PDA

View Full Version : obd1 converstion need help

Smashing_Vtec
02-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Okay I have a 90 da that Is converted to obd1 from obd0 okay I start my car no problem and then about 30 seconds later my cel pops up idk how to check my code on obd1 I read that its a gray clip with a green and brown wire going to it and I put a paper clip in both slots touching eachother and my cel doesn't blink it stays the same idk if its the right chip or what so I need help on were and how to check it so I can get the code and get ride of this gay cel lol so someone have advise on telling me what to do???

RiceK
02-18-2010, 08:45 AM
what color are the wires you are jumping?

Smashing_Vtec
02-18-2010, 11:09 AM
what color are the wires you are jumping?

what do you mean by that? my jumper harness or the gray plug that im a paper clip to a end and to the other? if thats what your talking about the wires are brown and green

RiceK
02-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Well because the service connector that I have seen so far has always been color blue plug (I have a stock da9 and my service connector is blue). I just searched for ecu pinout for da9's and according to that the service wire color is brown with white stripes for integras and solid brown for civics. I understand you did a obd0 to obd1 conversion and worst case scenarios is the wire colors are irrelevant. However, the service pin on the ecu is in connector D4.

Smashing_Vtec
02-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Well because the service connector that I have seen so far has always been color blue plug (I have a stock da9 and my service connector is blue). I just searched for ecu pinout for da9's and according to that the service wire color is brown with white stripes for integras and solid brown for civics. I understand you did a obd0 to obd1 conversion and worst case scenarios is the wire colors are irrelevant. However, the service pin on the ecu is in connector D4.

Okay so I'm looking for a blue clip your saying? And are the wire colors brown with white strip and what's the other wire color don't really understand what your saying lol

BigCountry
02-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Don't worry about figuring out the code... It needs a 4 wire o2. I know that's what the code is for because it's still running the one wire one. That jumper harness has another connector on it that's not plugged to anything and you wire the 4 wire o2 to that.

4dr_ed3
02-18-2010, 01:57 PM
good info on that one cuz i was about to go obd0 to obd1 and thought i had it all figureed out... Guess not lol

RiceK
02-18-2010, 02:01 PM
I just raelize something if you were obd0 you wouldn't have any check engine light on the dash right? Because those were from obd1's

BigCountry
02-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Well honestly when you convert to Obd1 from 0 all you basically need is a dizzy, a dizzy jumper( or re-pin Obd-0 Connectors to the obd1 Dizzy), swap appropriate ecu, a 4 wire O2 and the ecu jumper harness. You don't have to swap out the injectors unless you absolutely want to.

Smashing_Vtec
02-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Don't worry about figuring out the code... It needs a 4 wire o2. I know that's what the code is for because it's still running the one wire one. That jumper harness has another connector on it that's not plugged to anything and you wire the 4 wire o2 to that.

True lol so if I run to autozone what car do I tell them I need it for?? What yeah model and motor?

BigCountry
02-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Ummm... any Obd1 ls O2... so like a 94.

Smashing_Vtec
02-18-2010, 02:35 PM
I just raelize something if you were obd0 you wouldn't have any check engine light on the dash right? Because those were from obd1's

No you have a cel on your cluster for obd0 or obd1 you have it for every car no matter what on obd0 you can tell your codes on the ecu cause the obd0 ecu's have a red blinking light now one obd1 you don't have a red blinking light n the ecu you nornally have that plug as you were saying but on my da9 I don't have a blue plug anywhere un my glove box I googled it and it told me a gray clip with a brown and green wire going to it I tryed that but my cel doesn't blink at all it just stays solid still so I'm trying to figure out what and were that certain clip is that I can hot wire the two wires together with a paper clip to check my cel

allmotorcrx
02-19-2010, 07:52 PM
one your jumper u have some wires left over.... u have to connect two of them to make the check engine light on your dash blink....