convince Jason to take me cuz iI know he want(ed)s to go.

Haha but don't worry, i wouldn't mess up Mona

PhoenixR
09-25-2009, 04:53 PM
dead teggy has the right attitude!
JEFF needs to find a motor, or at least slap his together.
id like to see kent get out there, craig, merv, tony, justin, anyone else have comp school completed?
simon, daniel, phil, nolan?
:tits: night at skin for the winner:tits:

i might have to hit up mervin about co-driving.
who else is available? if it comes down to it, i can always have the pops co-drive -- old dude still has some speed. haha.

tony

BlueTeg
09-25-2009, 05:01 PM
i might have to hit up mervin about co-driving.
who else is available?

Jeff, Merv, Justin, Zollo (I'm 80% sure he's been through comp school....IIRC I hijacked Dan's phone and sent mulitple gay text messages to Zollo while we were in the classroom session. Or maybe it was from Zollo's phone to Dan. either way I think he was there), Tage, Boles.

PhoenixR
09-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Jeff, Merv, Justin, Zollo (I'm 80% sure he's been through comp school....IIRC I hijacked Dan's phone and sent mulitple gay text messages to Zollo while we were in the classroom session. Or maybe it was from Zollo's phone to Dan. either way I think he was there), Tage, Boles.

i figured that boles/tage would probably pair up in jason's car.
is jeff's car close to running? if jeff enters his car with a teammate, i think that means everyone with a comp license has a seat -- which would be awesome.

the question is: can craig and kent codrive without killing each other during the course of the weekend? haha.

justin had mentioned that he was wanting to take a step back and focus on DE -- if that's the case, i have dibbs on him for crew. haha. plus i'm not sure if he would be down to race my car.

tony

PhoenixR
09-25-2009, 05:14 PM
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs004.snc1/2793_96682349257_696599257_2617007_4467986_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs028.snc1/2579_136987005706_533945706_6099072_6134970_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs103.snc1/4564_1104064717765_1111158472_30316775_6103100_n.j pg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs104.snc1/4582_104844341560_673676560_2400266_2303729_n.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/4/l_84b7a7994e5f19e99e13449b4ba8d5e8.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1660/192/13/640758141/n640758141_1784482_1679.jpg

dantana
09-25-2009, 08:00 PM
F*ck yea tony!
i call dibs on simon as crew cheif:whip:
nolan as bbq tech:-p
and phil as GM:kiss:

fmx_dbc
09-25-2009, 08:27 PM
I need a crew! Ideas?

ILIKETODRIVE
09-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Damn I wanna drive in this!!1 I know Phil would want to too.

Is there anywhere locally we could get squared away at?

Worst case, I'll crew for Dan.

burnrbr
09-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Awwww shiet ... I might have to dust off the ol' racing suit for this! Count me in boys if there's a seat available! TheChez is ready to rock and roll!

Merv

fmx_dbc
09-25-2009, 10:01 PM
If i'm thinking what you're thinking we're kinda in the same boat. I still need a physical for my comp license and besides that you just need all the personal safety stuff which I'm pretty are you have most of. Obviously you need a suit...
As far as the physical, Steve Marlow said that it's possible to go to an urgent care center and have them do the paperwork

Mervin, let's talk!

topramn
09-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Damn I wanna drive in this!!1 I know Phil would want to too.

Is there anywhere locally we could get squared away at?

Worst case, I'll crew for Dan.

I THINK that there is a stipulation that says a Regional Director/Race Director can issue a provisional race license until the next comp school comes around for drivers capable of being racers. I would be getting in touch with Jeff Sussman, Tage, and Jeremy Renshaw about this if you are serious. This goes for old man Phil too. Both of you should be ready from a driver standpoint but I would say to help your cause, make sure you are not behind the wheel for the start. Leave that to someone who has completed the school. Also, you will have to make sure the rest of the Honda guys are comfortable with you, but I dont think that will be a problem.

cbaracing
09-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Brian and I can probably crew :wave1:

dantana
09-26-2009, 02:51 PM
newdy noodles is right, our very own KEEEEENTON was granted a race license on such terms
id like to see the rookies campaign a ride....

