PDA

View Full Version : Replacing stock stereo

TwoGlassEyes
01-23-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm looking at a cheap unit, the Alpine CDE-102, replacing the stock unit in my 94 VX. Price at Best Buy and Crutchfield is the same. Best Buy wants $50 for the install plus another $45 for parts, including harness. I don't want to give BB my money, but I use them as a cost reference. Will the free stuff from Crutchfield include all that stuff, or am I going to have to get it from them or somewhere else anyway?

EDIT: NM, I'm a noob, Crutchfield lists the harness as one of the freebies.

JDLTAZ
01-26-2010, 03:58 PM
I would go to Fry's Electronics (they always have whatever you need in stock) to get the harness and the install kit for your car.It shouldnt cost you more than 20 bucks for the harness and the kit, i think. If you have those two things you can install it yourself, just match the colors to the wires. The harness will even come with instructions.

JDLTAZ
01-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Sorry youre in Tucson. Is there a Fry's Electronics over there?

azjared
01-26-2010, 08:05 PM
x2 on what jdl said just do it yourself and save yourself money, its super easy

TwoGlassEyes
01-27-2010, 07:04 AM
Yeah thanks, I am going to do it myself I think. Crutchfield supplies the extras when you buy a unit more than $129 so I'm going to go that way. I didn't know that when I made the original post, but I edited it in there. I know, I sound like a friggin Crutchfield ad; didn't mean to do that.

No Fry's Electronics in Tucson.