PDA

View Full Version : stupidest ticket ever!!!!!!

1fastdc
12-30-2009, 12:26 PM
So i got pulled over again and the cop told me it was because my center (hatch) taillight was out. I have a 00 teg and i cant get the hatch taillight to work i checked the bulbs, fuses, but i dont have a test light at the moment and i no for a fact its not getting current. I just dont know where its cutting out... Any help?:icon_eek:

nosfedb18
12-30-2009, 12:30 PM
ARS 28-925 requires "at least one tail lamp mounted on the rear". I would assume if it was the middle, there is a working left and right tail lamp. If the lamp is considered a "stop lamp", than it must be "MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION" in good working condition per ARS 28-939. Looked up lighting codes when I was pulled over for no plate light by avondale pd.

1fastdc
12-30-2009, 12:38 PM
yea bro the left and right tailights work fine...

bb4arson
12-30-2009, 12:44 PM
than wtf man just take that lamp out so they wont bitch

1fastdc
12-30-2009, 12:49 PM
So if i just took the light out i wouldnt even have got pulled over.

1fastdc
12-30-2009, 12:50 PM
imma do that right now!

juan3023
12-30-2009, 12:50 PM
All those fuckers want is Money Money !! A few months back the gave me a ticket for going under the speed limit"backing up traffic "

samu
12-30-2009, 01:01 PM
All those fuckers want is Money Money !! A few months back the gave me a ticket for going under the speed limit"backing up traffic "
I got that ticket before while driving in the freeway, and the only reason I slow down was becasue a dumb ass cut my of when he was switching lanes, I try to explain it to the officer but he did believe me. Plus he was a young one, probably younger then me so he wasn't going to take anything from me.

Jutt
12-30-2009, 09:04 PM
than wtf man just take that lamp out so they wont bitch

Mine doesn't work either, but if you take it out your gonna have holes in your window, and with the recent rain that = trouble for your interior.

Nachooooosupreme
12-30-2009, 09:16 PM
fight that shit!!!

jdmrex1
12-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Cops just target the import scene!
I've benn pulled over for driving a honda! What kind of shit is that.. they had to look through all my shit to see if anything was wrong or stolen.
I've had windshiels tickets, license plate light tickets and every dam ticket you can think off.
I can't drive down the street without getting tailed by a cop..

Rufus
12-30-2009, 10:22 PM
I intend to shave my inner lights like this. F those basturds!

http://i49.tinypic.com/2qi8l76.jpg

IS-Frank
12-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Damn I had cars before with out the middle tail lamp workin and never had problems but u should wire the light to one of your other tail lamps just to get current to it.....just get it fixed and they should drop it if u take receipts that u bought a light bulb and they should drop it

Civicious
12-30-2009, 11:21 PM
i had a ticket for having a headlight out once, DURING THE DAY... drive a honda get used to it

b20what
12-30-2009, 11:50 PM
I intend to shave my inner lights like this. F those basturds!

http://i49.tinypic.com/2qi8l76.jpg
#1 im in love with the car...
#2 fuck the police
#3 epic plate!

1fastdc
01-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Cops just target the import scene!
I've benn pulled over for driving a honda! What kind of shit is that.. they had to look through all my shit to see if anything was wrong or stolen.
I've had windshiels tickets, license plate light tickets and every dam ticket you can think off.
I can't drive down the street without getting tailed by a cop..

^^Thats exactally what it is. He had a civic pulled over on the other side of the onramp. No bullshit! I didnt think nothing of it when I got on the freeway on 83rd and befor I new it I seen him behind me on 75th! If I wasent legit my ass would have dipped on his punk ass!
Honda scene is a crime!

bigballsmagerki
01-04-2010, 05:17 PM
thats what turbo is for :)
dip out real quick like

90dahatch
01-04-2010, 06:34 PM
wow i had 2 mustangs and cops were always on my ass and pulling me over. since i had my honda never had a single cop bother me.

nosfedb18
01-04-2010, 07:32 PM
If I wasent legit my ass would have dipped on his punk ass!

= good driver

thats what turbo is for :)
dip out real quick like

= bad driver

....why the hell would you turn a simple equipment violation into a FELONY?

just get the shit fixed.

bigballsmagerki
01-06-2010, 12:33 PM
or turn a simple pull over into a felony arrest. No thanks

usdm420
01-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Just in case everyone doesn't understand the ticket. It is for NOT HAVING A MIDDLE BRAKE LIGHT! That is a law and a DOT requirement EVERYWHERE in the UNITED STATES.

