PDA

View Full Version : need help figure this out

mentally_honda89
10-25-2009, 02:24 PM
ok i have a ls dc4 n i was passin too much gas thru my head that it would pour out my headers i changed the ecu cuz it was fried but im wondering is my head still floooded with gas that i have to jus crank it over with the dizzy not connected or what else could it be please help me out..!! thx

1fastdc
10-25-2009, 02:45 PM
ok i have a ls dc4 n i was passin too much gas thru my head that it would pour out my headers i changed the ecu cuz it was fried but im wondering is my head still floooded with gas that i have to jus crank it over with the dizzy not connected or what else could it be please help me out..!! thx

sounds to me like there might be a problem with your head an not just the one on your car this thread makes no since.
if you try to start your car with the "dizzy not connected" there will be no spark hince your car will not start.what are you trying to accomplish WHAT EXACTALLY IS YOUR PROBLEM?

mentally_honda89
10-25-2009, 02:55 PM
its throwin gas out my headers like the floor is wet with gas n i was sayin wuld it be flooded with gas that by unpluggin my dizzy there wuld be no spark n my car wont start n wuld it throw all the gas in there out with it sprayin more n more ......... my problem is it starts but it baugs at 4000 rpms n it wont go any higher i bough the spark plus cuz there all fucked up i havent changed them but im still sittin here n thinkin could my spark plugs be gone that i cant rev over 4000 rpms or what else could it be n it has a hard time to start cuz its flooded with gas

1fastdc
10-25-2009, 03:03 PM
if you unpluged your dizzy there would be no spark correct but there still would be gas going threw the injectors.
what are your new plugs gaped to? is it a backfireing noise its making?

1fastdc
10-25-2009, 03:04 PM
or a missfireing noise?

mentally_honda89
10-25-2009, 03:09 PM
it soundz like it but it doesnt n idk i havent taken out the plugs n checked em but before i had found out my ecu was fried it was pourin out the headers n there would be mad gas on the floor n after i changed the ecu it jus like sprays it out like if there was gas left inside n its tryin to get rid of it .... it starts tho its takes a while i have to floor it so it wuld start n then when i let go of the gas it shuts off

1fastdc
10-25-2009, 03:18 PM
the gas could probably be your own doing your flooding your car when you press so much on the gas...
you have to gas it for it to even idel????it sounds to me like theres no spark in one or more of your cilinders which could be a number of things...

plugs
wires
dizzy

did this just pop up???? or how long haz it done this?

lowNslow
10-25-2009, 03:26 PM
I just read this whole thread and don't understand whats goin on. There's gas pouring out of your header? Once you start your car and get it running the gas in the cylinders should burn up. If you unhook you dizzy there wont be spark. Idk what your sayin man.

mentally_honda89
10-25-2009, 03:32 PM
i bought the car like this they had told me that the fuel pump was gone which it was n i changed it already

mentally_honda89
10-25-2009, 03:58 PM
man fuck it ima take off the head and ima take it to get fixed up cuz now im startin to pour gas out my exhaust again instead of like spray

lowNslow
10-25-2009, 07:18 PM
ummm ok, you do that

gunsup0331
10-26-2009, 10:00 PM
is your FPR connected via rubber hose to a nipple on your intake manifold?

Dead Bird
10-26-2009, 10:22 PM
the gas could probably be your own doing your flooding your car when you press so much on the gas...
you have to gas it for it to even idel????it sounds to me like theres no spark in one or more of your cilinders which could be a number of things...

plugs
wires
dizzy

did this just pop up???? or how long haz it done this?
I know i don't know everything( ok, maybe i dont know that, but im sure its true :), but will you please stop answering questions so fast?
If the guy with the problems had as hard of a time reading your replies, im sure he got no assistant from it. Or probably no helpful answers
However, to the OP, are you sure gas is going through your head into the header and onto the ground?
If you aren't running open header, it's highly unlikely that gas is only getting to the split in the header/cat and dripping between them. more than likely it will shoot all the way through if its actually making its way into, and back out of the combustion chamber, then through the header. If you are running open header, its still more than likely that gas is not making it to the header that way, especially if its already warm.

Put plugs back in and run the motor some. After its running for a while, shut if off, and pull the plugs. If they are black and covered in fuel that you can just wipe off, there actually is too much fuel getting in, and if you have spark, you aren't getting enough. Change your plugs wires. Also consider changing your distributer cap and rotor if you haven't yet

To me it seems like you actually have a gas leak. The guy above me actually asked a great question, look on your fuel rail if you know what that is, and on the right side of it(driver side), your fuel pressure regulator is on the end. It should have a small vacuum hose going from the top of it to your intake manifold, and a little larger hose going from the bottom of it to what will look like just a mysterious metal pipe on the lower part of your firewall. If that bottom hose isn't hooked up to either the return line, or the FPR(fuel pressure regulator, again, the thing on the right side of your fuel rail), fuel will be just "dumping" onto the ground directly below it. If that line is there on both places though and not leaking, check the rest of the fuel system including but not limited to your injectors, both where they make contact with the fuel rail and intake manifold, also check the line running from your fuel filter(also located hopefully on the firewall) to the fuel rail.

If no fuel seems to be leaking from there, and you want to have the engine turning over but no spark, which is actually opposite what you actually want, disconnect the ecu, and crank the motor until no more fuel comes out the header. lawlz.

Please let me know as soon as you've down this via this thread so we can continue working on the problem there aren't visible leaks.

mentally_honda89
10-29-2009, 03:58 PM
oh man thanks i went thru al that n stuff but my car kept leakin so the last thing i did was pull out my fuel rail n jus turn the key n let fuel cum thru n well one of the injectors were messed up it was throwing too much gas i switched it to anotha one n now my car is running good it redlines now n well my car is good but thx for all the help

90SiR
10-29-2009, 06:08 PM
hly krap waht teh heel is dis kid takling bout?

xracerx
10-29-2009, 06:29 PM
^ was thinking the same damn thing. I need a beer now. LOL:all_coholic:

lowNslow
10-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Dude sent me a pm to help with his problem an i "stiiil cnt undrstnd hm". Sorry guy.