PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak

Sound=vibration
01-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Cannot find the oil leak on my z6 it slow but annoying. It has a brand new headgasket head was milled and block was fine. Its comming from the back of the block above the tranny has decent oil pan gasket. Just cannot pin poind the location. Seems to be some where around the black breather box. Not sure of its exact name..

Any thoughts. I'm sure many will say leak down test just looking for opinions. No insurance either so washing the motor at this point is out. Thanks

Mr.Burner
01-24-2010, 05:45 PM
leak down wont tell you shit but a internal combustion leak.... check your dizzy o ring.. that usually looks like a headgasket leak.

DOHCTORJ
01-24-2010, 10:22 PM
So did you replace the breather o-ring,since that is where you think it is leaking?

Sound=vibration
01-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Not yet I never have taken it off and wasn't sure if it had oil passages in the area or around it and I will probably chand bothe o rings the dizzy as well as the breather box.
Also seems to be happening at high rpms it dosnt dquirt but I notice it when I get back from driving hard

Sound=vibration
01-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Not yet I never have taken it off and wasn't sure if it had oil passages in the area or around it and I will probably chand bothe o rings the dizzy as well as the breather box.
Also seems to be happening at high rpms it dosnt dquirt but I notice it when I get back from driving hard

bash_ceballos
01-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Its your head gasket

RiceK
01-26-2010, 01:43 PM
^^ if it's the head gasket you should find evidence of it in the coolant or the oil itself (mixing)

DOHCTORJ
01-26-2010, 06:45 PM
I've never had a SOHC with floating sleaves and a blown head gasket leak coolant into an oil passage!
Not saying it will never happen,just wery unlikely..

There is no pressure behind the breather box.It is used to seperate the oil from the air.

tealcp
01-26-2010, 07:02 PM
V-tec sylenoid i did this to both my civics its annoying as hell. and it does it at high rpms cause v-tec kicks in...

lexiegrijalva
01-27-2010, 01:00 AM
check dizzy or vtec sylenoid..

Nicksta!
01-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Easiest thing to do is power wash the motor at one of those cheap do-it-yourself car washes, go get some dye, add it to the oi,l drive for a bit and trace the oil. Should lead u right to the source. Thats what we do at the shop.

osofast
01-28-2010, 08:59 AM
leak down wont tell you shit but a internal combustion leak.... check your dizzy o ring.. that usually looks like a headgasket leak.

My thoughts exactly!

Sound=vibration
01-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Its your head gasket
brand new gasket and used copper hightemp sealant. Wasnt a cheap gasket either

turbo4dr
01-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Its your head gasket

^ plain stupid comment.

I vote for the dizzy O-ring. I had this leak about a year ago.

G/L

DOHCTORJ
01-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Dizzy o-ring.
V-tec o-ring.
Both are possible and leak all the time.This sould be new if you did a head gasket.

INSEYEDOUT
01-29-2010, 04:47 AM
Dizzy ring i agree, or.. Check your bolts on the intake side if they are torqued to speq.. If any of them loose, oil can start to leak thru the loose areas, or if your head has been milled too many times , might need a thicker (3 layer) head gasket

Sound=vibration
01-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Dizzy ring i agree, or.. Check your bolts on the intake side if they are torqued to speq.. If any of them loose, oil can start to leak thru the loose areas, or if your head has been milled too many times , might need a thicker (3 layer) head gasket

Only milled once I had it checked. I will change my valve cover gasket vteck sylinoid and dizzy ring and go from their. As well as presure washed and go from their thanks

IS-Frank
01-30-2010, 02:00 AM
I had an oil leak once on my 92 db2 and it bugged the shit out of couse I didn't know were it was comin from so one night I put the car on jack stands and was under the car and with a flash light looked for the leak and it came out to be my rear maine seal if that how u spell it....but like mentioned check ur tq specs that can be a major issue too and just recheck the gaskets at time they might rip or get bent in the process of puting things back together

Sound=vibration
02-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Its leaking from the dizzy and I cannot find anyone carrying the o ring... where can I get it Ace?

DOHCTORJ
02-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Honda dealer.....

RiceK
02-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Or you can use a plumbers tape as a band-aid till you can buy the O ring

gunsup0331
02-16-2010, 06:08 PM
honderbond dat bitch

Sound=vibration
02-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Or you can use a plumbers tape as a band-aid till you can buy the O ring
lol what the hell... I would rather wait but thanks and yeah going to honda toomarrow