Vtecracer
09-26-2009, 04:25 PM
well since i have not completed comp school i am down to crew for whomever....

hint hint... old man phil and his "provisional license" if we can convince him.

Still up for crewing.. Looseboys stick together.. and the rookies are looking to jump into the fire!

fmx_dbc
09-26-2009, 06:56 PM

Justin said you guys were good solid people! I probably saw you at last years Thanksgiving enduro from what he told me.

EG6-DC2
09-26-2009, 07:04 PM
newdy noodles is right, our very own KEEEEENTON was granted a race license on such terms
id like to see the rookies campaign a ride....

If the" rookies" did campaign a ride, I wonder whose car would be used?

<---Too slow, so I will probably just crew....maybe one day I will be able to keep up with you guys :sucker:

dantana
09-26-2009, 07:38 PM
:d3:<---Too slow, so I will probably just crew....

nolan, heres a serious tip. IF you car finishes, your almost garunteed a podium finsh. this isnt a 2minute time attack, this is hell on your car for 3hrs and more than likely someone or somehting will fail. change your attitude and man on up!:d3:

topramn
09-26-2009, 11:42 PM
well boys, get to it. you have about 8 weeks to prepare cars for this. start ordering now and worry about the CC bills later. see you out there.

EG6-DC2
09-27-2009, 12:13 AM
:d3:

nolan, heres a serious tip. IF you car finishes, your almost garunteed a podium finsh. this isnt a 2minute time attack, this is hell on your car for 3hrs and more than likely someone or somehting will fail. change your attitude and man on up!:d3:

I realize that...I was being sarcastic....I have a habit of putting myself down in order for me to work to get better.

We were all talking about this tonight over some food and some beers. We will see what might come of this.

Importfan2
09-27-2009, 08:49 AM
So who's team am i brining breakfast for then..

fmx_dbc
09-27-2009, 09:32 AM
I talked with Jeff the other night and I think it would be a good idea to get EVERYONE that wants to participate in this (be it driving, crewing, cooking, etc.) together for a big group gathering to discuss/explain how this will go down. I pictured it much like the Sturla's Christmas party only with less intoxication and presents

BlueTeg
09-27-2009, 11:09 AM
In theory, thats a great idea Craig. Executing it (i.e. finding a time where everyone can make it) is another story.

Its not rocket science. If you have a race car and want to participate ask someone. If you don't have a car, but have a comp license, ask someone. The crew and and the other stuff can figured out as the event gets closer. The driving teams are the first thing that needs to be worked out so they can find out what needs to be done the cars and who is going to pay for what.

With a 2 day event coming up next weekend, its probably a good idea to get the cars out there for some warm up laps to see what, if anything, needs to be done between now and Thanksgiving and to give the teammates of the cars some seattime before the enduro.

fmx_dbc
09-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Honestly I dont think it would be THAT fuckin hard to get everyone together one night for a beer or two. So you may have to postpone that hot piece of ass for one night... big fuckin deal. Wouldnt it be nice to have everyone on the same wavelength? I'm not saying that we should share race/pit strategies or anything like that but I think there ought to be some sort of organization regarding this. I am not personally a fan of rushing plans together and if that is going to be the case then enjoy yourselves.... Let the racers/drivers work it out. I'm not trying to be an asshole here... If everyone wants to work it out on their own that's fine I'll shut up and show myself to the door. I think what's so beneficial about having a big get-together is that everyone bonds and we become a tighter/closer group. After all, isn't the bottom line that we are supposed to be having a good time with our friends? In my opinion the more this becomes individualized and less of a combined/group effort, the farther away we get from that "big picture" or bottom line.
My $0.02
End Rant

dantana
09-27-2009, 04:49 PM
just spoke with a potential new entry, hopefully he will be announcing himself shortly.
im down with craig, getting together for a beer meeting will be no issue at all!
lets see if we can get jeremy to race ready the s2000 and come play :):inlove:

jeff@loooseboyracing.com
09-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Im in boys-
Lets dance-

1-Jeff - Black beauty

2-Dan/Gabe- old glory

3-Tony/~?- the beast

4-Craig/Chez- big red

5-justin- the ralph special

6-tage/boles- the thing

*7-phil/nolan- tokyo auto salon

bueler? anyone else?

