PDA

View Full Version : z6 swap questions..

Otacon
12-06-2009, 03:32 AM
For anyone thats already done the z6 swap for the regular d15b7 in most civics im noticing.. Does anyone have a guide for this engine to tear it down and just make sure its all kosher replacing only whats needed and then a guide for the swap???

this would be great help.... And if anyone knows anyone with a stock p28 not chipped or tuned so i can do it to make sure its good. someone let me know...

azintegra
12-06-2009, 03:37 AM
dont but a z6 back in.. thats my advice

Otacon
12-06-2009, 04:23 PM
why is that everyone and i mean everyone i talked to was like thats one of the best without going into the b series.. this isnt going to be my racer just a slow everyday...

lowNslow
12-06-2009, 10:17 PM
What do u need help with? Its a strait forward swap. U can wire vtec yourself or just use a vtec harness. You'll need a p28 ecu but besides that, your good

BigCountry
12-07-2009, 01:30 AM
He's wanting a how to on tearing the motor apart to "check" everything..... It's quite simple actually. Go to your tool box, get the appropriate wrench's and sockets and start unbolting..... :bigok:

Otacon
12-07-2009, 03:29 AM
i was figuring that i just dont wanna fuck it up
i need this car lol
and the swap is just bolt in and plug in right for the most part. I just hope i dont lose nothing....

and like i said if someone knows anyone with one that being a p28 ecu i want it...

PS. I have the full harness so im good on that just wondered if anyone knew of anything graphs shit like that to go by so i dont fuck up...

ossman14
12-10-2009, 03:49 PM
pretty sure you will still have to wire the vtec. because the engine harness is wired for it but not the interior subharness that goes to the ecu (unless its for a certain year hatch i believe)