PDA

View Full Version : H2b problem!

Dirtbikeraz125
12-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Ok so the other night i was driving and going to shift into 5th gear going no faster than 50 it wouldnt go in at all. So i slowed down all the way to 30 and then was able to put it in third and make it home safe. Once i got home i tried to pull it in the garage and it wouldnt go into 1st at all. My first thought was the clutch but its a brand new swap/kit/clutch/pressure plate/flywheel with maybe 1200 miles on it or less!!! So i decided to take it to a mechanic and i was able to start it in first gear and drive it there shifting gears it was just hard to put in gear but no grinding what so ever. I replaced the clutch master cylinder and the slave cylinder and the mechanic says "its still not engaging" but he hasnt let me see for myself. If it was going in gear fine when i drove it there it was just super hard to put in but no grinding what do you think it could have been? Any help would be really appreciated since it is my daily and i dont want to be driving my gas guzzler all the time. Thanks --SAL--

JDMxPHOENIX
12-29-2009, 12:27 PM
tranny fluid? low? bleed the clutch?

Dirtbikeraz125
12-29-2009, 12:39 PM
i havent checked the tranny fluid but i mean the mechanic was bleeding the clutch when i went but im about to go pick it up in a little bit and actually look at it myself since he doesnt know shit about that kit and thinks that everything on it is wrong.

bb4arson
12-29-2009, 01:15 PM
yah it doesnt sound like an h2b problem...maybe ur flywheel is loose ...happen to me once and gear didnt want to go in..

JDMxPHOENIX
12-29-2009, 03:40 PM
or a bolt that came loose!! you should take it apart and look!!!

Mr.Burner
12-29-2009, 04:03 PM
if you replace the master cyl and slave cyl, you should bleed it manually, it takes two people to do it and a brain. Its hard to explain what im sayin...

I'd honestly pull the trans and inspect EVERYTHING cause EVERYTHING is custom parts now. I've done an H2b in a EG and never had an issue with it.

If you have a clutch problem it will have issues going into EVERY gear, not just some.....

rotneg
12-29-2009, 05:25 PM
if you replaced a master you should have bench bled it, without bench bleeding you can spend hours bleeding it at the slave, what you should do is have someone push the clutch and see if your slave is moving it moves right around 1-1.5 inches, flywheel is also a problem i impacted my bolts on and they still came out but you would have heard it flopping around its sounds similar to a rod knock so i doubt that. and you definitely should check your trans fluid it can cause shifting problems. good luck and let us know

TypeREgg
12-29-2009, 05:28 PM
i say flywheel is loose had same problem car wouldnt go into gear but when off went into gear fine drop trans and inspect asap

Dirtbikeraz125
12-29-2009, 08:46 PM
ok thanks for all the info guys and i will be sure to do that but yeah the gears dont grind and i dont hear any knocking noises. Like i said the gears went in it was just hard and thats it but that was before he replaced the master and slave so i havent tried it since and im picking up the car tomorrow morning.

EFinyouup
12-31-2009, 12:47 PM
gl luck i think it might be the flywheel too happened to a buddy of mine took it off put it back on and worked like a charm