PDA

View Full Version : Distribuiter..

rkl
10-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Just wondering if you NEEDED a timing gun to put on a new distributer.

Bought an EG a few days ago, has a b16 swap with the old D-series dizzy on it still (I dont understand why anyone would do that, if youre going to swap it, dont half ass it and be lazy..)

anywho, do I need a timing gun to put it on, or can I just bolt it in?

Mr.Burner
10-14-2009, 02:47 AM
(I dont understand why anyone would do that, if youre going to swap it, dont half ass it and be lazy..)

Unfortunately 90% honda guys are broke and lazy....get used to it if your buying someone else's headache.

As for timing, ya you should put it at 16deg with a light, but it will run with it just installed. Timing it will make it run better.

To time it correctly, the book says, warm up till fans come on, make sure you have no vacuum leaks, and no check engine lights on, set your idle.....then take the SCS connector under the pass side of the glove box and jump the 2pin check engine light connector ( the check engine light should come on and stay on), then set your timing....

rkl
10-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Thanks Burner! That was the answer I was looking for!

Dead Bird
10-14-2009, 05:32 PM
I miss having my service connector clip. I had lost it for a long ass time, then found it again a few weeks ago. now i lost it again. :(

Maybe when i get another obd1 car in april or march ill fork out the 14 dollars for another one from honda...

Dead Bird
10-19-2009, 10:03 PM
his question was already answered perfectly.

INSEYEDOUT
10-30-2009, 02:42 AM
hellz naw

DarkAngel
10-30-2009, 06:36 AM
lol AT THE CHEAP SHOT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

his question was already answered perfectly.

Post count FTW!!!!!! Mods needs to start deleting these bogus accounts. Shoot I would put them on a list to see as soon as they hit 50 and see if they hit the FS Section LOL.

On another note.......

$14 dollars for a clip that just makes the circuit? Well I can sort of see the point for having it but I just use a paperclip I keep in my car.

Shaped like this:

l l
l L______
\_______]

Dead Bird
10-30-2009, 12:08 PM
lawlz
but it was the same color blue as the clip itself and i got to feel cool when i pulled it out!

but what really sucks is it used to be like 4 dollars or something then they changed the part number and price. :(

love the paperclip though. :thumbsup: