PDA

View Full Version : Help please!!!!

tokico
09-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Okay everybody I had a bad motor mount and now it snapped the bracket off of the block, and there is one bolt snapped into the head and the other two just ripped out and stripped all the threads out. I tried to extract the bolt but it didnt work and now it is doing like a boreing it out type of thing. I need help on how to get the rest of the bolt out anybody have some good ideas? thats the biggest problem so far... but I also need to know what to do with the other holes because if I rethread them, I will need a bigger bolt and that wont work. Please Help me out as much as possible. If I described this badly.. ask any questions you need to so i can get this done thanks.

Jermo537
09-27-2009, 10:56 PM
what did u use to extract the bolt? i found that easy outs work VERY well!

http://www.toolprice.com/category/screwextractors/

tokico
09-27-2009, 11:53 PM
yes that is what i tried I think i may have used either too big of an easy out because its pretty bored out now or I just didn't know how to use it well but they r pretty easy to understand so probably not the case.anything else u can think of? or do u think even with it bored out i can use a smaller easy out and it'll work?

1fastdc
10-10-2009, 10:42 PM
dam that sucks!! id try a smaller easyout.least its not your crank pully bolt like mine did....

b20sol
10-10-2009, 10:48 PM
well if its flush with the hole then just weld a nut to it through the middle of the nut and just twist it out i do it all the time