PDA

View Full Version : 01 gsr cel

671_teg
12-24-2009, 07:00 AM
Hey so I was driving around yesterday and the integra was running fine, no problems whatsoever, and parked to go into a store. When I came out and turned on my car a CEL came on. I went over to autozone to get the code pulled and found that its either an electrical issue or a bad CKP sensor.

Also another weird thing is that when the CEL came on my oil pressure guage dropped and is now running constantly between 20-40psi (40 under load), no oil leaks or anything though. The oil problem actually happened before it just dropped out of nowhere and I did an oil change and it went back up...i just don't see why its fluctuating like that...maybe its a bad gauge?

Anyways can anyone give me any suggestions on how to fix this? I called up import powerhouse and they said that the CKP sensor may need to be cleaned, i just wanna know if anyone else has had any similar problem to this or can give me any suggestions.

Thanks in advanced

671_teg
12-27-2009, 11:20 PM
No idea on the CKP issue?

Also, the car seems to be burning oil too. I checked my oil level today and i was about a quart low, and I just did an oil change probably 500 miles ago. I dont see any oil leaks, and when I hit vtec I notice that the car blows out white smoke, which im guessing means its burning oil? Whats usually the cause of this?

BigCountry
12-28-2009, 04:12 AM
White smoke indicates burning coolant... Oil would have a blueish tint to it.

As for the CKP, you know where it is? Just take it out and clean it...

As for your gauge, do you have an aftermarket Oil Pressure gauge? If so make sure that all the connections are secure.

bbonds
12-28-2009, 08:51 AM
What was the code?