PDA

View Full Version : Shaking problem while accelerating

00' Integra
01-19-2010, 05:19 PM
So 4 or 5 days ago my car just starts making this clicking sound while I drive speeds up when the car speeds up slows down when I slow down. The car was also very shakey when I drove it. I changed the passenger axle and now the clicking is gone but it still shakes just a little bit when it get going over 40-45. its very annoying any help would be appreciated

Civicious
01-19-2010, 05:27 PM
make sure your tires are mounted and balanced correctly

00' Integra
01-19-2010, 05:28 PM
yeah I just had them balenced forgot to put that up top

Nachooooosupreme
01-19-2010, 05:29 PM
take it to a midas or somewhere and have them get under it. they'll tell you whats up.

00' Integra
01-19-2010, 05:34 PM
ehh thanks but I dont really trust people like that too many scams going on.

Nachooooosupreme
01-19-2010, 05:36 PM
trust is hard to come by but cmon bro...

BigCountry
01-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Axle is bad. I guarantee it...

itr
01-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah that is a possibility but then what happens when he buys a new axle and it does it agin then what I agree take it to a shop cause then at least if it does it agin u could have some kind of warranty

BigCountry
01-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Iff that were to happen you take the "Lifetime Warranty" axle that broke again back and get another one for free. Besides I highly doubt it will do it again any time soon. If you take it to a shop it's gonna cost around $300-400 bucks for them to just replace and axle. Fuck that.

00' Integra
01-19-2010, 08:42 PM
I just changed the axle today chances are it still works properly within 30 seconds of driving it for the first time. I highly doubt the axle is the problem because it stopped the clicking it just shakes a little bit still

BigCountry
01-19-2010, 08:47 PM
What about the other axle? Mine never clicked. I never knew mine was bad until I pulled it out.

Describe the shaking in FULL detail please...

JDMxPHOENIX
01-19-2010, 11:11 PM
tire can have a hump!! or your brakes can be warped from something bent like a-arm!!

hondafan2
01-19-2010, 11:29 PM
same shit here with the driver side. we changed the axles because the old ones were so busted. we changed the rotors and the tires have good thread. We think that the tires might be unbalanced but it does not explain it when it shakes after you press on the gas between 30 and 50 mph and it sort of stops shaking if you let go of the gas gear in or out. i really doubt its the differential because that is so rare to happen and its just a single cam. im taking some other rims and try them on tomorrow

for your help, check your tie rods and or try different wheels. Thats what im doing tomorrow IF IT DOESNT RAIN!!!!!

brett09
01-20-2010, 01:09 AM
Iff that were to happen you take the "Lifetime Warranty" axle that broke again back and get another one for free. Besides I highly doubt it will do it again any time soon. If you take it to a shop it's gonna cost around $300-400 bucks for them to just replace and axle. Fuck that.

I told him to spend the extra 10 or 20 bucks but he didnt...

I think its the other axle or something with the suspension/ alignment

Nachooooosupreme
01-20-2010, 01:14 AM

listen to big al and take it to a shop if you cant figure it out. also you guys would learn alot just by talking to the mechanic while he inspects your shit...:smackself:

BigCountry
01-20-2010, 01:20 AM
Last time I was stumped on something I took my car to a shop and they wouldn't even tell me what they did to fix my shit bucket... And they broke my axle while doing "test drives" to make sure everything was ok. Thank god that the axle that was fucked was one I replaced from Autozone.

That's why I refuse to take it to a shop unless I have no clue at all what it could be.

Nachooooosupreme
01-20-2010, 01:30 AM
i recommend 3 shops here in tucson:
jack furrier at golf links/kolb. talk to ricky
ryan auto at 22/kolb talk to vu or take it to collective autoworks. i heard scottys opening his doors to all auto needs now...

die in a dick fire noob
01-20-2010, 08:46 AM
shaking problems are so hard to diagnose, there are so many variables involved. how are the bushings, the struts, the springs, the tie rods, the steering rack, the wheels, the brakes, the wheel bearings, the axles, the mounts, the transmission, the flywheel, the clutch, see what i'm getting at?

