PDA

View Full Version : Denji Projectors w/ HID's?

I Hate Import Cars
11-25-2009, 12:25 PM
So right now I have stock EG glass headlight housings with HID's that have a built in halogen bulb for high beams, and the HID ballast box is setup for controlling high AND low beams. Everything works great. But I just bought a set of Denji Projectors for the car, and would like to keep my HID's. The low beam bulb in the Denji is separate from the high beam, unlike the stock EG lights and my HID's. It's also a tiny bulb (I think H3, whatever is used in the stock EG fogs I think).

My question is first, can I get that tiny bulb in an HID bulb (4300K)? If so, where, and do they show up on the street worth a shit? And lastly, has anyone done this who can show me and possibly help me wire it all up?

BigCountry
11-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Yes you can buy the H3 in HID form.... just gotta look around. I know I've seen them on ebay just gotta find them. As for wiring them up it's fairly easy. Although you would have 2 sets of ballasts, which one would think would be a wiring nightmare isn't at all. All you'll have to do is take the positive Hi beam wire and run it into the factory headlight harness (that your low beam kit plugs into). I know this is like a Cliff notes version, but I can explain in more detail if needed.

civiceg
11-25-2009, 04:29 PM
retrofit that sumbitch! i haz Denji's too and i heard they are the easiest to retrofit, almost plug/in/play.

I Hate Import Cars
11-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Yes you can buy the H3 in HID form.... just gotta look around. I know I've seen them on ebay just gotta find them. As for wiring them up it's fairly easy. Although you would have 2 sets of ballasts, which one would think would be a wiring nightmare isn't at all. All you'll have to do is take the positive Hi beam wire and run it into the factory headlight harness (that your low beam kit plugs into). I know this is like a Cliff notes version, but I can explain in more detail if needed.

well i'd like to hear more, because i only have 2 ballasts, 1 for left and 1 for right. both low and high run through them, but high is a halogen because high beams+hid's=no bueno...

BigCountry
11-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Well the H3's would need their own separate ballasts since the high beam bulb is separate from the lows. Which means the halogens would also come on as well as the separate H3 bulb if everything was wired correctly.

I Hate Import Cars
11-25-2009, 05:21 PM
So you're saying when the high beams come on, the low beams would ALSO be on?

BigCountry
11-25-2009, 05:27 PM
No... you said that your current HID setup has a halogen High..... if you do these projectors, you'll have to purchase another HID kit to be used in conjunction with your current kit. With the new kit wired for high only, the original kits halogen bulb will still come on. Make sense? But if you do decide to do this, make sure the H3 kit you get is a 55 watt kit and not 35 or it will defeat the purpose.

I Hate Import Cars
11-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Let me clarify. I don't WANT hid's on high beam... I want regular halogen's for high and hid's for low...

BigCountry
11-25-2009, 05:56 PM
So right now I have stock EG glass headlight housings with HID's that have a built in halogen bulb for high beams, and the HID ballast box is setup for controlling high AND low beams. Everything works great. But I just bought a set of Denji Projectors for the car, and would like to keep my HID's. The low beam bulb in the Denji is separate from the high beam, unlike the stock EG lights and my HID's. It's also a tiny bulb (I think H3, whatever is used in the stock EG fogs I think).

My question is first, can I get that tiny bulb in an HID bulb (4300K)? If so, where, and do they show up on the street worth a shit? And lastly, has anyone done this who can show me and possibly help me wire it all up?

Then why did you ask this?? Just put them is and don't worry about the H3 then....

I Hate Import Cars
11-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Are you suggesting to not have low beams? I guess I'm just not understanding you...

The H3's are in the low beam spot. This is what I want to put my HID's in. The high beam spot takes a 9005 bulb, which I want to keep as a halogen.

lowNslow
11-25-2009, 06:48 PM
I think i know what u mean. My cousins teg had hid lows and regular highs. His uses seprate plugs, i have no clue you'd go about doing this. Good luck man

DarkAngel
11-26-2009, 01:03 AM
Ok I am even getting frustrated with this. Please clarify. Your ride currently has the H4 Setup right? The Denji Projectors have a seperate High and Low Beam correct? You will need to buy the H3 version of the HID bulb and also wire up the 9005 to your high beam. If this is the case, you will have to custom make a harness or cut your OEM connectors and splice them on the correct way. The only thing that I would be conserned about is if your ride cuts off your lowbeams when you hit your highs. Constant striking of the HID Blubs will reduce its life including the ballast.

I am not a fan of hid's in NON HID Projectors/Reflectors though. Blind the crap out of people. One thing I would suggest is investing in some actual HID Projectors and retro them in the headlights. Will get the best results by far as they provide more width and length in the beam.

Anyways, GL.

BigCountry
11-26-2009, 01:45 AM
Are you suggesting to not have low beams? I guess I'm just not understanding you...

The H3's are in the low beam spot. This is what I want to put my HID's in. The high beam spot takes a 9005 bulb, which I want to keep as a halogen.

No... I'm sorry I was mistaken. I didn't know what bulb was in which location. Dark angel has said what I was trying to say the whole time. Except now he's pointed out the correct bulb location.

DarkAngel
11-26-2009, 03:35 AM
Also if your ballasts control your Highbeams and keeps the Low Beam HID Bulb on then I would figure a way to extend the power wire for your HighBeam Bulb to go into the 9005 bulb so it doesn't cut off your HID Bulbs. I dont have to worry about this in my Teg as they are both seperate circuits and the Low's stay on when my Highs come on.

I have JDM Lights retroed with RX330 Projectors on 300ZX Clear Lens's. Going to switch over to Clear Lens FX35 Bi-Xenon's or modify my RX's more with a curved shield mod. Cant decide yet. Want to add my High Beam Projectors like I had before on my USDM Headlights.

GL on your setup.

I Hate Import Cars
11-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the replies. The ballast does control the highs because currently the high and low beam light are together. When the highs come on, the HID's (low's) turn off. I'd much prefer to keep the low's on when I hit the highs, if anyone knows how to make this happen...

BigCountry
11-27-2009, 05:20 PM
The ballast isn't controlling the high beam...It's actually the factory harness giving it power. I've had the same kind of bulbs. Once you hit the high beams the ballast obviously shuts off.... But I'm thinking that you'll have to splice the factory harness so that the High and Low are both getting power while the cars lights are "on high"....

I Hate Import Cars
11-30-2009, 07:10 PM
The ballast isn't controlling the high beam...It's actually the factory harness giving it power. I've had the same kind of bulbs. Once you hit the high beams the ballast obviously shuts off.... But I'm thinking that you'll have to splice the factory harness so that the High and Low are both getting power while the cars lights are "on high"....

Right you are. Now, the whole point to this thread was... HOW DO I DO THIS?! LOLLERS! Also, anyone know any place local to get the bulbs? For a decent price?

BigCountry
11-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Wire splice your factory harness... the 2 red wires with stripes on them...you get the little blue splicers and connect them.... it's not as difficult as you see it being. And bulbs? Try BBN or those guys if you're in the Phoenix area.

I Hate Import Cars
11-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Wire slice you r factory harness... the 2 red wires with stripes on them... it's not as difficult as you see it being. And bulbs? Try BBN or those guys if you're in the Phoenix area.

Electrical things like this are RARELY as difficult as I see them being... :)

BBN?

BigCountry
11-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Built By Notorious

I Hate Import Cars
11-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Built Buy Notorious

Got it. Thanks.