PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Throwout bearing for teg???

AZbabygirl
09-30-2009, 12:35 PM
*After replacing my clutch master cylinder it was still a no go on the teg..... So Now I need to replace the throw out bearing.... Anyone know any easy DIY???? Thanx!!*

usdm420
09-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Uhhhhhh its NOT an easy DIY. You need to remove the entire transmission.

jcamacho
09-30-2009, 12:46 PM
WTF? what exactly is the car doing? won't move in gear?

AZbabygirl
09-30-2009, 12:49 PM
*Yeah wont go into gear.... Kinda making a squeaking noise when clutch is out.
Dam......*

GOTTRQ?
09-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Squeeking noise is most likely the throwout bearing. Not going into gear seems more like a clutch adjustment issue, or your transmission is shit.

Normally when a transmission that is good won't go into gear, it's because the clutch isn't fully disengaging. Does the clutch start to grab when the pedal just barely comes up off the floor?

AZbabygirl
09-30-2009, 01:05 PM
*When car is off it will shit into gear but when its running it wont shift at all....
<<<<Im freakin out>>>> Would the car not shift into gear if it was the throwout bearing???*

Slow_HX
09-30-2009, 01:07 PM
does the clutch pedal feel normal?

AZbabygirl
09-30-2009, 01:21 PM
*No..... not really any pressure but still coming up from the floor.*

GOTTRQ?
09-30-2009, 01:23 PM
*When car is off it will shit into gear but when its running it wont shift at all....
<<<<Im freakin out>>>> Would the car not shift into gear if it was the throwout bearing???*

When the car is running, where does the clutch start to catch? Does it start grabbing right when you bring the pedal off the floor?

AZbabygirl
09-30-2009, 01:30 PM
*It dose not catch cuz its in N.... Once the car is running.... It wont shift into gear...*

GOTTRQ?
09-30-2009, 01:33 PM
*It dose not catch cuz its in N.... Once the car is running.... It wont shift into gear...*

Put the car in 1st while it's off, then start it with the clutch pedal down. Then start to let the pedal come up. Where does the clutch start to grab?

AZbabygirl
09-30-2009, 01:37 PM
*Oh ya I already tried that earlier and as soon as the car started there was this loud god awful noise almost like a grinding sound...probably not a good sign*

usdmEF_9
09-30-2009, 01:38 PM
before you buy a new throw out bearing you should drop the tranny and make sure it is installed correctly, it sounds like its either no good or it wasnt installed properly in the first place. were are you located?

GOTTRQ?
09-30-2009, 01:41 PM
*Oh ya I already tried that earlier and as soon as the car started there was this loud god awful noise almost like a grinding sound...probably not a good sign*

Clutch could have taken a shit. Is it a brand new clutch?

AZbabygirl
09-30-2009, 01:47 PM
*Im in chandler but I cant even remember the last time it was replaced.... deff over 2 years.....*

jakellama123
09-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Clutch could have taken a shit. Is it a brand new clutch?

if it was random maybe a spring on the clutch shot off

ewok
09-30-2009, 01:51 PM
sounds like what my car did! spring came out of the clutch!! had to replace :(

MOOCH_04
09-30-2009, 01:53 PM
you need help doing work i will be more than happy to help you...lmk

GOTTRQ?
09-30-2009, 01:57 PM
*Im in chandler but I cant even remember the last time it was replaced.... deff over 2 years.....*

You probably need a clutch. My ex's clutch almost had 3 of the springs come out.

that one guy
09-30-2009, 03:17 PM
if it was random maybe a spring on the clutch shot off

true, that's happened to me.

whatever the problem is, you're gonna have to drop the tranny. Then go from there.

usdm420
09-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Oh, you were the one having some issues a few weeks ago, no? I just saw you driving the Teg on Saturday? I think....at the Chandler fashion mall.

Anyways, normally a clutch will shows signs of going out....like slipping, etc. over time. A throwout bearing will most definitely lock you out of gear.

Mr.Burner
09-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Sounds like you just need a whole new clutch.....Exedy stg1 about $120 bucks! cant beat that....

Slow_HX
09-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Sounds like your having a clutch issue if you are losing pressure on the pedal, I'm having the same issue where the gear won't go in unless i keep pumping the clutch pedal, check the slave cylinder to make sure its not leaking. I also replaced the clutch master cylinder a week ago when this problem arose.

TypeREgg
09-30-2009, 07:54 PM
same shit happened to me turned out the flywheel bolt were comin out if u want help im in mesa

Jr0dS cUtZ
09-30-2009, 07:57 PM
check the pilot bearing... and since youll have your tran drop you might as well replace the entire clutch..

BigJsaid
09-30-2009, 07:57 PM
when your posts aren't in pink it's kinda like your not wearing make-up

DarkAngel
10-04-2009, 11:20 AM
LOL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I had a Spring come loose also. You press the clutch pedal and you feel it normal but will not shift for shit because the spring is getting in the way of the pressure plate/clutch. Throwout bearing cant compress the pressure plate because of it. Thats the feeling I had and yea I would sometimes get a clunking sound because the springs was turning in there so fast. It would sometimes go into gear. Another spring was just about to fall out too when I removed it. I have a picture of it after I installed the new clutch.

This is not a quick DIY fix though, removal and replace is whats needed. May as well install new seals as well on the tranny while its out. Dont want them to go bad after you install the tranny. GL.

b20sol
10-04-2009, 11:44 AM
did u bleed all the air out of the system after replacing it cuz hondas usually get a air bubble trapped in them thats a bitch to get out easy way to tell is have the car off put it in gear and try to start it if it creeps forwar u either have air in the system or the rod underneath the clutch pedal isnt adjusted correctly i wud try doing both of those before buying anything

AZbabygirl
10-05-2009, 06:09 AM
*Yeah just going to replace the whole dam thing.... Figure while everything is out.... Today is payday!!! =) Got a BIG list of ish to get... Found out im missing some bolts in a few places.... And the missing clutch plate is missing... The last person to work of her was a POS and did a half ass job on fixing shit, never did it right, AND he worked for Honda??? FAGAL!!!!!! NE ways thanx for the help.. Ill let ya know what happens ;) *

1fastdc
10-10-2009, 06:50 PM

haha u said shit lol:drunk:

AZbabygirl
10-13-2009, 03:04 PM
*HAHAHAHAHA..... Dude.... This fucking car is pissing me off!!!! Bolts are NOT coming off and still cant get the trans dropped out!!!! WTF!?!?!?! ANYONE wanna trade cars?????? lol..... hahahaa... <<<<< Still laughin bout the "shit".... I guess shit just happens sometimes.....*

b20sol
10-15-2009, 02:44 PM
did u ever get it out?