PDA

View Full Version : Del SOL help

ED6BOY
12-15-2009, 04:08 PM
hey me an d a frend of mine are fixing a del sol. we got it for great price but need some work. the car runs good and starts right up... was turboed a wile ago we got it with the tapped oil pan and down pipe. but something its going on its leaking oil from the back under the intake many well not leaking more like spraying hard. we changed the oil pan already so no holes on it, but cant find from were it leaking. any help will be apreciated

imm0rtal
12-15-2009, 04:18 PM
is it possible someone cross-threaded the oil filter on there? Or perhaps one of the hoses between there and the oil pump has a puncture? Think about it this way, oil is pressurized coming out of there, so it is something relating to oil pressure, so you can narrow your problem down slowly from there. Can you get under the car and try to find where it is coming from? I would say wipe all the oil away, start it up and turn it off, then get back under and see where the source of the oil is.

Civicious
12-15-2009, 04:51 PM
x2

even one time i had an old oil seal stuck on there and put new one on and noticed it was leaking

cHASE'ks
12-15-2009, 09:00 PM
dubble o ring oil fliter

mobscene
12-16-2009, 07:36 PM
dubble o ring oil fliter

+1 :goodpost:

92BlackEgMTX
12-16-2009, 08:33 PM
is it possible someone cross-threaded the oil filter on there? Or perhaps one of the hoses between there and the oil pump has a puncture? Think about it this way, oil is pressurized coming out of there, so it is something relating to oil pressure, so you can narrow your problem down slowly from there. Can you get under the car and try to find where it is coming from? I would say wipe all the oil away, start it up and turn it off, then get back under and see where the source of the oil is.

zing!