PDA

View Full Version : 93 Sol Auto/Manual Conversion

DelSolToad
12-07-2009, 09:03 PM
So has anybody ever done a conversion on a 'Sol? Difficulty? What would I need to have the conversion done? I'm eventually going to run a ls/vtec, so I'd like to convert to manual now, maybe a GSR tranny if possible?

I am new to Hondas so help me out!

Would I be able to get the conversion done for $600?

Anybody here that could help out, I'd be willing to pay $$ for the help!

Let me know what I should know about doing this swap.

MannyaK
12-07-2009, 11:51 PM
your gonna need an ls ecu for the ls tranny which your also gonna need
then your gonna need the whole clutch assembly
i would kinda recommend doing a rpm installation if you dont already have one
and your also gonna need a lot of patience
never done it but ive seen it
p.s. you could probably get this all done under 450

lowNslow
12-08-2009, 07:32 AM

LOL WUT?

Google is an amazing website. Look what i found in literally.....17 seconds

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1337459

DelSolToad
12-08-2009, 08:43 AM
I saw that thread before, but will the write up work for a 93 Del Sol? I know it mentions that 92-00 civics are basically the same parts, but I need to know for sure, that way I'm not buying parts twice.

Also, I'd love to know if anybody here would be willing to help out with the install. Definitely can't do something like this at my appartments!

rotneg
12-08-2009, 09:18 AM
the swap is not that hard and parts should be the same but just to be safe just use del sol parts, what i did was go to the junk yard and get everything off a 5 speed to put on my automatic, also when i did mine they didnt have the auto to manual conversion mount from hasport so i forced that shit and my mounts got super fucked, parts needed are shift linkage, all hydralic lines, pedal assembly, tranny, flywheel, clutch, and slave. shift linkage may not bolt up what i had to do is drill the holes, and the most difficult part was the pedal assembly it does just bolt right up though

imm0rtal
12-08-2009, 09:38 AM
then your gonna need the whole clutch assembly
i would kinda recommend doing a rpm installation if you dont already have one
and your also gonna need a lot of patience
never done it but ive seen it
p.s. you could probably get this all done under 450Yeah, that's not really right at all lol

I did this on my car, and parts and labor for a shop to put it in came in around $1,100 but my shit looks and functions like it came from the factory that way.I did mine when I had a d-series, so that's why my tranny cost me 100 bucks so allow for more to be spent on your GSR tranny. Here's what I had to buy to make it function 100% like factory:

Del sol manual gauge cluster (can just get a manual bezel if you want)
eg/dc pedal set (clutch, brake and gas pedal)
eg/dc clutch hardlines
eg/dc clutch master cylinder and reservoir
eg/dc clutch slave cylinder
manual tranny (yours is a GSR from what it sounds like)
manual ECU (for you, get a manual ECU for the motor, not the car)
throttle cable (they're different between auto and manual)
clutch kit (I went with an exedy myself, came with pressure plate)
flywheel
flywheel bolts
shift linkage (if you have a d-series now, I have that linkage for del sol almost brand new ;) )
shifter
shift knob
hasport conversion mount (like $100 tops brand new in box)

you should be able to reuse your axles, but I think I got everything. Good luck man, just take your time to make it work like factory and you won't have a problem, but if you cut corners and go cheap prepare for headaches later :(

lowNslow
12-08-2009, 09:50 AM
^^^^^U sir deserve a large cookie

DelSolToad
12-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Yeah, that's not really right at all lol

I did this on my car, and parts and labor for a shop to put it in came in around $1,100 but my shit looks and functions like it came from the factory that way.I did mine when I had a d-series, so that's why my tranny cost me 100 bucks so allow for more to be spent on your GSR tranny. Here's what I had to buy to make it function 100% like factory:

Del sol manual gauge cluster (can just get a manual bezel if you want)
eg/dc pedal set (clutch, brake and gas pedal)
eg/dc clutch hardlines
eg/dc clutch master cylinder and reservoir
eg/dc clutch slave cylinder
manual tranny (yours is a GSR from what it sounds like)
manual ECU (for you, get a manual ECU for the motor, not the car)
throttle cable (they're different between auto and manual)
clutch kit (I went with an exedy myself, came with pressure plate)
flywheel
flywheel bolts
shift linkage (if you have a d-series now, I have that linkage for del sol almost brand new ;) )
shifter
shift knob
hasport conversion mount (like $100 tops brand new in box)

you should be able to reuse your axles, but I think I got everything. Good luck man, just take your time to make it work like factory and you won't have a problem, but if you cut corners and go cheap prepare for headaches later :(

What shop did the swap for you? Did you supply them with the parts? How long did it take?

imm0rtal
12-08-2009, 12:20 PM
I had Collective do the swap because there are no other shops in Tucson as far as I am concerned. I collected the parts over time, and then brought them in and Scott got the swap done and let me know what parts I still needed so I could get them for him. I'd say it took maybe a week or two, but I honestly can't remember since it was back in March. I had a torn ACL at the time so I didn't really pay attention lol. I can't comment on the pricing because I don't really remember what I was missing and all, but they did a great job and my car runs fantastic which is why I suggested having a shop do it. I mean, it runs just like it came that way from the factory, you really can't argue with that kind of quality :thumbsup:

Can't really suggest what shop to go to up there though. I hardly ever go to phx lol

WaNa EK
12-19-2009, 12:14 PM
I just did a conversion on my 94 Integra ..,. was way easier than made out to be. hardest part was probly dropping the steering column and installing the clutch pedaL. If u still need help i have a garage and will help if u got sum cash . if u have all parts should only take a day or less if both are doing it text me whenever 623-243-0021 Mark:bananalama:

LadyLockness
12-20-2009, 10:51 PM
hey dude if you end up deciding to swap ur out and i havent sold my car by then we could switch transmissions im rreally looking to get auto ..

danyboy
12-25-2009, 05:46 PM
its really easy man just do some research and do it yourself !!!!!!!