PDA

View Full Version : 2009 WSOP (World series of poker)

Jstarda9
11-05-2009, 05:00 PM
For those who watch this you all know that November 10th is the final table for the main event.

Who are you going for? Discuss?

Myself I want to see Phil Ivey win...If he does he will clearly mark himself as the best player ever...I mean 2 braclets and a the main event champion? That's amazing considering there are over 6,600 people entering the main event....

Next choice is Jeff Shulman since his dad won the 2009 WSOP Europe..it would be a great thing to have a father and son main event champions...

Next is James Akenhead....This guy is way underrated....I mean he made it to the WSOP Europe final table and the WSOP USA final table...

He beat out about 10,000 people

CHILL_MF_WILL
11-05-2009, 05:05 PM
IT would be nice for Phil Ivey to win but its not gonna happen. My pick is the new BIG TIME AMETUER THE MOON MAN!!!!

boostedrex
11-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Would love to see Ivey win but he has some ground to make up, Moon has been hitting every flop and its not hard to win when you are flopping trips like he has been.

Mafioso
11-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Moon is just a card rack.. man gets every card possible and hits anything and everything. Lucky man.

I want Ivey to win but at the same time I don't. That man's ego is already huge as it is but he doesn't care about the bracelet.. he's said many a times, he plays poker for the cash and thats it.

EVO MR
11-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Moon is just a card rack.. man gets every card possible and hits anything and everything. Lucky man.

I want Ivey to win but at the same time I don't. That man's ego is already huge as it is but he doesn't care about the bracelet.. he's said many a times, he plays poker for the cash and thats it.

Poker is luck when its your time its your time :shocked::shocked:

b18c1DA
11-05-2009, 07:31 PM
i think moon will take it but im rootin for ivey..

Mafioso
11-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Poker is luck when its your time its your time :shocked::shocked:

There is a lot more to poker than just luck. There is reading your opponent, playing your cards, and making good calls/lay downs. A LOT MORE THAN LUCK.

Now all in pre flop, thats just luck of the cards..

Dank_eegee
11-06-2009, 04:38 AM
There is a lot more to poker than just luck. There is reading your opponent, playing your cards, and making good calls/lay downs. A LOT MORE THAN LUCK.

yea but when your catching the nuts or just about the highest hand on the flop, there really isnt much more to do then just bet! moon has been getting hand after hand with flop after flop and river after river! his lucks not gonna last him through the final table and when it runs out we'll see if he can actually play! but yea i want ivey to win it!

Jstarda9
11-06-2009, 09:40 AM

I agree on his Ego and I heard he is a dick. I think it's just a front that he doesn't care about the bracelet... I think he wants that the most and the money second...He is already really really rich... Look how nervous he was playing when it was down to 18 players...I am 99% sure that deep down inside he wants the main event bracelet more than anything...

Another one to keep an eye on is Shulman...He said he would never wear the bracelet and never play in the WSOP and the Rio if he wins...

I think he is still pissed that his magazine (Card player) lost the exclusiveness* to the WSOP coverage .

EVO MR
11-06-2009, 10:12 AM

50/50 luck and skill :newwhip:

Jstarda9
11-06-2009, 10:40 AM
50/50 luck and skill :newwhip:

Then explain to me how it's luck when you can out play your opponent pre flop when no cards are on the board?

No cards on the board = no such thing as luck.

It's 95% skill and 5% how the cards are dealt.

Mafioso
11-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Fixed limit is mainly about the cards at lower stakes.. No Limit is all about playing the players.

EVO MR
11-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Ill stick to poker is luck 50/50

EVO MR
11-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Then explain to me how it's luck when you can out play your opponent pre flop when no cards are on the board?

No cards on the board = no such thing as luck.

It's 95% skill and 5% how the cards are dealt.

Like i said poker is all luck explain how that guy won the last like 10 hands to win it all cuda or cada i think is name is but after he was almost done and out he wins it all thats BS like i said poker is luck :beatdeadhorse2::beatdeadhorse2:

jaydizzle
11-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Ivey just has this killer mentality that you just cant distinguish from his facial features. but that kid Joe Cada ran freakin HOTT. luck? luck is for those that can't determine their risk/reward ratios.

Mafioso
11-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Like i said poker is all luck explain how that guy won the last like 10 hands to win it all cuda or cada i think is name is but after he was almost done and out he wins it all that BS like i said poker is luck :beatdeadhorse2::beatdeadhorse2:

LIKE I SAID..

ALL IN PRE FLOP IS ALL ABOUT LUCK.

Other than that its skill with some luck.

brandon
11-13-2009, 07:29 PM
poker isnt a sport

Mafioso
11-15-2009, 12:31 PM
poker isnt a sport

neither is your mom but still.. she gets it done

brandon
11-15-2009, 03:40 PM
neither is your mom but still.. she gets it done

some retard on here will probably find that funny:facepalm:

Mafioso
11-15-2009, 03:52 PM
you must be crackin up then.. with a 49ers logo on your myspace page..

brandon
11-15-2009, 04:01 PM
oh good 1 jr

v-tec dude
11-15-2009, 05:27 PM
poker is luck

CHILL_MF_WILL
11-15-2009, 09:56 PM
Its a combination of skill and luck