Jeremey would do it, but unfort. there is no de2 version of race group

fmx_dbc
09-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Tony/Kent most likely. We may have our work cut out for us boys...

dantana
09-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Im in boys-
Lets dance-

1-Jeff - Black beauty

2-Dan/Gabe- old glory

3-Tony/~?- the beast

4-Craig/Chez- big red

6-tage/boles- the thing

bueler? anyone else?

solid nomeclature on this one!:thumbup:

BlueTeg
09-28-2009, 11:32 AM

wha wha....? :clap:

In Phil's or Nolan's hooptie?

cbaracing
09-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Justin said you guys were good solid people! I probably saw you at last years Thanksgiving enduro from what he told me.

the one at PIR that Tony was racing in? I was there. You, your dad, and brother were there. :grin:

PhoenixB16
09-28-2009, 01:00 PM
pretty sure I will not get a response to this,but I can help out if needed. i still know my way around a Honda............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................

PhoenixR
09-28-2009, 01:06 PM
pretty sure I will not get a response to this,but I can help out if needed. i still know my way around a Honda............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................

i might take you up on this.

if we're wanting to do a meeting before this, we can do my house next weekend -- i'm racing in primm this coming weekend. open shop and beer on tap!

BlueTeg
09-28-2009, 01:09 PM

Sent you a text.

PhoenixB16
09-28-2009, 01:16 PM
i might take you up on this.

if we're wanting to do a meeting before this, we can do my house next weekend -- i'm racing in primm this coming weekend. open shop and beer on tap!

5205596951 Let me know,I have a pretty loose schedule.

fmx_dbc
09-28-2009, 01:24 PM
the one at PIR that Tony was racing in? I was there. You, your dad, and brother were there. :grin:

Yep yep. Looking forward to doing it again

fmx_dbc
09-28-2009, 05:35 PM
just spoke with a potential new entry, hopefully he will be announcing himself shortly.

"Buehler...? Buehler...? Buehler...?"
:doobie:

ILIKETODRIVE
09-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Im in boys-
Lets dance-

1-Jeff - Black beauty

2-Dan/Gabe- old glory

3-Tony/~?- the beast

4-Craig/Chez- big red

6-tage/boles- the thing

bueler? anyone else?

LOL @ Tokyo Auto Salon & DE2 Race Group.

What about me? I know my way around.....:crazy:

topramn
09-28-2009, 08:57 PM
LOL @ Tokyo Auto Salon & DE2 Race Group.

What about me? I know my way around.....:crazy:

stop fooling around and find a seat buddy.. there are still cars nobody has mentioned.. scott rutledge - its a boy.. there is also eric woods with his teg.. the tricky part will be reaching him.. good luck..

riceboy88
09-28-2009, 09:09 PM
DE2 Race Group.

DE2 race group.

down.haha

ill prbly be out taking pictures like always

Tage
09-29-2009, 07:55 AM
Alright boys, here's the deal...

#1 - I will have "Comp School" at the Nov event. On Saturday for sure so that folks who want to do this have a chance at running the enduro the following day. So Phil, Simon, Nolan, etc. quit slackin' and start planning to run this bitch!

#2 - As far as a meeting let's do it at the Sat night NASA BBQ when after most of excitment dies down a bit so we can actually talk. What better place to have a meeting about race logistics than at the RACE TRACK? Plus if we do it anywhere else it will cost money. Why spend your own money (on food and beer) when you can spend mine, right? LOL!

#3 - I highly doubt Boles will co-drive with me (in his own car) so I will need a co-driver. Brady has hit me up to co-drive with him but there's two obvious challenges with this one. First off is Jason needs to be okay with the co-driver and secondly I want there to be competition. Granted I think Tony has the quickest H2 car locally he would be the one to beat assuming he can keep his axles in the transmission and VTEC engaged and...