I believe ANY car produced after 1987 came with a third brake light, and it is illegal to remove it. If it is out then it is a legit ticket. Get over it.

street dreams
01-06-2010, 06:48 PM
i love the cops out here. i had a cop pull me over because he thought my registration was bad. but when he came to my window he apoogize for miss reading the california plate, and pulling me over. he did not ask for registration or my licence.
in all my years of living in san diego i have never got that from a cop.

GangMember!!
01-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Just in case everyone doesn't understand the ticket. It is for NOT HAVING A MIDDLE BRAKE LIGHT! That is a law and a DOT requirement EVERYWHERE in the UNITED STATES.

I believe ANY car produced after 1987 came with a third brake light, and it is illegal to remove it. If it is out then it is a legit ticket. Get over it.

Wooooooooow........ You get off the mans nuts

radster69
01-10-2010, 04:43 PM
how bout no turn on read , now that sucks

Mr.Burner
01-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Well if you own the car in your avatar, wouldnt you want the spoiler light to work? think of it as him tryin to help you out. It looks stupid when people have a spoiler with a light that is non working.

There are worse tickets out there like being pulled over and asked " sir you know why i pulled you over? did you know your windshield is cracked?"
NO SHIT MOTHERFUCKER I SEE OUT OF IT EVERY TIME I DRIVE IT!!!

1fastdc
01-11-2010, 08:55 AM
ARS 28-925 requires "at least one tail lamp mounted on the rear". I would assume if it was the middle, there is a working left and right tail lamp. If the lamp is considered a "stop lamp", than it must be "MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION" in good working condition per ARS 28-939. Looked up lighting codes when I was pulled over for no plate light by avondale pd.

^^ Here are the facts. Its illegal to have a brake lamp that dosent work.
:goodpost:

The ticket was for having a inopperable brake light. Not for having no lamp at all, but i did take the lamp out so if you have any links to back up your post I'd like to see them.

die in a dick fire noob
01-11-2010, 10:38 AM
CHMSL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_lighting#Centre_High_Mount_Stop_Lamp_.2 8CHMSL.29)

this proves that the united states incorporated it, however, i can find no information regarding whether or not you need on in the state of arizona.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/28/00939.htm

that is the requirements on lamps

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/28/00927.htm

this shows what stop lamps you need and it only refers back to 28-939 as a definition page.

i would say you COULD in fact fight it but usually on a fix it ticket you just fix it and then get it waived... if you can't do that then fight it this way with the printouts from the ARS.

usdm420
01-11-2010, 11:19 AM
The ticket was for having a inopperable brake light. Not for having no lamp at all, but i did take the lamp out so if you have any links to back up your post I'd like to see them.

In North America since 1986, in Australia and New Zealand since 1990, and in Europe since 1998, a central brake lamp, mounted higher than the vehicle's left and right brake lamps and called a Centre High Mount Stop Lamp (CHMSL), is required.

Straight from wikipedia. Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_lighting

Scroll down to the section Centre High Mount Stop Lamp.

I don't spew bullshit. Just thought you'd like to know.....as well as the others on here.
I removed my 3rd brake light completely on my old DA when I gutted it, and never had a cop pull me over for it.

die in a dick fire noob
01-11-2010, 12:47 PM
read my post above usdm, let me know what you think?

usdm420
01-11-2010, 01:02 PM
read my post above usdm, let me know what you think?

Sounds like he could fight it going by those 2 laws....but its the government, they'll find some loophole to fuck you. It's better to just comply on this small of an issue.

die in a dick fire noob
01-11-2010, 01:18 PM
well at the same time, if he fights it on this small of an issue he may win. i would go to court with those two statutes and say look according to 28-939 the only mention is that i have to have a brake light that is visible with no glar or dazzling lights. according to that he was in full compliance of the law, worst thing that could happen is they charge you the 20 dollars for appearing and then the fine if they still enforce it. i would also take pictures of the car's brake lights working... hell the cruisers video probably shows it and you can subpoena that tape legally, you just have to fill out a form, typically they will bring it if the officer shows up. which may not even happen for such a small fine.

die in a dick fire noob
01-11-2010, 02:31 PM
oh and post the code number to see what they're charging you under.

holla@me
01-11-2010, 05:17 PM
so wait...the title of the thread is "stupidest ticket ever!!!!!!!" and yet you KNOW the reason they pulled you over, and can't find the problem yourself...?

why is it the "stupidest" again???!?

die in a dick fire noob
01-11-2010, 06:55 PM
haha, i got pulled over for "fictitious registration" in my rex, broken windshield in my accord, and other various "your car fit a description" in mesa... they thought i was mexican every time until they saw my license and i rolled down my window.