BigCountry
01-20-2010, 09:04 AM
I will agree with you but each has certain characteristics that give themselves away. The OP didn't give a real clear, detailed description of the "shaking". That would help a lot.

die in a dick fire noob
01-20-2010, 09:45 AM
right and that's another point i was making.

i'm assuming it's an integra and judging by his user name it's probably a 2000... just a guess here but again with little to no information given other than speed and acceleration there's no way to tell. i would lean towards the brakes as my guess. could also be worn inner tierods.

my guess is that it wasn't realigned after the axle replacement either was it? you know if you pop any of those ball joints off or unbolt any suspension component it should be realigned afterwards.

00' Integra
01-20-2010, 11:04 AM

Yes could be but the other axle has no grease outside one sign its still working. and the axle I got has a lifetime

00' Integra
01-20-2010, 11:13 AM
In more deatail; Hondafan2 nailed it pretty much. Driving from 0-30 (1-2 gears) it doesn't shake but at around 35 mph it will start to shake a little, nothing overwhelming just like a was in a massage chair kinda thing. From (35-60) 3rd-5th gear the shaking gets a little stronger as the speed goes up. If i let off the accelerator the shaking stops. If I put it in neutral the shaking stops. How hard I push on the gas doesn't effect the shaky-ness of it, just the speed. Vtec doesn't have any effect on it either. changed passenger side axle, used axle was clearly destroyed. driverside axle looks fine, no grease or any critical findings. The car was balenced after the change.

00' Integra
01-20-2010, 11:16 AM
i recommend 3 shops here in tucson:
jack furrier at golf links/kolb. talk to ricky
ryan auto at 22/kolb talk to vu or take it to collective autoworks. i heard scottys opening his doors to all auto needs now...
okay thanks ill look into it. Like BigCountry was saying I dont feel like getting fucked over right now

Nachooooosupreme
01-20-2010, 11:35 AM
my first mechanic was ricky at jack furriers. i went in, explained my problems my lude was having and ricky took a look at it. he was up front and told me what i needed. he didnt bs me and he didnt mind all my questions. ricky then directed me to vu since vu had just opened ryan auto and vu specialized in hondas and acuras. but for your car and for trust issues i highly recommend ricky or vu. good luck!!!

die in a dick fire noob
01-20-2010, 11:54 AM
the only thing that confuses me with your problem is the fact that it does it at high speed but then when you let off the gas it goes away. to me that would sound like it could not even be suspension related and more of a mount issue. you're really gonna need to take a look at everything.

when you decelerate is there any clunk or shaking? or is it JUST under acceleration?

BigCountry
01-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Yes could be but the other axle has no grease outside one sign its still working. and the axle I got has a lifetime
My axle that went bad was just like yours... No grease anywhere. Wouldn't hurt to look at the other anyway.
the only thing that confuses me with your problem is the fact that it does it at high speed but then when you let off the gas it goes away. to me that would sound like it could not even be suspension related and more of a mount issue. you're really gonna need to take a look at everything.

when you decelerate is there any clunk or shaking? or is it JUST under acceleration?

I'm saying the other axle and/or a bad mount somewhere. It's not speed related, it seems to be shaking only when the trans has a "load" on it.

die in a dick fire noob
01-20-2010, 12:19 PM
right but if it were only a load why would it not do it in early gears, that's what i'm saying is weird.

BigCountry
01-20-2010, 02:24 PM
I completely skipped over that fact... I know mine wouldn't shake as bad but still shook in lower gears and got progressively worse.

Idk.... I'll do some thinking and see if I can come up with something else.

00' Integra
01-20-2010, 03:04 PM
I just had a passenger in it while I was driving and the shaking stopped. Braking doesn't make it shake just accelerating

00' Integra
01-20-2010, 03:06 PM

When im decelerating it doesn't completly stop but it is a lot less noticable

die in a dick fire noob
01-20-2010, 03:30 PM
dude i'd say it has to do with your brakes being warped, honestly if you take it to any shop their fix for a shimmy in the front end is always machine or replace the front rotors. beyond that it could be a number of things like i mentioned. that's why these are the worst problems to fix, just jack the front of the car up and pull on everything. grab the tire and shake it around left to right, if there is any play it can indicate a inner and outer tie rod problem, shake it up and down, if there is any play it can indicate a wheel bearing or ball joint problem. with the car on level ground push down on all four corners, if it bounces it could be a strut problem, it should go down and up then stop, not bounce around if you get that. then pop the hood with the car in first gear and roll the car forward and back, if the engine shakes around a ton it's a mount problem.

oh and after i read all this i was going to go to my next test, but then i remembered you said if you put it in neutral it stops... with this bit of information i would go with a clutch issue, either a warped flywheel or a problem with the throwout bearing.

