PDA

View Full Version : Canon Rebel t1i

hellshock2182
12-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Ok guys i'm thinking about picking up canon's rebel t1i, Goods and Bads about it. Discuss. heres a little about it.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=18385

e2blade
12-03-2009, 09:52 AM
oh god here we go AGAIN lol

civiceg
12-03-2009, 09:59 AM
oh god here we go AGAIN lol

why cause its not a NIKON? :rofl:

e2blade
12-03-2009, 10:30 AM
why dont you drive your happy ass to a camera shop...tell the people to shut their mouth, and play around with all the cameras to find one you like. simple as that

riceboy88
12-03-2009, 11:28 AM
nikon d40 is the best camera ever hands down :upyours:

honduh_head
12-03-2009, 11:58 AM
do what charles said. its all about PERSONAL preference.

JDM Jon
12-03-2009, 12:14 PM
nikon d40 is the best camera ever hands down :upyours:

x2 hahaha
:rolleyes:

The President
12-03-2009, 02:04 PM
my boss has the T1i. It's pretty neat. Takes video too which is pretty cool. It feels super cheap in your hands but it does everything a base model type DSLR should do. IMO, you should spend the little bit of extra $ and get the Nikon D90.

HondaFreak
12-03-2009, 03:59 PM
I have a t1i and I love it to be honest. I have felt many cameras and I have to say the Canon cameras feel so comfortable in your hand. Sony has some of the most uncomfortable. But like they said above, its all personal preference. Just read some reviews and comparisons. I also like the HD video capability on the t1i and the HDMI port it has. The t1i was my first camera and I got used to it in a matter of hours. Like I said before though, just read comparisons on line, there are plenty.

Big C
12-03-2009, 05:35 PM
So many good camera's out right now you can't go wrong with entry level Canon, Nikon or Sony. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

If you're just starting out, get a cheaper body and use more of your $ towards GLASS. Learn the basics with a cheaper body and as you progress then consider upgrading bodies later down the road.

hellshock2182
12-04-2009, 05:32 AM
why dont you drive your happy ass to a camera shop...tell the people to shut their mouth, and play around with all the cameras to find one you like. simple as that

Cause my happy ass doesn't have a camera shop in town that has those cameras to look at. It's drive down to tempe camera, or ask for some reviews on here first.

So many good camera's out right now you can't go wrong with entry level Canon, Nikon or Sony. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

If you're just starting out, get a cheaper body and use more of your $ towards GLASS. Learn the basics with a cheaper body and as you progress then consider upgrading bodies later down the road.

I've been shooting on a canon D10 for the last three years. Just to get a feel for the D-slr style cameras. So this would be my step up to a "nicer" body..

Hate to say it I can reuse all my old glass on the newer body, so it's one of the reasons I'm not making the switch to nikon.

Remember I'm not in this to make a business out of this, Simply for recreation right now.

Pendulum
12-07-2009, 08:20 PM
My only complaints about the T1i are:

1) Feels cheap

2) I personally haven't quite figured out the intricacies of Canons menus.

I can use my D40 (Or any other Nikon) far more efficiently than any Canon. If you're already use to the Canons, and you already have compatible lenses I'd say it's time to play with it. I think Best Buy carries it, so maybe you could find somewhere closer than Tempe Camera.

Good luck!

hellshock2182
12-08-2009, 09:18 PM
My only complaints about the T1i are:

1) Feels cheap

2) I personally haven't quite figured out the intricacies of Canons menus.

I can use my D40 (Or any other Nikon) far more efficiently than any Canon. If you're already use to the Canons, and you already have compatible lenses I'd say it's time to play with it. I think Best Buy carries it, so maybe you could find somewhere closer than Tempe Camera.

Good luck!

fuck! didn't even think about best buy. I've heard it feels cheap in the hands, but if that's only cause it's light then I'm all for it. I've been lugging around a dinosaur for the last three years.

e2blade
12-08-2009, 11:22 PM
no dont go there, you live to far away -__-

HondaFreak
12-09-2009, 06:21 PM
I think the reason it feels cheap is because it's light. But I'm telling you man, put it in your hands and you'll know what I'm talking about when I say its comfortable. But then again, I notice little things like that.

The President
12-09-2009, 07:05 PM
I think the reason it feels cheap is because it's light. But I'm telling you man, put it in your hands and you'll know what I'm talking about when I say its comfortable. But then again, I notice little things like that.

the plastic body feels super brittle to me. It is a VERY light camera though. It's great for those that still enjoy the lightness of carrying a point and shoot that are new to the DSLR market. IMO, the T1i is properly designed for the target market that Canon was intending on selling to.

Pendulum
12-09-2009, 09:23 PM

Yeah, I agree...

It's just TOO light for me! I love the weight of my D40, the T1i is much lighter though and that's why it feels cheap to me.

hellshock2182
12-10-2009, 07:01 AM

the plastic body feels super brittle to me. It is a VERY light camera though. It's great for those that still enjoy the lightness of carrying a point and shoot that are new to the DSLR market. IMO, the T1i is properly designed for the target market that Canon was intending on selling to.

Yeah, I agree...

It's just TOO light for me! I love the weight of my D40, the T1i is much lighter though and that's why it feels cheap to me.

Thanks for the input guys, I had a feeling that the lightness of it was what was making people think it felt cheap. It's going to be a change for me for sure. I think the old d10 I'm shooting with now is like a lead weight in comparison. I can't hate on my old body too much, it is what let me learn a few of the basics.

die in a dick fire noob
12-10-2009, 09:09 PM
you shooting a d10 or a 10d? ;)

and yes that motherfucker is heavy, just like my 20d.

94EXCIVIC
12-10-2009, 09:34 PM
T1i is a sick camera its an entry level slr but is got a good 15 mega pixel sensor, iso capabilities are not the best but theyre pretty good for a consumer slr. also the video on it does auto irising on it unlike the d90, which is what I use. Get that rebel and some L glass and you can get some sharp images bro.

hellshock2182
12-11-2009, 07:39 AM
you shooting a d10 or a 10d? ;)

and yes that motherfucker is heavy, just like my 20d.

whoops 10 D my bad

die in a dick fire noob
12-11-2009, 11:33 AM
hehe

i'd get it bro, any camera really in the entry level is gonna be good, but i always hark back to the no af in the body downfall of nikons now.