PDA

View Full Version : And the audience says???

Pendulum
10-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Alright, I snapped this shot on our annual Sedona Run this past Sunday. Just kinda hung my head out the window n snapped this pic real quick, so composition isn't exactly how I'd like it, but I'm pretty happy with it. I'll be showing the completely unedited image, the retouched, and then the 3rd one has a little extra processing...

I can't decide if I like the effect or not, so please chime in. Also, I played around with a new (to me) sharpening method I just learned.

I mainly wanna hear about whether you like image 2 or 3 better, and why, but please if you have something else to contribute I love constructive criticism.
I don't know what Photobucket did to the size of the images, they're all supposed to be 1680 wide... Oh well.

ORIGINAL

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/pendizzle/evo_original.jpg

Removed the Civic in the background, dodged/burned, adjusted levels... Pretty basic retouching imo

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/pendizzle/evo_final.jpg

Added vignetting, darkened overall, upped contrast... Similar to a lomo effect.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/pendizzle/evo_L_final.jpg

Alright guys, let me know what ya think ( :

comptonasskerry
10-30-2009, 05:09 PM
i like #2

Jutt
10-30-2009, 06:20 PM
I also like number two.. see whatcha can do about the glare in the hood.. kinda takes a bit away i think.

e2blade
10-30-2009, 08:59 PM
good color, should have done a way long shutter speed

HondaFreak
10-31-2009, 12:13 AM
I agree. With a higher f/ stop you could have gotten a longer exposure and a cool blur effect in the background.

Big C
10-31-2009, 01:17 AM
I like #1 the most. I think 2 and 3 have too much contrast which makes the sky look unnatural. The added contrast on the car itself is ok but I would have played around with selective color to make certain colors "pop" in PS instead of just bumping the overall contrast.

It sucks taking rolling shots like this when the shadow is on the same side as you are.

jakellama123
10-31-2009, 01:24 AM
they look good
wsh u had a better one of my car lol

The President
10-31-2009, 05:31 AM
I like #1 the most. I think 2 and 3 have too much contrast which makes the sky look unnatural. The added contrast on the car itself is ok but I would have played around with selective color to make certain colors "pop" in PS instead of just bumping the overall contrast.

It sucks taking rolling shots like this when the shadow is on the same side as you are .

this was the biggest bitch about going to Sedona.

on a side note, i like all of the shots. I kind of see where Chris is going with it but that's a simple fix.

fmx_dbc
10-31-2009, 08:28 AM
I like #2 but can see what Big C means about the sky contrasting too much. The sharpness is definitely better

Pendulum
10-31-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks guys. I actually did use selective color on the sky, except I did exactly opposite of what you guys are suggesting lol. The funny thing is after walking away and coming back, I don't really like it either. I thought about removing the glare from the hood, but I kind of like it. I'm like 50/50 on it.

I wish I could have used a longer shutter speed, but the car I was in had the dumbest susp. setup... 11kg springs all around, and dampers set to full stiff. I told him it would bounce before he even installed it! I'm hopefully gonna get some rolling shots soon.

Thanks for the input. Updates Monday, when I can get back to my computer.

Pendulum
10-31-2009, 09:00 AM
they look good
wsh u had a better one of my car lol

I have of 1 your car that shows every person in your lookin at me like a bunch of deer in some headlights lol

The President
10-31-2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks guys. I actually did use selective color on the sky, except I did exactly opposite of what you guys are suggesting lol. The funny thing is after walking away and coming back, I don't really like it either. I thought about removing the glare from the hood, but I kind of like it. I'm like 50/50 on it.

I wish I could have used a longer shutter speed, but the car I was in had the dumbest susp. setup... 11kg springs all around, and dampers set to full stiff. I told him it would bounce before he even installed it! I'm hopefully gonna get some rolling shots soon.

Thanks for the input. Updates Monday, when I can get back to my computer.

this happens to me all the time.

ChrisIsYoung
10-31-2009, 05:43 PM
pic 2

rushbuster70
11-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Pic 1

JDM Jon
11-02-2009, 07:43 PM
wicked white evo? mmmm ;)
I like picture 2 the best.

hatchkid91