PDA

View Full Version : door lock?

Oilpan
12-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Ok so my friends passenger side door is stuck locked and closed. Im truing to think of some how to get the door at least open so i can get the door card off. does anyone have any ideas, its a coupe so theres no luck going from the back.

GOTPRQ?
12-04-2009, 08:44 PM
gotta pull that door panel off first mang. then look at the latch and actuator assembly. You may be able to get around the latch with a pick or hook. and try and move the latch to open it. sometimes the clips break at the handle and you cant open the door or the latch just fails.

BigCountry
12-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Ok so my friends passenger side door is stuck locked and closed. Im truing to think of some how to get the door at least open so i can get the door card off. does anyone have any ideas, its a coupe so theres no luck going from the back.

gotta pull that door panel off first mang. then look at the latch and actuator assembly. You may be able to get around the latch with a pick or hook. and try and move the latch to open it. sometimes the clips break at the handle and you cant open the door or the latch just fails.

There's a slight problem with your statement Mr. PRQ.... :roll:

Honestly, the easiest thing to do is try to unlock it a homemade "slim jim" and see if you can't get it to unlock to get the door open.

Oilpan
12-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Thats what i was thinking i was going to have to do. Is there any air bar in the door near the latch?

BigCountry
12-06-2009, 01:59 AM
I wouldn't think so....

infamous91
12-06-2009, 02:02 AM
i had same problem..... got tired of playin and cut the door out peice by piece.. but thats just me.