PDA

View Full Version : Runners?

slowmedown
01-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Any runners in here? Just curious what everyone's routine is how much you run, how frequently, what do you eat post/pre run?

I usually run at least 3 miles 3-4 times a week. I eat alot of whole wheat stuff and fresh fruit pre-run.

:tits:

BigJsaid
01-10-2010, 08:02 PM
i only get down maybe once or twice a week for long periods. i'll do like a hydro whey shake and double peanut butter n jam sandwich and chase it with a banana. i'll do maybe 2 miles on a thursday then saturday morning i'll see how fast i can do a quick mile.
other days i'll run like downtown or some place with obstacles and do my parkour thing

Type - O
01-10-2010, 10:12 PM
i run 3-4 miles 5 days a week. drink lots of water to stay hydrated. keep your sodium low (not too low) so that your body doesnt retain excess water. eat a bannana about 30-45 minutes before your run to help with cramping. dont over look a good stretch. i have shin splints like a motherfucker and i can really tell when i didnt stretch well enough. also as a side note, if your trying to build muscle at the same time reduce your jogs to about 30 min every other day. running devoids your body of the necessary building blocks to build muscle quickly.

catisoblivious
01-11-2010, 12:36 PM
im trying to get back into running its a nice stress reliever plus its good for you!

intel
01-11-2010, 12:44 PM
i run 3-4 miles 5 days a week. drink lots of water to stay hydrated. keep your sodium low (not too low) so that your body doesnt retain excess water. eat a bannana about 30-45 minutes before your run to help with cramping. dont over look a good stretch. i have shin splints like a motherfucker and i can really tell when i didnt stretch well enough. also as a side note, if your trying to build muscle at the same time reduce your jogs to about 30 min every other day. running devoids your body of the necessary building blocks to build muscle quickly.

details on stretches you do that helps ? I have a few for shin splints i picked up from google but figured id ask

slowmedown
01-12-2010, 05:46 PM
i only get down maybe once or twice a week for long periods. i'll do like a hydro whey shake and double peanut butter n jam sandwich and chase it with a banana. i'll do maybe 2 miles on a thursday then saturday morning i'll see how fast i can do a quick mile.
other days i'll run like downtown or some place with obstacles and do my parkour thing

got any recommendations for a good running spot downtown?

i used to have pretty bad shinsplints try changing your shoes. i was running with some crappy new balances then switched to a new/better pair it was night and day. i have had no leg pains whatsoever since i switched

im trying to get back into running its a nice stress reliever plus its good for you!

yes it is better than drugs...if you ever need a jogging buddy let me know :grin:

messatsu
03-22-2010, 05:49 PM
I run 4 days out of fthe week, the first 3 days i try to pull in about 2-3 miles a day and the last which is Saturday's for me i have been running 6 miles.

Every Saturday iv'e been adding a mile or so and this week i backed off to 4 miles, so next Sat. i'll be going for 7 miles.

Any of you guys marathon runners? Where do you run?

For stretching check out www.marathonrookie.com

bmxican
03-24-2010, 06:39 PM
i get down with power walking coolios!!! who wants to race!

Mr Rukas
04-29-2010, 09:20 PM
I run 4 days out of fthe week, the first 3 days i try to pull in about 2-3 miles a day and the last which is Saturday's for me i have been running 6 miles.

Every Saturday iv'e been adding a mile or so and this week i backed off to 4 miles, so next Sat. i'll be going for 7 miles.

Any of you guys marathon runners? Where do you run?

For stretching check out www.marathonrookie.com

My older sister ran damn near non stop in Florida when she moved to finish getting I believe her Doctorate in Ophthalmology. She said she was running 10 miles a day, training for the 26 mile marathon (dont think I ever want to run that much in a day.) She says after you run 8 miles your pretty much like "eh...ill keep going" like its no big deal.

She suggested for me to run to a certain place/distance that I made for myself, once you get there tell yourself to run back, because if you walk it will take you twice as long.

I have been wanting to run with her, but because of her new job and wedding coming up she is a busy woman.
She lives in Queen Creek idk if she runs out there though.
I live and run around in Gold Canyon (roughly 15 minutes east of Power on US60)