1fastdc
01-12-2010, 08:58 PM
chmsl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/automotive_lighting#centre_high_mount_stop_lamp_.2 8chmsl.29)

this proves that the united states incorporated it, however, i can find no information regarding whether or not you need on in the state of arizona.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/28/00939.htm

that is the requirements on lamps

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/28/00927.htm

this shows what stop lamps you need and it only refers back to 28-939 as a definition page.

I would say you could in fact fight it but usually on a fix it ticket you just fix it and then get it waived... If you can't do that then fight it this way with the printouts from the ars.

^^ thx lots of help!

in north america since 1986, in australia and new zealand since 1990, and in europe since 1998, a central brake lamp, mounted higher than the vehicle's left and right brake lamps and called a centre high mount stop lamp (chmsl), is required.

Straight from wikipedia. Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/automotive_lighting

scroll down to the section centre high mount stop lamp.

I don't spew bullshit. Just thought you'd like to know.....as well as the others on here.
I removed my 3rd brake light completely on my old da when i gutted it, and never had a cop pull me over for it.

^^ x2

1fastdc
01-12-2010, 09:07 PM
so wait...the title of the thread is "stupidest ticket ever!!!!!!!" and yet you KNOW the reason they pulled you over, and can't find the problem yourself...?

why is it the "stupidest" again???!?

^^ Idk probably because cops will find any reasion to pull over a honda. :031:

RogueSteel
01-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Remove light, insert rubber stoppers in glass.
Problem solved.

bb4arson
01-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Well if you own the car in your avatar, wouldnt you want the spoiler light to work? think of it as him tryin to help you out. It looks stupid when people have a spoiler with a light that is non working.

There are worse tickets out there like being pulled over and asked " sir you know why i pulled you over? did you know your windshield is cracked?"
NO SHIT MOTHERFUCKER I SEE OUT OF IT EVERY TIME I DRIVE IT!!!

bahahhahahahhaa funny :thumbup:

do u know why i pulled u over ?
yup cause i have a cool handah and u wanted me to pop some vtec and make u some rice :facepalm:

bb4arson
01-15-2010, 01:15 AM
^signature worthy

ArsonALL
01-15-2010, 03:15 PM
I check my lights all the damn time eff the po-po

jdm_crx_whore
01-16-2010, 02:50 PM
man i got booked for no freakin id !!!

jdm_crx_whore
01-16-2010, 02:51 PM
so cops are stupid at times

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
01-18-2010, 11:13 PM
not using a blinker, and squealling the tires in mesa. come on really....

untobia09
01-26-2010, 07:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone ever got a speeding ticket on their bike? I would frame it if that ever happened to me, but then again, I dont go over 30 yet...but thats still over the speed limit in some parts of town.

lexiegrijalva
01-27-2010, 12:35 AM
dam me and my bro got pulled over cuz a cop was tailgatn us my bro hit the brakes the cop hit the side walk and he gave us a ticket for tailgatn stupid right.lol

die in a dick fire noob
01-27-2010, 12:14 PM
so your bro brake checked a cop? you know in arizona if someone gets injured or killed with you brake checking them and people testify you can get booked for vehicular man-slaughter? good to know right?

08blacksi
01-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Yup in Arizona brake checking is considered reckless driving

zachwild101
01-29-2010, 05:20 PM
wow thats bullshit, cops just look for anything to ticket people

advert
01-29-2010, 08:36 PM
man i got booked for no freakin id !!!

how is that dumb, they dont know who you are. you could have been some dude with 1000 warrents. carry your id like the law says.

Mighty-Joe
02-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Thats wierd. I've never had any trouble with the police in my hondas. Only time I've been pulled over was for speeding(Which I was) and for weaving(which I didn't get a ticket for. The cop just told me to pay more attention. I've had cops follow me for a mile or two. If your being followed and you change your driving style, they'll know and they'll stop you just to make sure your shit is all legit.

*inFamous*
02-02-2010, 12:46 AM
lol i got a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt in a parked car with engine off.

beat that.

08blacksi
02-02-2010, 09:52 AM
I got a DUI when I was not driving and my car would not even start.

