PDA

View Full Version : Milling and Valve job for head gasket change?

azdsm
12-31-2009, 12:37 PM
Hi guys just had a quick question.

I am changing the head gasket in my teg and someone told me that i should get the head milled to make it perfectly flat again and also get a valve job since the head is off the car.

However I don't think i should cause wont it change the compression ratio and make the car run shitty once its back together?
Should i just check and make sure the head is not warped and within specs and just change the head gasket?

Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys:thumbup:

Nachooooosupreme
12-31-2009, 02:18 PM
while the head is off take it to a machine shop and have them check everything. they'll let u know whats up with it.

92BlackEgMTX
12-31-2009, 04:28 PM
if you get the head milled im sure the amount of metal taken off will be insignificant to the compression.

azdsm
12-31-2009, 04:52 PM
while the head is off take it to a machine shop and have them check everything. they'll let u know whats up with it.

if you get the head milled im sure the amount of metal taken off will be insignificant to the compression.

Hey thanks guys.
I was just confused on what to do, people telling me different thing but its like Big Al said I will take it to the machine shop and let them check it out.

922los
01-04-2010, 12:47 AM
If there's nothing wrong w/it don't do anything. Just take it to da shop and they'll let u know what to do to it. If anything just get it cleaned up.

Mr.Burner
01-04-2010, 02:18 AM
just set the head sideways and fill each port with solvent, check in the combustion area of the valve seat and see if it leaks. If it doesnt then your good to go. If your gonna do a valve job, buy a stainless set of valves.

and put a straight edge across the head to make sure its even.

S2kkk89
01-04-2010, 02:51 AM
jus take it to a shop dont get confused.... if they say it needs milled it wont make ur car run shitty jus up the compression a tiny bit depending on how much is taken off.