PDA

View Full Version : help with codes P1607 and P0420

ak_ek9
10-21-2009, 03:01 PM
ok i have realize that in the morning my 00 teg gs was running shity (maybe in limp mode) cuz it would shake/vibrate heavily if rev pass 3k and slow ass accel. but when its during the day temp warm outside my car runs normal. my cel was on and i no i have a P0420 code cat efficiency low bank 1cuz i check it before but now it has a P1607 which is ecm/pcm internal circuit failure. check it out with a scanner and the front o2 sensor will change voltage like how it is suppose to but my rear o2 changes voltage also, which indicating a bad cat. but s i dont get y it would throw the P1607 code. did research but didnt quite find a solution to it. has anyone ever experience this type of problem? oh by the way u just replace the rear o2 and the code came back on so thats y im saying cat but y the pcm code? y is it running like its in limp mode or maybe it is running in limp mode? HELP will be really nice...

ak_ek9
10-21-2009, 03:41 PM
also 5 gas my car and hc,co,and o2 was low and co2 is high and A/f ratio was around 14.9-15.1 so its good. o forgot to say running shity in cold mornings.