It ended up getting thrown out in court.

die in a dick fire noob
02-02-2010, 10:00 AM
i think i said this before but i was stopped for "fictitious registration" by mesa pd on southern and val vista about a year and a half ago.

best part was that my "ficticious plate" was printed out by the DEALER. Turns out my plate was in the mail and so my current paper temp was actually void, cop harassed me for a good 20-30 minutes asking me things like, where i got the car, when i got the car, had i been drinking (6:45am on my way to school at mcc), asked me why i didn't have my glasses on since i'm restricted on my license, informed him i was wearing prescription sunglasses and asked if he'd like to look through them, he was all "no i can see that they are," i said oh ok... rofl. it just depends on the cop but i've been pulled over a million times for nothing. definite profiling of vehicles but that's what they're taught to do.

in my sedan i had a cop follow me from monroe nc all the way to waxhaws nc which is about 14 miles... he took all the same turns i did, then behind him was another sheriff, my plate was arizona so i think that's why they were so suspicious, but once i turned into ace hardware in waxhaws they slowed like they were going to follow me in but then drove away all fast and crazy like.

Khdafi
02-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Got pulled over in my old DA turning into the city park down in SV. when he got to my window he told me to drive across the street to the bank so he could pull me over again because he was worried about getting his ass kicked for pulling me over (there were about 15 other hondas in the park that night) . So without arguement I went over to the bank parkinglot just so the cop could pick apart my car and tell me half of it was illegal, but when telling him to get his state lawbook out and show me where it said all that shit was illegal he changed the subject to avoid my request and wrote me a fix it order instead of a ticket. all this after keeping me there for about 45 minutes.

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
02-14-2010, 12:14 AM
Just got a ticket I'm my friends civic for doing 96. But she could not tell me how she got that speed. Wtf.

00' Integra
02-24-2010, 03:49 PM
I got pulled over yesterday the cop comes up to me and I quote "UPGRADED EXHAUSTS ARE UNUSUAL FOR HONDAS TO HAVE..."
gotta love cops like that

Dead Bird
02-26-2010, 12:01 PM
I got pulled over yesterday the cop comes up to me and I quote "UPGRADED EXHAUSTS ARE UNUSUAL FOR HONDAS TO HAVE..."

say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

00' Integra
02-27-2010, 01:18 PM
say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
haha I know! He sounded so stupid saying it. Then I asked him what kind of cars have "upgraded exhausts" and he couldnt come up with an answer. Then he started talking about how loud it was when I was driving but I was going 25mph in 5th gear!

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
02-27-2010, 07:40 PM

man they would hate mine. i run straight pipe, i love no emissions. oh ya

die in a dick fire noob
02-27-2010, 08:05 PM
haha I know! He sounded so stupid saying it. Then I asked him what kind of cars have "upgraded exhausts" and he couldnt come up with an answer. Then he started talking about how loud it was when I was driving but I was going 25mph in 5th gear!

there are legal decible limits to how loud the exhaust can be... i usually throw it in neutral past cops, hell i drove home with a dump basically behind my resonator, my exhaust coupler broke and i had to get home. this was a 35mi trip and i drove past 3 cops, lol... phoenix cops just didn't care.

00' Integra
02-28-2010, 12:51 PM
there are legal decible limits to how loud the exhaust can be... i usually throw it in neutral past cops, hell i drove home with a dump basically behind my resonator, my exhaust coupler broke and i had to get home. this was a 35mi trip and i drove past 3 cops, lol... phoenix cops just didn't care.
in the county I live in there is no decible limit, so its up to the cops decision to pull you over or not.

jus-lookn03
02-28-2010, 02:07 PM
i got a ticket for wasting natural resources , now thats bullshit from a dps officer . shit cost me 170 then a while back my wife got wrecked in my car , while she had a suspended license . she got 4 tickets which were all drop but i got one for letting drive my car and they fined me 270 for that shit :crazy:

S.M.91cb7
02-28-2010, 02:55 PM
i got pulled over duing the summer by some dike cop for going 3 miles over the limit and the dumb bitch gave me a ticket for wasting finite resources so pretty much a ticket for me wasting gas and yet the dumb bitch is sitting there clocking people while she has her a/c on wasting gas also. fuck dumb cops like that.

894ws
03-01-2010, 12:39 AM
that cops full of shit my 89 prelude has a center light that runs across and they never came with bulbs

ttom86
03-03-2010, 09:52 PM
the waste of a finite resource isnt that rare of a ticket...ive heard of lots of people getting that...including me...LOL...its pretty much a nice way for a cop to tell u to stop speeding....cause it puts no points on your record, but still get a fine! I was actually happy a cop gave me that ticket once...cause i downshifted in the I10 tunnel and hit like 110-115 and then saw the cop at the end of the tunnel and slowed down to 65 before i passed him....he was laughing at me...he made me pop my hood and told me his son had a little hatch like mine..he knew exactly what it was all about...he even knew it was a B16...LOL