PDA

View Full Version : ProAuto & TT - Brain Storm for 2010

SlowCivicHmm
12-03-2009, 12:40 PM
So we have a weak ass TT program right now.....

There are "rules & regulations" set by the old TT Director but since there is lil to no participation we hardly follow them....

So from you track whores that run w/ProAuto.....what would you like to see from the TT program so I could pass this to higher ups...

I'm hoping for TT to be a series for the year......3 Classes or Groups......

BRAIN STORM IDEAS!! Thx...

Agent Smith
12-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Some sort of basic power to weight classing would be best in my opinion. similar to how Arroyo Seco runs.

keep it simple that way & you don't have to worry about every little part adding up like SCCA/NASA classing. With Pro Auto's more relaxed attitude I think this would be best.

SlowCivicHmm
12-03-2009, 01:09 PM
yup....

but key thing is no dyno or scales YET!!

if TT picks up I know I can pick up a series sponsor that has access to dyno and scales....

Honor System only works so long.......and SIMPLE IS KEY!!

SlowCivicHmm
12-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Tt-0, tt-1, tt-2, tt-3, & sb???

Agent Smith
12-03-2009, 01:40 PM
yup....

but key thing is no dyno or scales YET!!

if TT picks up I know I can pick up a series sponsor that has access to dyno and scales....

Honor System only works so long.......and SIMPLE IS KEY!!
lol. true about the honor system, but we can regulate, it's obvious if someone is too much faster in the straits...

I'm pretty sure there is at least one group of people that run proauto that have scales, post up on racersweb.com

as for a dyno, there's like ten in the east valley around firebird, I'm sure we could work something out with any of them...

Tt-0, tt-1, tt-2, tt-3, & sb???
SB=shit box? lol.

I don't think we'll have enough participants to begin with to do 5 classes,everyone would win or come in 2nd in their class lol. 3 classes to begin with would be more than enough, keep it simple.

Slow cars TT-0, Quick cars TT-1, Fast cars TT-2

SlowCivicHmm
12-03-2009, 02:20 PM
well Dan from Maverick has scales.....need man power to run them....and regulate and document info/sign off on it...TT Director and Co Director will probably be assigned to this...

We'd need to have it available @ every event.......

I know BBN is down to have a dyno day......

Just need to set rules and isssh and get word out and start a comp......

SlowCivicHmm
12-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Draft of Classing for ProAuto TT

Class #1 High HP to Weight Class – The Race Class. This class in intended at a first-order for vehicles with a horsepower (HP) to weight ratio of 0.10 or higher. Further re-classing of cars may be used for cars that are near this boundary but have competition advantages. This will place all high HP Vettes and Porshes and evolved track and race cars into a class together where they can compete for top honors and best times of the day – but not hurt the competition and results for lower HP or disadvantaged weight cars.

Class #2 Medium HP to Weight Class – The Competition Class. This class in intended at a first-order for vehicles with a horsepower (HP) to weight ratio less than 0.10 but greater than 0.07. Further re-classing of cars may be used for cars that are near this boundary but have competition advantages. This will allow the current production cars and some race cars that have moderate power to weight to compete head to head and emphasize car set-up and driver skill without being overwhelmed by the higher horsepower to weight cars. BMW 3 series and some Ms, Camero, Mustangs, 350Zs, S2000, Lotus Elise, STi and Evo will all be competing for top honors in this class.

Class #3 Low HP to Weight Class – The Drivers Class. A This class in intended at a first-order for vehicles with a horsepower (HP) to weight ratio less than 0.07. Further re-classing of cars may be used for cars that are near this boundary but have competition advantages. This will allow the lightweight low horsepower cars to really shine and compete in their own class where it is all about caring speed and being smooth yet aggressive. Let the Miata versus Honda duel begin.

Re-classing Example#1 - a 0.8 AWD Evo that that is race prepared with adjustable suspension and race tires on much larger rims, might be given a penalty that places it in Class #1.

Re-classing Example #2 – a 0.65 turbo charged Miata with a tube chassis and huge rear wing might be given a penalty that places it in Class #2.

Re-classing will be handled on a case-by-case basis rather than as a strict general rule that is applied to all cars. Consideration of the HP to weight ratio, additional competition advantages and class lap times will all contribute to this decision along with other considerations that are intended to keep competition at its highest possible level for all.

This is the current not enforced rules...

PhoenixR
12-03-2009, 02:55 PM
i have scales too.

SlowCivicHmm
12-03-2009, 04:21 PM
I'll keep ya in mind Tony...

Agent Smith
12-03-2009, 04:35 PM
This is the current not enforced rules...
Draft of Classing for ProAuto TT

Class #1 High HP to Weight Class – The Race Class. This class in intended at a first-order for vehicles with a horsepower (HP) to weight ratio of 0.10 or higher. Further re-classing of cars may be used for cars that are near this boundary but have competition advantages. This will place all high HP Vettes and Porshes and evolved track and race cars into a class together where they can compete for top honors and best times of the day – but not hurt the competition and results for lower HP or disadvantaged weight cars.

Class #2 Medium HP to Weight Class – The Competition Class. This class in intended at a first-order for vehicles with a horsepower (HP) to weight ratio less than 0.10 but greater than 0.07. Further re-classing of cars may be used for cars that are near this boundary but have competition advantages. This will allow the current production cars and some race cars that have moderate power to weight to compete head to head and emphasize car set-up and driver skill without being overwhelmed by the higher horsepower to weight cars. BMW 3 series and some Ms, Camero, Mustangs, 350Zs, S2000, Lotus Elise, STi and Evo will all be competing for top honors in this class.

Class #3 Low HP to Weight Class – The Drivers Class. A This class in intended at a first-order for vehicles with a horsepower (HP) to weight ratio less than 0.07. Further re-classing of cars may be used for cars that are near this boundary but have competition advantages. This will allow the lightweight low horsepower cars to really shine and compete in their own class where it is all about caring speed and being smooth yet aggressive. Let the Miata versus Honda duel begin.

Re-classing Example#1 - a 0.8 AWD Evo that that is race prepared with adjustable suspension and race tires on much larger rims, might be given a penalty that places it in Class #1.

Re-classing Example #2 – a 0.65 turbo charged Miata with a tube chassis and huge rear wing might be given a penalty that places it in Class #2.

Re-classing will be handled on a case-by-case basis rather than as a strict general rule that is applied to all cars. Consideration of the HP to weight ratio, additional competition advantages and class lap times will all contribute to this decision along with other considerations that are intended to keep competition at its highest possible level for all.

those are actually really good guidelines in my opinion

for instance your car 100whp 2100lbs would be .047 placing you in class3,
whitey's old set up 200whp 2500lb would be .08 placing it in class 2
& the new set up (fingers crossed) 300whp 2400lbs would be .125 placing me in class 1

tire compound/modifications of competitors should be discussed pre-race so classing is fair. Having scales at the track is a must in my opinion, almost anyone with half a brain can run them. HP is more of a honor system, but can be contested by any member forcing a dyno review (obviously to be scheduled at a later time) that hopefully would be of reasonable cost to the owner $25-$50 for 3 pulls & average the 3 for a final official number.

SlowCivicHmm
12-03-2009, 10:08 PM
^^ yup