At any rate, I think we should all chat about this over a few cold ones and maybe figure out the teams then. Everyone that owns a car needs to be comfortable with their driver but I'd rather pair up guys so that it creates the most competition to promote close racing.

ILIKETODRIVE
09-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Sweet. Comp School FTW.

Jeff, you wanna solo or want a co-driver? ;)

I have Woods' number. I'll see if I can get ahold of him.

cbaracing
09-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Sent you a text.

did not receive :sad1:

5205596951 Let me know,I have a pretty loose schedule.

520? you in tucson now ;)

Yep yep. Looking forward to doing it again

ill be there
should be fun times

topramn
09-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Alright boys, here's the deal...

#1 - I will have "Comp School" at the Nov event. On Saturday for sure so that folks who want to do this have a chance at running the enduro the following day. So Phil, Simon, Nolan, etc. quit slackin' and start planning to run this bitch!

#2 - As far as a meeting let's do it at the Sat night NASA BBQ when after most of excitment dies down a bit so we can actually talk. What better place to have a meeting about race logistics than at the RACE TRACK? Plus if we do it anywhere else it will cost money. Why spend your own money (on food and beer) when you can spend mine, right? LOL!

#3 - I highly doubt Boles will co-drive with me (in his own car) so I will need a co-driver. Brady has hit me up to co-drive with him but there's two obvious challenges with this one. First off is Jason needs to be okay with the co-driver and secondly I want there to be competition. Granted I think Tony has the quickest H2 car locally he would be the one to beat assuming he can keep his axles in the transmission and VTEC engaged and...

At any rate, I think we should all chat about this over a few cold ones and maybe figure out the teams then. Everyone that owns a car needs to be comfortable with their driver but I'd rather pair up guys so that it creates the most competition to promote close racing.

This guy just made it easier for those in panic. Go Tage! :thumbsup:

Im going to go out on a limb and say maybe a triple split start? PT, HC, 944? The track is short but there doesnt need to be a half track between each group. The other option is to modify qualifying postitions so that PT is in order, then HC, and then give the split to 944 if they create the numbers which I am going to assume they will.

ILIKETODRIVE
09-29-2009, 09:56 AM
This guy just made it easier for those in panic. Go Tage! :thumbsup:

He sure did! :thumbup:

Im going to go out on a limb and say maybe a triple split start? PT, HC, 944? The track is short but there doesnt need to be a half track between each group. The other option is to modify qualifying postitions so that PT is in order, then HC, and then give the split to 944 if they create the numbers which I am going to assume they will.

Split Start for HC FTMFW.

fmx_dbc
09-29-2009, 09:59 AM

Tage, Tony will not be at this weekend's event and neither will I. That is the purpose for having it at his house on the following weekend.
Start a head count for Tony's?

ILIKETODRIVE
09-29-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm in. I'll bring an in-car video resume with me. :crazy:

BlueTeg
09-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Tage, Tony will not be at this weekend's event and neither will I. That is the purpose for having it at his house on the following weekend.
Start a head count for Tony's?

I won't be here next weekend, and I know of a few others that will be out of town as well....

dantana
09-29-2009, 11:57 AM
:hello:im going to be out of town as well. Im going to opt for drinking tonys beer
noodles, fill us in on how the meeting goes

fmx_dbc
09-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Sounds like there will be 2 meetings/gatherings. If you can make it to Tonys next weekend chime in.
+4 for Tony, Dan, Simon, and myself...

PhoenixR
09-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Sounds like there will be 2 meetings/gatherings. If you can make it to Tonys next weekend chime in.
+4 for Tony, Dan, Simon, and myself...

cool -- what day works best for everyone? i might have an offroad racing bbq to make an appearance at on saturday afternoon. so either sunday or friday/saturday evening.

PhoenixB16
09-29-2009, 05:33 PM
did not receive :sad1:

520? you in tucson now ;)

ill be there
should be fun times

No. Mesa. Wifes phone is a 520# TUSCON,ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never.

fmx_dbc
09-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Hey Brett, if Tony doesnt snag you up I'd like to have you on my crew. You've got the big time Setup experience so we can go far! ...and by that I mean long distances... like 3 hours....

