PDA

View Full Version : Looking to go FI - 2007 Civic Si - Parts recommendation

dhahlen
12-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Have a buddy with a 2007 Civic SI, he's looking to toss on a turbo charger.

He threw me some ebay links, but I knew better. Being that I'm an rx-7 guy, I don't know too much about honda's and what to use.

He's looking for 6-7 psi, it's a daily driver. He's looking for a 50-75hp increase, and doesn't want to spend a ton. Goal is to spend $2000 max, installed.

I can help him install it, that's not the issue. If I can source a used turbo kit with some quality parts in that price range, I'm sure he'll go for it.

i wanted to see if anyone here had recommendations on kits, where to find them, , or whatever the case may be.

Thanks for the help!

UMS Tuning Sales
12-08-2009, 03:57 PM
$2000 for a turbo kit leaves a lot to be desired considering the Hondata Flash Pro for that car is like $650..... then you still need a turbo, manifold, intercooler, piping etc............... not to mention it will need to be tuned

If he is lucky he can find a used Greddy turbo kit...but I doubt he is going to get it for $1500.............

Forced induction isn't cheap unless you are doing all the work yourself...including fabication and tuning.......

Have your friend call us...we can help him understand the requirements

dhahlen
12-09-2009, 07:58 AM
$2000 for a turbo kit leaves a lot to be desired considering the Hondata Flash Pro for that car is like $650..... then you still need a turbo, manifold, intercooler, piping etc............... not to mention it will need to be tuned

If he is lucky he can find a used Greddy turbo kit...but I doubt he is going to get it for $1500.............

Forced induction isn't cheap unless you are doing all the work yourself...including fabication and tuning.......

Have your friend call us...we can help him understand the requirements

Is that you Jeremy? Yeah, I'll have him give you a call.

He's being chinsy, I told him to fork over $3500 and be happy.

Finn
04-03-2010, 02:06 PM
fullrace in ophoenix

Bruticus
08-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Full Race kit for sure tuned by Joe Sawyer.