PDA

View Full Version : NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

sssmokin05si
01-15-2010, 12:54 PM
So I've slacked on the picks on here because work has kept me busy and off the site. Did really well last week, went 3-1 when a lot of analysts went 0-4, 1-3, 2-2 etc haha. I just flopped on the Bengals/Jets.

As we all know, the playoffs can go ANY way, and home field isn't quite what it used to be. These picks are JUST for fun, none of the trash talking crap please. Save that for the team threads. Just your picks, you can highlight/bold them and maybe a short answer for why.

I will add my comments to my picks in a bit when I am back from lunch, just wanted to get this up so y'all can get your picks in.

Arizona Cardinals @ New Orleans Saints

Baltmore Ravens @ Indianapolis Colts Picked this for my blowout game of the week, despite all the people picking the Ravens. Although it was a blowout, the Cards were blown out worse.

Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings Ya know, I would LOVE to see the Vikings pull this game off. They have firepower, and a nasty run game. They have so much over the lowly Eagles that are so extremely one dimensional and pass-happy. As well, their defense needs to blitz less and run their good old cover 2 they are used to. The problem is, the Cowboys are SO strong on both sides of the ball right now, and they have the fire under their ass the Cardinals had coming in last post season. As much as I want to lean to the Vikings, I just can't bet against a blazing hot Cowboys.

New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers Same theory I had with the Ravens/Colts, be careful on a betting on a team that looked too good to be true the first round. They will not advance, and should be quickly brought back down to earth this week against the Chargers. Darrelle Revis will likely shut down a much taller Vincent Jackson, but the Chargers have a heavy passing attack beyond him in my eyes.

Jstarda9
01-15-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm pretty much with you on all your picks minus the Cowboys vs Vikings

I think the Ravens/Colts game will be really interesting... I have a feeling it's going to be really close and Baltimore might even pull off a win.

Can't wait to see the Cowboys/Vikings... Will also be a great game.. I have a feeling it's going to be a close game but Favre will make some last quater miracles...

Chargers are just the Chargers...They will KILL the Jets and they will be in the Superbowl

Arizona... I have a lot of hope and it's going to be a hard game for them.

CARDS vs SAINTS

RAVENS vs COLTS

COWBOYS vs VIKINGS

JETS vs CHARGERS

Mafioso
01-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Picks and thoughts.

Arizona Cardinals vs New Orlean Saints
This will definitely be a tough game and likely a game to remember. The Saints Offense brings such high ratings/number that it's impossible to ignore the fact that they can have a huge game. Arizona will also be difficult to stop if they can keep the momentum that they built off last game on Offense. Obviously based off last year and this year, Arizona tends to crank it up for the playoffs and I expect to see good things out of them. Saints vs Cardinals Defense, I have to say Cardinals as they had the better season statistically and the Saints use a 4-3 defense which is pretty close to the hybrid 3-4 that the Packers used this year. If Cards Defense can come up with some stops, I give this game to the Arizona Cardinals.

Baltimore Ravens vs Indianapolis Colts
I know what you're thinking.. "but but but the Colts are hot this season." Unfortunately, it stops here. The Ravens are a 50/50 split passing/running team but Ray Rice is hard to stop. The Colts are not particularly great as a run defense. Colts Defense will need to step up and make some run stops and force Baltimore to pass more. Passing for Baltimore is the only viable option to get opportunities to run the ball more. The last time these two teams met, Baltimore lost it in the last 3 minutes of the game to a Flacco interception. Ravens are hungry for the rematch and the win, I see Baltimore winning this one.

Dallas Cowboys vs Minnesota Vikings
Honestly, this game could go either way. Picking the Vikings for me is a hard thing to do because the Cowboys Offense and Defense have been spot on lately. I would rather see the Vikings against the Cardinals as we have history there and should be able to exploit that history. I half expect Cowboys to drop the ball here and choke, but like I said, I could be wrong. So far the match-ups in the playoffs have seen upsets by a lot of the underdogs, and I assume this trend will continue. Stat for stat, Dallas is better than Minnesota, but I think Minnesota will pull off the home team win here.