Tage
09-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Since there isn't a "Honda Challenge Group Leader" *I* will assume those responsibilities and support the split start and actually throw in an added twist of doing an inverted start (i.e. the fastest qualifiers start in the back). Yes it's a long race but at least we can dice it up for the first few laps. I think an enduro would be incredibly boring if we gridded normal NASA style and we never saw each other and maybe lapped another H2 car maybe once an hour??? LOL! With an inverted start AND an enduro there's no reason to push to the limits to pass but at least we can enjoy RACING for a lot longer portion of the race. :)

topramn
09-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Since there isn't a "Honda Challenge Group Leader" *I* will assume those responsibilities and support the split start and actually throw in an added twist of doing an inverted start (i.e. the fastest qualifiers start in the back). Yes it's a long race but at least we can dice it up for the first few laps. I think an enduro would be incredibly boring if we gridded normal NASA style and we never saw each other and maybe lapped another H2 car maybe once an hour??? LOL! With an inverted start AND an enduro there's no reason to push to the limits to pass but at least we can enjoy RACING for a lot longer portion of the race. :)

Since you will be racing, I will gladly step in as acting group leader and tell you that the LCA's on Boles car are not legal for H2. Whether or not they will be protested is a whole different story. :devil1:

PhoenixB16
09-30-2009, 09:10 AM
Hey Brett, if Tony doesnt snag you up I'd like to have you on my crew. You've got the big time Setup experience so we can go far! ...and by that I mean long distances... like 3 hours....

I'm down. It's up to you guys to decide what I am doing and who I am crewing for. This honestly sounds like fun. All I ask is to be kept in the loop about this.Do not let me hear about a meeting regarding this the day after it has happened.... Believe it or not I am actually getting excited about a possible return to the track............And 3 hours is nothing ;) I intend on being on a winning team if you catch my drift..................................

cbaracing
09-30-2009, 09:37 AM
No. Mesa. Wifes phone is a 520# TUSCON,ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never.

ah gotcha

Since you will be racing, I will gladly step in as acting group leader and tell you that the LCA's on Boles car are not legal for H2. Whether or not they will be protested is a whole different story. :devil1:

got some bling bling skunk2s baby?

fmx_dbc
09-30-2009, 09:57 AM
I have aftermarket RLCA's as well :( and yes, mine are the bling bling skunk2's

PhoenixR
09-30-2009, 10:27 AM
I have aftermarket RLCA's as well :( and yes, mine are the bling bling skunk2's

your canards are illegal too. :drunk:

fmx_dbc
09-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Have you even looked at my car lately retard? Lol

Kinetic
09-30-2009, 11:45 AM
im down with craig, getting together for a beer meeting will be no issue at all!
lets see if we can get jeremy to race ready the s2000 and come play :):inlove:

I'll get right on that...let me turn my Daily into a race car.....hmmmm shouldnt cost more than a few thousand right?

Phil-

I need a loan from the BANK OF ROBLES please

or better yet....just buy me this

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24912

Im in boys-
Lets dance-

1-Jeff - Black beauty

2-Dan/Gabe- old glory

3-Tony/~?- the beast

4-Craig/Chez- big red

6-tage/boles- the thing

bueler? anyone else?

Actually there is a provisional DE2 Race license available at the discretion of the NASA regional director....

so bug Tage about it!

PhoenixR
09-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Have you even looked at my car lately retard? Lol

don't call me a retard, captain downforce! haha.

i have not looked at your car recently...haha. but still:
canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards

BlueTeg
09-30-2009, 03:18 PM

got some bling bling skunk2s baby?

Ha!! I will not be protesting anyone who uses Skunk2 LCAs for this...
>>>Click here for Skunk2 LCA impressive fail<<< (http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2645515)

fmx_dbc
09-30-2009, 05:05 PM
don't call me a retard, captain downforce! haha.

i have not looked at your car recently...haha. but still:
canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards canards
Good lord... they havent been on for MONTHS! Give it a rest lol

Ha!! I will not be protesting anyone who uses Skunk2 LCAs for this...
Skunk2 LCA impressive fail (http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2645515)
Mine still hold my trailing arms on...but I'm looking for some stockers with a sway bar hole so I can be H2 legal. That thread was disturbing I will admit. I'm using the same ones I pulled off the CRX and my bushings dont look terrible, but I do question how long they will last.

