PDA

View Full Version : I got the runs help!!!!!!!

IS-Frank
03-13-2010, 12:55 AM
Ok so I got a ej1 coupe painted nighthawk black pearl or sumtin like that and it has some runs from the clear coat....and its really buggin me out and I want to know how ti fix it?

I know sumtin about watersanding it sown but what type of sandpaper should I use and will this make the spots I watersand look dull and have to reapply clear on it or would it even out good and have to do no detailing to it? Lmk asap couse its really buggin me and want to get this fixed asap

IS-Frank
03-13-2010, 01:00 AM
Cliffs****

Bought a car previous owner painted it and has runs due to clearcoat

I want to fix it asap

If I watersand it on the spots it needs sanding will this fuck up the paint/clear? for me to reapply more clear to it? Or will it even things out and have to do no detailing to it?

And what type of sanpaper should I use?

Need this answered asap so I can do this thing in the morning

bumpstick
03-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Cliffs for people that fail at reading
Dude, this is a web forum, not a fucking magic genie. you waited 5 minutes and didn't get a response, so you decided to bump your thread with name calling?
get the fuck out. i don't answer questions from disrespectful little bitches and anybody on azht that i would trust to give a real answer would do exactly the same. so, i guess all you've got now is google. good luck.
/thread

IS-Frank
03-13-2010, 02:20 AM
Ok ....most people on here don't like to read most of the postings on here..and ... so I put a cliff post for peeps that do fail at reading and that can't really understand what most people ask or write on here.....im not talkin shit to people..... I posted this for help and not get bashed on I ment no disrspect to anyone on here....

crx88
03-13-2010, 01:12 PM
i would say. wet sanded it with a high grit paper, try it in a spot. then use rubbing compound and wax.

IS-Frank
03-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the info bro ill try that since im on my way to get some sanpaper and shit right now

rotneg
03-13-2010, 02:35 PM
do not wet sand with anything coarser then 1000 grit or you will have sand scratches when its done, what they do at the paint shop is block with 1000 then sand 1500 then 2000 then 2500 then a da 3000 grit pad and buff, this is for high end paint jobs. if you just want them gone do 1000, 2000, 2500 then buff it

IS-Frank
03-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the info guys just waiting for my brother to bring the buffer so I can do all this

IS-Frank
03-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the info guys just waiting for my brother to bring the buffer so I can do all this thanks for the input guys

The God Damn Batman
03-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Dude, this is a web forum, not a fucking magic genie. you waited 5 minutes and didn't get a response, so you decided to bump your thread with name calling?
get the fuck out. i don't answer questions from disrespectful little bitches and anybody on azht that i would trust to give a real answer would do exactly the same. so, i guess all you've got now is google. good luck.
/thread

Ok ....most people on here don't like to read most of the postings on here..and ... so I put a cliff post for peeps that do fail at reading and that can't really understand what most people ask or write on here.....im not talkin shit to people..... I posted this for help and not get bashed on I ment no disrspect to anyone on here....

:owned: way to be Presumptuous buddy!