New York Jets vs San Diego Chargers
Lets be honest here... Revis.. Sanchez.. Jones... Greene, they've were amazing in the first round. Only thing is, Charger have been hot for 11 straight games now. I don't see that stopping even with a bye week giving them time to cool off. The key to this game will be the Jets ability to run the ball through most teams and having Revis shut down the passing game. It's definitely a possibility for the Jets to win but I still see a Phillip Rivers, Antonio Gates, and Tomlinson win here. Only way this will change is if the Jets are able to shut down the passing game in this one.

SlowLS
01-15-2010, 02:33 PM
here are my picks

Cowboys
Cards
Chargers
Colts

mexboy
01-15-2010, 02:52 PM
here are my picks

Vikings
Saints
Jets
Colts

Daddy_Digital
01-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Vikings
Cards
Indy
CHARGERS!

DVS
01-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Cowboys
Saints
Ravens
Chargers

sssmokin05si
01-15-2010, 04:19 PM
here are my picks

Cowboys
Cards
Chargers
Colts

Nice man, exact same for me. Your post made me realize all C's for the teams! haha.

b@ssier@cer
01-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Cards all the way!!! But if they lose!! I hope the cowboys take it...

Jstarda9
01-19-2010, 10:24 AM
I still can't believe we lost 8 (.... Also the Chargers got beat by the Jets? WTF?

I hope Vikings kill the Saints and the Colts will win IMO...

Vikings vs Colts?

Nachooooosupreme
01-19-2010, 10:27 AM
So I've slacked on the picks on here because work has kept me busy and off the site. Did really well last week, went 3-1 when a lot of analysts went 0-4, 1-3, 2-2 etc haha. I just flopped on the Bengals/Jets.

As we all know, the playoffs can go ANY way, and home field isn't quite what it used to be. These picks are JUST for fun, none of the trash talking crap please. Save that for the team threads. Just your picks, you can highlight/bold them and maybe a short answer for why.

I will add my comments to my picks in a bit when I am back from lunch, just wanted to get this up so y'all can get your picks in.

Arizona Cardinals @ New Orleans Saints

Baltmore Ravens @ Indianapolis Colts Picked this for my blowout game of the week, despite all the people picking the Ravens. Although it was a blowout, the Cards were blown out worse.

Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings Ya know, I would LOVE to see the Vikings pull this game off. They have firepower, and a nasty run game. They have so much over the lowly Eagles that are so extremely one dimensional and pass-happy. As well, their defense needs to blitz less and run their good old cover 2 they are used to. The problem is, the Cowboys are SO strong on both sides of the ball right now, and they have the fire under their ass the Cardinals had coming in last post season. As much as I want to lean to the Vikings, I just can't bet against a blazing hot Cowboys.

New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers Same theory I had with the Ravens/Colts, be careful on a betting on a team that looked too good to be true the first round. They will not advance, and should be quickly brought back down to earth this week against the Chargers. Darrelle Revis will likely shut down a much taller Vincent Jackson, but the Chargers have a heavy passing attack beyond him in my eyes.
you were wrong with your picks except...my colts:wave1:

Nachooooosupreme
01-19-2010, 10:28 AM
I still can't believe we lost 8 (.... Also the Chargers got beat by the Jets? WTF?

I hope Vikings kill the Saints and the Colts will win IMO...

Vikings vs Colts?
thats what it looks like. id like to see favre go up against manning. thats history right derr!!
:this-guy_2:

sssmokin05si
01-20-2010, 09:57 AM
you were wrong with your picks except...my colts:wave1:

For sure man!! Colts should rock the Jets this week. They just need to come out hot from the start and force the Jets into passing the ball more than they'd like to.

I was leaning to the Vikings last week & should've just gone with it. I would love to see the Vikings win it all.

Jstarda9
01-20-2010, 01:06 PM
^^^I would also like to see the Vikings take it now that the Cards are out.... My bro in law is a huge Vikings fan and I hope they make it at least to the superbowl.

sssmokin05si
01-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah that would be absolutely awesome!

ek9boy
01-24-2010, 08:12 PM
saints got soo lucky!

Mafioso
01-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Lots of bad calls there at the end in favor of the Saints. Too bad for Vikings.. hell of a game though.

gt30r
01-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Bad calls went both ways, Saints had to challenge the TD at the pylon, then roughing the passer on the Saints, Farve"s int. lost it for the Vikings. " D" wins the big games