PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions Please :)

ilovemydseries
02-19-2010, 12:28 PM
My car currently has no speakers, no deck/stereo or anything.

Ideally I would like to get an indash that flips up because I do drive a 98, so I am trying not to modify my bezel or whatever.

I want one that comes with gps, and I also want the best speakers that are somewhat cost efficient. I stopped by Best Buy and got some ideas, but I'd rather hear it from people who have their own set ups.

So.. suggestions as to what speakers/ flip up deck with gps i should go with? i'm looking to buy this shit this coming week.

BigCountry
02-19-2010, 12:40 PM
I have Alpine type s speakers in all 4 corners with my Dual, non-nav, indash. Love the combo. People always talk bad about Dual, but I must say that I'm impressed with mine for almost a year now. They do have one that does have nav... but there lots of fip out in dash's that have GPS now, so basically it's gonna come down to simple features, like are you gonna use an Ipod with it? Do you want an extensive equalizer? Ect, Ect.

ilovemydseries
02-19-2010, 12:47 PM
ipod yes but what is an extensize equalizer?

MannyaK
02-19-2010, 01:46 PM
i think thats for the sound like bass, treble

BigCountry
02-19-2010, 02:01 PM
i think thats for the sound like bass, treble
It is in a simplified way. But you'll have the option for 12 channel sound equalizing or you can get basics. Like mine has only treble and bass.

Now my next question is, since you'll be using an Ipod, do you want to be able to control the Ipod on screen instead of having to mess with it?

ilovemydseries
02-19-2010, 02:25 PM
no id rather control the ipod itself-keep it simple

Sound=vibration
02-19-2010, 07:21 PM
I have Alpine type s speakers in all 4 corners with my Dual, non-nav, indash. Love the combo. People always talk bad about Dual, but I must say that I'm impressed with mine for almost a year now. They do have one that does have nav... but there lots of fip out in dash's that have GPS now, so basically it's gonna come down to simple features, like are you gonna use an Ipod with it? Do you want an extensive equalizer? Ect, Ect.

done a couple install with these and the deck it is OK... i hate the eq completely sucks but if you need something simple this will work for you.

BigCountry
02-20-2010, 04:38 AM
I know...I was honestly disappointed when I saw how shitty the EQ was on it. Only good thing is if you rock a system, it does at least have a Subwoofer level... and for the EQ being so simple, a system can sound decent with it.

SNOAH
02-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Ive got a jvc head unit that can play dvds on a tiny screen haha but the best speakers ive owned were focals for sure

Pendulum
02-21-2010, 06:43 PM
What type of music do you listen to? Do want subwoofers?
For a 98 Civic, get some Alpine Type S 6x9's, some Alpine Type R 6.5 components, an Eclipse, Alpine, or Pioneer headunit (Kenwoods are good too, I just don't like them personally...), and a 4 channel amp.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/

'nuff said.