BlueTeg
09-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Mine still hold my trailing arms on...but I'm looking for some stockers with a sway bar hole so I can be H2 legal. That thread was disturbing I will admit.

>>>Click here<<< (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56016)
For you, ten dolla. love you long time. :whip::smile:

fmx_dbc
09-30-2009, 10:12 PM
sweetness dude! do those energy bushings fit the LCAs? if so, are they included in this steal?

BlueTeg
09-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Those energy bushings are for the UCAs.

PhoenixB16
10-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Something about Skunk2 parts scares me.My intake cam cracking in half has left a bad taste in my mouth since..............

fmx_dbc
10-02-2009, 12:07 AM
dont remind me about their cams brett....

PhoenixB16
10-02-2009, 08:37 AM
CTR cams sucka!.............you will be fine...... It was the early batches that flew apart.

fmx_dbc
10-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Yeah CTR FTW.
Missing this weekends event being stuck in paradise...Island of Lanai
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb32/fmx_dbc/d9966ec3.jpghttp://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb32/fmx_dbc/34e3965b.jpg
The little Japanese garden at the Four Seasons
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb32/fmx_dbc/89f22329.jpghttp://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb32/fmx_dbc/e59f5a96.jpghttp://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb32/fmx_dbc/f09e787e.jpg
You may recognize this guy Brett.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb32/fmx_dbc/1aad66da.jpg

PhoenixB16
10-02-2009, 11:38 AM
I spy Daddy Durkee!That island is gorgous,as I am sure you know. I was there a while back with the family and whatnot,doing some island jumping.

LoooseGSR
10-18-2009, 04:36 PM
so since no one has posted here in like 2 weeks I'll assume this was a bunch of nut swinging for nothing...lol since Tony is the only one I know actually planning on this. I know because we pulled the motor out for some 'freshening' on friday.

I'm out of racing, the Ralph special is sitting and hopefully someone will buy it, but as for me, I've got other things to focus on right now, so i'll just be out instructing and crewing for the forseeable future.

I'll be back to DE, but it won't be until I get 3 letters in my garage.... I T R ha ha...first some stuff on the house...then I will have one...yay!!

ILIKETODRIVE
10-18-2009, 08:24 PM
so since no one has posted here in like 2 weeks I'll assume this was a bunch of nut swinging for nothing...lol since Tony is the only one I know actually planning on this. I know because we pulled the motor out for some 'freshening' on friday.

I'm out of racing, the Ralph special is sitting and hopefully someone will buy it, but as for me, I've got other things to focus on right now, so i'll just be out instructing and crewing for the forseeable future.

I'll be back to DE, but it won't be until I get 3 letters in my garage.... I T R ha ha...first some stuff on the house...then I will have one...yay!!

I know a few people that will still being doing the Enduro. I am out, however. Going to save money for Nationals next year.

comptonasskerry
10-22-2009, 01:59 AM
me and phil r goin to tag team this bitch. its gay over for everyone.

LoooseGSR
10-22-2009, 08:01 AM
you're funny Kerry...can I see your comp school license please? I know Phil's got one:-)

fmx_dbc
10-22-2009, 08:14 AM
Why would Tony "refresh" the motor before a 3 hour race? :this-guy_2:

LoooseGSR
10-22-2009, 09:24 AM
You're joking right Craig? I mean is that seriously a legitmate question?

fmx_dbc
10-22-2009, 09:48 AM
I thought it was... I mean it was running fine. Now there's an added possibility of something failing because he went and fucked with it. Just my opinion. I would think it's more worth it (especially for Tony) to just save that for nationals. He doesn't need to have 10 HP on everyone to win the enduro...we know that.

