PDA

View Full Version : in dash wont light up

Minty
12-10-2009, 01:48 PM
hey everyone, so i got a double din indash dvd about a week ago (power akoustic) ...if that matters. it works fine during the day but whenever i get in my car at night it will still play the cd or whatever is in, but the screen wont light up, but the touchscreen controls still work just cant see them. even if i drive for like 45 min it wont go on.
im assuming its something to do with the wires or screen is too cold, so any thought of how to fix this? like i said even if i drive for a while and it gets to be hot in my car it still wont go on. thanks for any input :party2:

BigCountry
12-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Check the wiring and make sure that the illumination wire for the cd player is or isn't hooked up... If it is connected undo it and see if that works...

Pendulum
12-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Does the backlight come on during the day, or is it just bright enough for you to see? Sounds like the backlight is out. Indashes don't usually use the illumination wire for controlling LCD brightness as far as I know. The illumination trigger is for the actual buttons if I recall correctly.

BigCountry
12-10-2009, 10:18 PM
True... I didn't think of that till I re-read what he said originally. But if the Lcd functions during the day then???? lol

Minty
12-11-2009, 09:34 PM
well during the day it comes on and all of the controls are there and the song names and everything is there, at night nothing shows up, its just the black screen. the buttons on the bottom however (volume + volume -, mute, and eject) all are lit up and work, but on the screen nothing appears. but like i said the controls on the touch screen still work, such as (next track, previous track, FF,Rewind,) shit like that. just nothing is appearing, just a blank black screen.

BigCountry
12-12-2009, 02:19 AM
Is that when you turn the headlights on? Does the indash lights come on when the light switch is off?

Minty
12-12-2009, 10:58 PM
nope, not during night. during day it works with them on and off.

Minty
12-15-2009, 04:42 AM
still in the dark, anyone else know a potential problem?

Pendulum
12-15-2009, 10:40 AM
What vehicle is this in?

Personally, I would take it out and bench test it. If it works on the bench in the dark, it's a wiring issue... Do you have daytime running lamps or any weird aut-headlights? What about an HID retrofit?

year/make/model of vehicle please.