PDA

View Full Version : Are Ebay All Aluminum Radiators Any Good?

MUG
12-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I need a new radiator for my Integra,has anyone had any experience with Ebay aluminum radiators? I am looking at a half size one that comes with a fan for $74 shipped. Should I wait and spend money on a good one like Mishimoto or will one of these work fine.

Civicious
12-09-2009, 05:43 PM
honestly. u get what u pay for.

ive seen some koyos and others floating online for cheaper. keep lookin

MUG
12-09-2009, 05:53 PM
OBX Racing radiators any good?

die in a dick fire noob
12-09-2009, 06:00 PM
99 percent of the radiators are going to be the same, BWR OBX MISHIMOTO etc... exceptions are koyo and fluidyne... last two have been proven but i have never seen a problem with the first 3 either.

imm0rtal
12-09-2009, 06:04 PM
I have a BWR and it performs nicely. You might want to look into one as they are everywhere here in AZ and are pretty cheap too :thumbsup:

**EJ1**
12-11-2009, 10:08 PM
I bought mine off eBay. Works fine.

MUG
12-11-2009, 10:34 PM
I ordered a OBX all aluminum full size radiator for my Teggy. I guess it should get me by till I get a good one for it.

FranktheTank
12-11-2009, 11:28 PM
my brother has a full aluminum radiator in his ek and it is pretty nice.
no problems at all and cools good

*inFamous*
12-12-2009, 02:27 AM
Any full Aluminum radiator will be better in terms of cooling than the OEM crap. Plastic tanks ftl

However the PWR / Fluidyne / Koyo have been proven to have a higher efficiency so if track days are in the works, you may consider it an investment for extreme conditions!

I've had two cars now with two PWR's and they have both kicked ass and never let me down ever!

hellshock2182
12-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Any full Aluminum radiator will be better in terms of cooling than the OEM crap. Plastic tanks ftl

However the PWR / Fluidyne / Koyo have been proven to have a higher efficiency so if track days are in the works, you may consider it an investment for extreme conditions!

I've had two cars now with two PWR's and they have both kicked ass and never let me down ever!

BTW Phoenix in the summer time is equal to extreme conditions. Got a BWR and I love it works perfectly.

MUG
12-12-2009, 08:42 PM

I've had two cars now with two PWR's and they have both kicked ass and never let me down ever! I'm going to pick up a Koyo a few months down the road,I just got this to get it up and running. The damn plastic stock ones cost as much as the full aluminum one I got,I see some people run OBX LSDs so I figured maybe their radiators wont be that bad.

*inFamous*
12-12-2009, 08:47 PM
The OBX lsd has had a fairly decent loss rate from initial batches but i think they got it up to snuff.

i'd still get a koyo or PWR any day of the week though. i loved thefactory fan spots on my PWR

bigballsmagerki
12-13-2009, 12:06 PM
blackworks ftw! in town too!

suavecito_64
12-13-2009, 09:17 PM
blackworks ftw! in town too!

Built By Notorious has em on sale cheap this month, imma getz meez onez

Bottlefedb20
12-13-2009, 10:33 PM
If your not racing, I wouldnt spend the moola on a high end.....I got an ebay one, and Im very happy with it! Ive ran it for bout 3 years with no problems...Ive had other friend that have gotton them and had no problems. If your sketchy, and broke like me, get a blackworks! inexpensive, but warrantied and backed.

JDMxPHOENIX
12-14-2009, 02:26 AM
If your not racing, I wouldnt spend the moola on a high end.....I got an ebay one, and Im very happy with it! Ive ran it for bout 3 years with no problems...Ive had other friend that have gotton them and had no problems. If your sketchy, and broke like me, get a blackworks! inexpensive, but warrantied and backed.

You Sir Are My Idol!! BlackWorks Is The Shit!!! You Should Check Out There Turbo Kits!!

eg-Rat
12-24-2009, 12:38 PM
yeah i got a aluminum dual core on ebay for $75, it fit great and works great. ive only been using for like 3 mo though.