PhoenixR
10-22-2009, 12:03 PM
I thought it was... I mean it was running fine. Now there's an added possibility of something failing because he went and fucked with it. Just my opinion. I would think it's more worth it (especially for Tony) to just save that for nationals. He doesn't need to have 10 HP on everyone to win the enduro...we know that.
Interested in selling/trading the seat from the Ralph-mobile? I need something that fits. I have no idea if it does though

craig --

i pulled the valve cover off to check valve lash and noticed that my timing belt had a cut in it. since we were swapping trans anyway, we just pulled the whole motor out. once the motor was sitting on the stand, i noticed that the valve seals were leaking.

this motor isn't getting "built" -- it's just getting a new timing belt and new valve seals. during a three hour enduro, i can't afford to be blowing oil out the exhaust. it's ALWAYS cheaper to replace something BEFORE it fails anyway.

and for the record, things that i've fucked with don't fail! haha

tony

topramn
10-22-2009, 04:06 PM
craig --

i pulled the valve cover off to check valve lash and noticed that my timing belt had a cut in it. since we were swapping trans anyway, we just pulled the whole motor out. once the motor was sitting on the stand, i noticed that the valve seals were leaking.

this motor isn't getting "built" -- it's just getting a new timing belt and new valve seals. during a three hour enduro, i can't afford to be blowing oil out the exhaust. it's ALWAYS cheaper to replace something BEFORE it fails anyway.

and for the record, things that i've fucked with don't fail! haha

tony

except when billy from Cobb is driving and doesnt know how to find gears on a skunk2 short shifter.

fmx_dbc
10-22-2009, 04:41 PM
i think you just jinxed yourself tony...

UMS Tuning Sales
10-22-2009, 05:11 PM
except when bobby from Cobb is driving and doesnt know how to find gears on a skunk2 short shifter.

true story.................

PhoenixB16
10-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Jesus,it's not like using a shortshifter is like learning to fly the Space Shuttle. ....... And is this guy an expierenced driver? lol

topramn
10-22-2009, 07:19 PM
true story.................

except i remembered his name is actually Billy, not Bobby. hahaha.

Jesus,it's not like using a shortshifter is like learning to fly the Space Shuttle. ....... And is this guy an expierenced driver? lol

well, they complained it was too stiff. and rather than adjusting the tension on it like you can, they just left it and missed a gear and pop went the motor. i think it was a ctr even.

fmx_dbc
10-22-2009, 07:25 PM
That is correct Ramin. I was at Tonys the night he pulled the head after that happened

PhoenixB16
10-23-2009, 08:19 AM
ROFL,are you talking about Boles old motor? Cuz whoever did that shit to it shoulda been slapped in the mouth.

topramn
10-23-2009, 04:27 PM
ROFL,are you talking about Boles old motor? Cuz whoever did that shit to it shoulda been slapped in the mouth.

Yes, Boles' old motor. The one that if I remember correctly, popped going into T9.

fmx_dbc
10-23-2009, 04:33 PM
it wasnt a pretty sight...

riceboy88
10-23-2009, 07:45 PM
forgot to post these up

<3 you tage

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/riceboy88honda/DSC_0129.jpg

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/riceboy88honda/DSC_0130.jpg

PhoenixR
11-03-2009, 03:14 PM
All of the hype seems to have died down so I figured it was time for status updates.

Who is still planning on racing?
Who isn't?
Who's ready?
Who needs what?

I am still planning on racing -- my dad expressed interest in codriving and I agreed to it. Due to unforseen circumstances, my motor is currently disassembled on the workbench but it should be back together within the week. Other than that, I have a few misc projects to finish up on the car and I'll be good to go.

Tony

PhoenixB16
11-03-2009, 04:19 PM
I will be there on my Goped.Need a crew......

fmx_dbc
11-03-2009, 07:12 PM
I still need tires :all_coholic:
I dont really wanna run on year 2 year old 205 RA-1s

ILIKETODRIVE
11-03-2009, 08:01 PM
I have some 7 year old 205 RA-1's you can use. :samuri:

SlowCivicHmm
11-07-2009, 01:15 AM
I need tires lol!!

GL guys!!