PDA

View Full Version : 1st EM2 Civic

EM2junior
01-27-2010, 01:46 PM
I my have 1st honda ever. It is a 02 EM2 all stock civic lx i've had for about 4 months. I've already have plans to fix it up.

1) coilovers &nd springs
2) motor swap(b or k series)
or
3) wheels &nd type-r front lip???

I need some ideas on what should i start with. If you would pitch in your thoughts i would really appreciate it.:goodjob:

The God Damn Batman
01-27-2010, 02:26 PM
I my have 1st honda ever. It is a 02 EM2 all stock civic lx i've had for about 4 months. I've already have plans to fix it up.

1) coilovers &nd springs
2) motor swap(b or k series)
or
3) wheels &nd type-r front lip???

I need some ideas on what should i start with. If you would pitch in your thoughts i would really appreciate it.:goodjob:

get a good set of coilovers 1st, then the wheels and lip then if you have the funds k swap or boost. You cant put a B series engine in a 7th gen.

FranktheTank
01-27-2010, 03:31 PM
You cant put a B series engine in a 7th gen.

Really now??? I beg to differ.

But like said get some good suspension.
you can either go the coilover route or lowering springs, I would recommend the Coliovers even though they are more expensive.
as for wheels get what you like, make sure the offset and size will fit without to much modifications

The God Damn Batman
01-27-2010, 04:37 PM

you can either go the coilover route or lowering springs, I would recommend the Coliovers even though they are more expensive.
as for wheels get what you like, make sure the offset and size will fit without to much modifications

i suggest you research more then. here is an old thread

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=145971

I have heard of AEM doing a B swap but this was a full race car and is illegal for the street. I have yet to see it though

scroll about 3 quarters of the way down in the OP

The mounts do not work. Anything can be done w/ money but this is not a direct fit. only option (and legal option) is K, anything else is not a direct fit, and illegal.

OP, k series and boost are your only options for this car for serious power gains

FranktheTank
01-27-2010, 04:43 PM
i suggest you research more then. here is an old thread

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=145971

I have heard of AEM doing a B swap but this was a full race car and is illegal for the street. I have yet to see it though

scroll about 3 quarters of the way down in the OP

The mounts do not work. Anything can be done w/ money but this is not a direct fit. only option (and legal option) is K, anything else is not a direct fit, and illegal.

OP, k series and boost are your only options for this car for serious power gains

I wasn't saying it was a direct fit.
I have seen a b18c in EP3, can't find any links right now, but pictures of it have been posted on here before.

DOHCTORJ
01-27-2010, 07:25 PM
I think coilovers are best,stock front struts suck in this things.
Front compliance are aslo a weak link in the front,they make bearing replacements.

EM2junior
01-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Alrite thanx. So most def should stick with k20 or frankenstein for the win. kool
As far as coilovers.... Out of Skunk2 or Tein which one is most recommended???

Jason.AZ1
01-28-2010, 04:16 PM

Yes. for one a B series wont be "legal" in a 02+
and if you have a 01 the swap would need to be 01.
Also since they don't make mounts or linkage or harness etc..
everything is custom. K swap is atm the only drop in swap.
But I've been hearing stuff about a J soon ;)

Also there maybe 3-5 B swapped 7th gens maybe a few more
but there not street legal and I believe there all shops who did it. :biggrin:

BTW welcome to the site out of skunk or tein Id go tein

MrRline2010
01-28-2010, 04:40 PM
aero mods are always a nice touch to start out with each one is around 250 right now so that might be a sweet spot for you.

EM2junior
01-30-2010, 10:17 AM
I will for sure stick with the coilovers n springs 1st.
Then a lip n fogs.
Most like stay with stock headlight &nd black housing
Get wheels
&nd last the k-series swap

Jdm as whatt?
01-30-2010, 12:14 PM
I would start looking through here my friend
http://www.rms-usa.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2004
they have a pretty decent price on coilovers

EM2junior
01-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Thanx they exactly what i need all on this site.

How do you like the em2 compared to the eg you had???

Jdm as whatt?
01-30-2010, 08:02 PM
seeing as i had the DX 4 door and when to a EX coupe i love it! much better handling better acceleration and a pretty roomy car for its size if you ask me. the ONLY thing that sucks is the lack of aftermarket help but its a awesome platform if you got big plans like boost or a kswap. overall its better in every way then my old EG and turns alot more heads

EM2junior
01-30-2010, 08:17 PM
yupp most def bro. Im tryna find some si wheels for my em2 but they are hard to come by

Jdm as whatt?
01-30-2010, 09:18 PM
yeah just keep checking the wheel section of azht.net they pop up from time to time personally I'm looking at getting these:
http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/08w16.jpg

EM2junior
01-31-2010, 12:00 PM
damn. those are nice. Im lookin at 16" Rota D2 wheels.

Jdm as whatt?
01-31-2010, 04:21 PM
oh, what color are you lookin at?
Also, a GREAT website i found our for little oem parts is http://www.handa-accessories.com/

EM2junior
01-31-2010, 09:16 PM
i thinking get some coilovers n springs to

what brand are you lookin to get???

EM2junior
01-31-2010, 09:18 PM
oh, what color are you lookin at?
Also, a GREAT website i found our for little oem parts is http://www.handa-accessories.com/

ima just get the royal silver &nd get them painted another color but im sure what color yet