Nachooooosupreme
01-20-2010, 03:34 PM
good shit as always statik. maybe now he'll take it to a shop lol but which one????

00' Integra
01-20-2010, 06:25 PM
dude i'd say it has to do with your brakes being warped, honestly if you take it to any shop their fix for a shimmy in the front end is always machine or replace the front rotors. beyond that it could be a number of things like i mentioned. that's why these are the worst problems to fix, just jack the front of the car up and pull on everything. grab the tire and shake it around left to right, if there is any play it can indicate a inner and outer tie rod problem, shake it up and down, if there is any play it can indicate a wheel bearing or ball joint problem. with the car on level ground push down on all four corners, if it bounces it could be a strut problem, it should go down and up then stop, not bounce around if you get that. then pop the hood with the car in first gear and roll the car forward and back, if the engine shakes around a ton it's a mount problem.

oh and after i read all this i was going to go to my next test, but then i remembered you said if you put it in neutral it stops... with this bit of information i would go with a clutch issue, either a warped flywheel or a problem with the throwout bearing.

damn alright let the troubleshooting begin!
and yes if I find anything by doing any of the above ill take it in.

hondafan2
01-20-2010, 11:30 PM
In more deatail; Hondafan2 nailed it .

:shocked:

anyways, the car got sold so when i got to my friends house to try what i've posted earlier it was to late, damn!!!

brett09
01-21-2010, 01:22 PM
I rode in it the shaking is more in the pedals... I didnt feel anything as a passenger..

die in a dick fire noob
01-22-2010, 09:23 AM
that's not really that helpful, because then i'm inclined to ask you what you mean by pedals, like... the pedal vibrates like feedback from the engine bay/firewall area, or the pedal shakes like it's loose, or what pedal does it at all? does the steering wheel vibrate? this is why i hate this type of problem, hopefully he just goes through my list and figures something out.

00' Integra
01-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Well thanks to statiK I found out problem was a wheel bearing

lexiegrijalva
01-27-2010, 12:56 AM
check all ur tires maybe u hit a hole and it probably got a bump..

hatch_wanna_b
01-27-2010, 07:43 AM
I dont want to sound like Carl from Slingblade here, but seriously start with the very first thing that could cause a wobble. Make sure the lugs are tightened to 100 ft/lbs. lol
You always assume the worst. But its possibly a simple inexpensive fix. It's happened to me. Same symptoms. Just check the lug nuts.

EDIT: Glad you found the problem. Get that bearing changed.

die in a dick fire noob
01-27-2010, 12:11 PM
i never do 100 on my lugnuts, that's too tight, i think spec is like 86 or some shit, i do 90...

hatch_wanna_b
01-27-2010, 05:34 PM
i never do 100 on my lugnuts, that's too tight, i think spec is like 86 or some shit, i do 90...
Yeah, youre right. Its 86.

b18c1eg
01-27-2010, 11:27 PM
when u feel the shakilng do u feel it in your steering wheel or throught the vibration in the car? also is ur car dropped? it may need like an alignment. maybe a front camber kit

IS-Frank
01-30-2010, 03:20 AM
Ok im throwing this out there if by any chance is ur car lowered....if so it can be that its to low and cousing the axles to bend to much....my buddy had an ef and we changed the axles and still bounced like a massage chair and when we let off the gas it stoped but once u accelerate again it starts it only did this at speed like ur stating....so we went and took the axles off too off the boots just o see if they had grease and they did but we put new grease in them just to make sure we drove it again and same shit......so after looking at it for a while I raised the front a lil bit couse it had adjustabe coilovers and drove it again and holly fuck the shacking stoped...so if its lowered in the front raise it a lil and see what that does....if that doesn't help sorry buddy

*******edit*******

Glad you found the problem makes u feel a lot better now knowing whats wrong with your car

b18c1eg
04-04-2010, 01:17 PM
i think it the ball joint to the upper camber A arm mine was nt good and it would sound like my wheel bearing was bad but it would stop when i did nt accelerate.