PDA

View Full Version : white smoke from exhaust need help

*sick_EJ1*
11-21-2009, 11:14 PM
ok so my ej is smoking white smoke. sometimes its alot and sometimes its a little. they told me its antifreez and that i might have a blown head gasket so i changed it and its sill smoking. and the thing is that if it was antifreez wouldnt my car over heat??? cuz its not. need help tp find out what the problem is. i check eveything and i cant find anything please help

Nachooooosupreme
11-21-2009, 11:17 PM
do a compression check on your motor. its easy and will tell you if you have a bad head gasket...but i would also flush coolant and check oil for signs of coolant and vice versa.

lowNslow
11-22-2009, 12:32 AM
White smoke is water/coolant. Do what big Al said an do a compression test. When u changed the head gasket did u make sure the head wasn't warped an changed all the fluid?

Abcfotze
11-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Dick you deck the block?

*sick_EJ1*
11-22-2009, 10:46 AM
No i didnt check to see if it was warped. I have another head tho so should i try that one maybe as well?

FranktheTank
11-22-2009, 11:15 AM
well you failed when you changed the head gasket, gooood job.
your head is most likely warped or your block is. now figure it out

ChrisIsYoung
11-22-2009, 11:24 AM
well you failed when you changed the head gasket, gooood job.
your head is most likely warped or your block is. now figure it out

yeah your a dick...

Maybe yes he should have checked the head/block before puttin it back together but maybe it was a quick fix cuz of need of the car. he asked for help not to be put down.

lowNslow
11-22-2009, 11:56 AM
^hahahahaha^

just take the head to napa an they'll deck it for like 30$

FranktheTank
11-22-2009, 12:14 PM
yeah your a dick...

Maybe yes he should have checked the head/block before puttin it back together but maybe it was a quick fix cuz of need of the car. he asked for help not to be put down.

Well if the head gasket is blown most people get a new head or have the head and/or the block decked. Sorry common sense didnt come into this guys head.

Quick fixes get you no where, if you own a Honda or any other vehicle you should know that.

xracerx
11-22-2009, 01:08 PM
^^ I have notice that tooo

5thgeneration
11-22-2009, 02:12 PM
White smoke is water/coolant. Do what big Al said an do a compression test. When u changed the head gasket did u make sure the head wasn't warped an changed all the fluid?

i was under the impression that blue tinted smoke is coolent or water, white smoke is oil....sounds like typical piston rings to me.

DarkAngel
11-22-2009, 02:34 PM
i was under the impression that blue tinted smoke is coolent or water, white smoke is oil....sounds like typical piston rings to me.

White = Water/coolant
Blue = Oil
Black = Over Fuel Consumption

Trust me I had an older Caddy with a blow headgasket cuz it overheated and I was like 007 going back home with the smoke switch stuck on broken. Well at least felt like it LOL.

5thgeneration
11-22-2009, 02:59 PM
White = Water/coolant
Blue = Oil
Black = Over Fuel Consumption

Trust me I had an older Caddy with a blow headgasket cuz it overheated and I was like 007 going back home with the smoke switch stuck on broken. Well at least felt like it LOL.

DOH shit :facepalm: im way to hungover to even be posting. i have no idea why i even said that when i know its wrong...wow lol

badasstegy
11-22-2009, 09:31 PM
No need to be dicks he just needs help fixing his shit but the bottom end has brand new pistons/rings and all bearings... I'll help u pull the head and check if its warped and the block as well I'll hit u up tomorrow and we'll get it fixed if not I got a couple swaps

gunsup0331
11-23-2009, 01:03 PM
consuming coolant or no? Does the smoke smell sweet or like oil.

VietTEC
11-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Is the smoking occur right when you start off, or at high rpms or just any rpm? If you're burning oil, I would check the PCV valve and change the valve stem seals. If that doesn't work then it's most likely the rings. I doubt it's the head gasket unless your smoking 24/7 at any rpm. Hope that helps.

lowNslow
11-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Before this goes on to multiple pages, the op knows whats wrong. No need to keep adding opinions to raise your post count.

*sick_EJ1*
11-24-2009, 03:17 PM
The head has brand new valve seals and it smokes right when i start it up and when i step on the gas the higher the rpm the more it smokes the lower the rpm the les it smokes and i really dnt no what it smells like either

urnvs
11-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Usually (not always) if its coolant the car will NOT smoke when its cold...

badasstegy
11-27-2009, 08:46 PM
It smokes all the time and don't overheat and there's oil dripping out the header (open header)