PDA

View Full Version : no compression!?

crxgonemad.a6
12-21-2009, 01:51 AM
ok so i just rebuilt my z6 all new rings, rods and everything and i poured a lil bit of oil into the crank side when the block was upside down stupid idea now im creating no compression cuz of all the oil any know wat i should do to help dry it up or get some compression please help...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

VtecCr-x
12-21-2009, 02:19 AM
lmfao your dumb
that should have no effect

BigCountry
12-21-2009, 03:31 AM
So oil seeped passed your rings? Is that what you're trying to say?

Fix.it.again.Tony
12-21-2009, 05:33 AM
facepalm

Nachooooosupreme
12-21-2009, 09:52 AM
have you done a compression check? more details please!!!

DarkAngel
12-21-2009, 10:06 AM
How do you know you are not creating any compression? It could be many things and by the looks of it you have a lot to learn about an engine. Make sure your valves are not open when you, and if you do, a compression test.

FranktheTank
12-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Maybe you didnt clock your rings correctly and they didnt seat.
Oil should help build up the compression.

crxgonemad.a6
12-21-2009, 03:30 PM
ya i did a compression test but the rings that got sent to me were standard size soo im like wat the fuck but i was told it should be ok but ya so today im going to fire it up cuz lastnight i tried to fire it up but had some issues but if i see no compression rise i will tear down again and install new rings will let u know later , but its a z6 block with zc internors so i know ill be making compression 12.1 so ill let u guys know later but if i gotta rebuild it anyone willing to help?

Dead Bird
12-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Did you remember to put your head on?
Without a head, you will have no compresssion.....

Sound=vibration
12-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Did you remember to put your head on?
Without a head, you will have no compresssion.....
LOL!! That would be funny

crxgonemad.a6
12-21-2009, 04:37 PM
ya my head is on, im not THAT stupid

Dead Bird
12-21-2009, 06:05 PM
if you have 0 compression in all 4 cylinders its not gonna be caused from the oil.
like stated above the oil will help compression sorta.

if you can't figure it out by eye, do a leakdown test before you tear it apart.
even if the rings are all lined up, it'll show a little compression.

See if your valves are stuck open.
Make sure your timing is on or at least close.
make sure your head is torqued to the appropriate amounts with a good headgasket in between.
idk man zero compression is weird if you can't find the problem easily

crxgonemad.a6
12-21-2009, 06:13 PM
ok well timing is on right so what i might do is pull the valve cover an check my valves and if the stupid standard size rings arent gonna help ill tear it all back apart have the head sent out to be done an put oversized rings in , but i have standard sized rings in it so would that matter or wat?

Dead Bird
12-21-2009, 06:24 PM
put the same size rings as you have pistons

crxgonemad.a6
12-21-2009, 06:39 PM
ya i did they are standard size for the z6 but i have zc internals but i think it may be my valves so how would i go about checkin them an makin sure they'll closed all the way

DOHCTORJ
12-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Do you have a stock or oversized bore?
Pistons ,rings, should be sized to your bore!

crxgonemad.a6
12-21-2009, 09:15 PM
i have stock bore, im not bored out or anything. so there for i have sock bore rings but i may just have it bored out .5 over so i can do new rings if i cant get it to run

Sound=vibration
12-21-2009, 10:44 PM
i have stock bore, im not bored out or anything. so there for i have sock bore rings but i may just have it bored out .5 over so i can do new rings if i cant get it to run
did you check the cylinder taper at all when you rebuilt

crxgonemad.a6
12-22-2009, 02:31 PM
ok it was my valves my friend tighten them to much because i had i tick but i got it going thanks guys ..12.1 compression !!!! ill have pics of my car on here later if i can figure out how

slowsedan
12-22-2009, 09:37 PM
is this will?

crxgonemad.a6
12-22-2009, 10:08 PM
yes it is lol

slowsedan
12-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Did you say that you were gunna pay me on Friday for the head?

Sound=vibration
12-23-2009, 10:44 PM
How much did the build cost you. I an going to do a little single cam build hopefullyy in march april

I plan on doing a y8 or z6 block
zc pistons
z6 rods shot peened
z6 crank
and hopefully a cammed z6 head if it clears lol
ls injectors
gsr throttle body
and a y8 manifold
with a si tranny

crxgonemad.a6
12-23-2009, 11:45 PM
well at first i thought u said u were goinng to give me the head?

crxgonemad.a6
12-23-2009, 11:53 PM
to sound=vibration , u know u can also have ls rods but u have to have them machined and the complete rebuild gaskets,bearings an all only cost 110+ 20 shipping of ebay but ya if u do it u should hit me up cuz im done for making another bad ass single but i heard if u put a zc cam in a z6 head or a y8 it is like a stage one cam ,my car being built wit zc internals walks all over b16s without my head being built it helps alot an a y8 block is a lil better cuz the z6s oiling system kinda sucks but they both work but ur set up ull smash in a lil single cam cuz all i have is zc internals and stock everything except eexhaust an intake but im going to be running a chipped an tuned ecu soon so ya I LOVE MY SINGLE CAM lol but ya dude if u wanna make a bad ass single cam that setup is the way to go plus i have a hone an a ring compressor that im probably never going to use again an that shit aint cheap!

slowsedan
12-24-2009, 10:06 AM
well at first i thought u said u were goinng to give me the head?
O yeah sorry mang. That's what the other guy said about my other head. He's Will also

Sound=vibration
12-25-2009, 02:47 PM
to sound=vibration , u know u can also have ls rods but u have to have them machined and the complete rebuild gaskets,bearings an all only cost 110+ 20 shipping of ebay but ya if u do it u should hit me up cuz im done for making another bad ass single but i heard if u put a zc cam in a z6 head or a y8 it is like a stage one cam ,my car being built wit zc internals walks all over b16s without my head being built it helps alot an a y8 block is a lil better cuz the z6s oiling system kinda sucks but they both work but ur set up ull smash in a lil single cam cuz all i have is zc internals and stock everything except eexhaust an intake but im going to be running a chipped an tuned ecu soon so ya I LOVE MY SINGLE CAM lol but ya dude if u wanna make a bad ass single cam that setup is the way to go plus i have a hone an a ring compressor that im probably never going to use again an that shit aint cheap!
Ya i have done a rebuild on a v8.. So hopefully this will come out great. As for gaskets i will probably go with an oem set and yes if i have the money to do ls rods i will deffinatly look into that. I have also heard you can use a b16 intake cam on a single cam. is this true. I will deffinaly be hitting you up

crxgonemad.a6
12-25-2009, 03:03 PM
ya the oem gasket set from j.i.s motorsports is 150 with shipping an stuff an im not to sure if u can use a b16 intake cam cuz the cam doesnt have enough lobes cuz a single cam has 16 lobes a b16 intake cam only has 8