PDA

View Full Version : equal income relationships?

teemfedx
03-15-2010, 04:50 PM
one of my co-workers was bitching today (and most every day) about how his wife makes more money than he does and it bothers him to no end. it made me think of how i would react to something like that...

i was under the impression that finances is one of the biggest points of conflict in residential relationships, i would image that the man would feel pretty weak and often insecure when he is making/providing less then the women...im poor but have no GF so i dont have this problem yet.

unless...he planned it that way so he doesn't have to do shit.

any thoughts or experiences with this?

The President
03-15-2010, 04:53 PM
my woman makes way more than me. We still split bills 50/50 though. she just has extra spending money and I'm normally broke haha.

Medina
03-15-2010, 04:59 PM
I think it shouldn't matter. now a days as long as you have an income that should be good enough.

skar1
03-15-2010, 05:03 PM
My girl used to make a lot more than me, now she's in school and works part time so I make more but that'll change when she graduates, idc I buy my car parts she gets her shit, its not a big deal to me.

The Black Skittle
03-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Well my ex gf made about 34k a year as a pharmacist assistant when I made around 24k at Verizon as a tech support rep, only argument about that we had was that I lacked ambition because I was content with where I was at, she wanted me to keep trying to apply for the asst. manager position and what not and i was like....no. She had a problem with that for some reason, but I was 21 yrs old with no college education so its not like I was going to start a job making $110,000 a year like she wanted me to....

stupidest argument ever and she only brought it up when we were drinking in bars and I picked up the tab.....

ekhatch
03-15-2010, 05:27 PM
i think it depends if you guys are living with each other and your both paying 50 50 but if one is making all the payments and the other doesnt do anything then yeah it should matter

honduh_head
03-15-2010, 05:33 PM
my gf and i make almost identical money... (within $.40 an hour)... and we try to split up bills, i have way less debt so i help her with her credit cards and stuff when i can, she buys a lot of the groceries and handles all the utilities... in the end we just make it work. both of us are do for substantial raises which will ease a lot of individual tension, since we don't really have any collective tension over money issues. when she started dating me i didn't even have a job. *sigh*...i guess i'm kinda lucky though.

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-15-2010, 05:39 PM
My ex made $36 an hour as a RN, and I was making squat at my internship...hell yeah it was embarassing, but I know it is means to an end, when I graduate and I start making my share of good money :)

SED
03-15-2010, 07:05 PM
it would make me feel low...... but if you think about it, this is America. maybe in other countries you'll get shined down on by everyone. LOL...... I actually have a couple of friends that are busting there ass to help support there GF threw school so they can sit there lazy ass home and be mister mom after they land there high pay job. ???They got it all wrong???

Daddy_Digital
03-15-2010, 09:11 PM
if my lady made more money then me, i wouldnt have a problem with it. as long as she helped me pay bills its all good.

Rzarectah
03-15-2010, 11:05 PM
I would love to find a woman who makes what I make or more, I wouldn't be affected by it at all. I would simply request that we pay the bills 50/50 and so long as I have my bases covered then there is no need to feel bothered by it. Now if she were taking care of me completely without a justified reason, then yes, id feel bothered by it.

While we are on the subject... anyone know any rich single woman? Haha

PinkFG2_K20
03-15-2010, 11:43 PM
I dont think it should matter who makes more or not. I have a kid and my soon to be hubby does not work and stays home and takes care of our son. I make good money and I know at times he feels like shit cause I am the one providing for the family but it shouldnt matter its 2010 its about time women have great jobs and can be looked at as an equal. As long as it works and there is an agreement between the couple then I dont see a problem with it. :) Just my .02 though.

bobbbbbbbbbbo
03-15-2010, 11:49 PM
I made more than my ex for the whole relationship, and I payed more.

I think she rather enjoyed it... she didnt despair once.

Now that we are broken up and I picked up $300 more in rent for our (my) place, I still find I have more money than before..

whoop whoop

894ws
03-16-2010, 12:00 AM
i think if i made less money then my significant other i would have a slitght problem with it the good part about it is that i am a very ambitious person that has a lot of motivation when given a reason to success at what i do so i would just do what i have to do to move up in the world and bridge that gap i would only be bothered if i made like 10 bucks an hour and she made 20. right now i am single and in a way im just not motivated and just feeling kinda blah.

ICD
03-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Don't see why it should matter if your women is making more then. And why you get mad. If it really bothers guys that much, simple DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Don't just bitch.

JDMitation
03-16-2010, 09:28 AM
what i wouldn't give to have a sugar mamma. a nice med school broad with a cosmetic dental career ahead of her...

http://images.contactmusic.com/videoimages/sbmg/jermaine-dupri-ballin-out-of-control.jpg

VTECin5th
03-16-2010, 09:38 AM
It doesn't bother me. I think it bother insecure men. I think it bothers insecure women too. I wish my gf made 65k+ so I could stop working. I'd totally love to stop working and go do man-stuff all day... like shooting, fishing and drinking Pepsi. Oh, I can dream.

ICD
03-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Lol

alx
03-16-2010, 10:46 AM
women dont make as much as men /thread lol

imm0rtal
03-16-2010, 10:49 AM
gf currently makes more than me, but I make mine go farther. She usually spends on like food and entertainment while I spend mine on my car and bills lol

The God Damn Batman
03-16-2010, 10:59 AM
I would feel like i am not capable to provide for my family if my wife made more than me. if that ever happened, i would change it quickly.

Nedaaaah
03-16-2010, 11:50 AM
what i wouldn't give to have a sugar mamma. a nice med school broad with a cosmetic dental career ahead of her...
Lol thats exactly what my gf is going to school for...bwaahahah I cannot wait until she starts making 200k+

The God Damn Batman
03-16-2010, 12:16 PM
ttttt
ban this fool!!!

apSquidFace
03-16-2010, 12:56 PM
my GF made much more (about 10k) than me for a year or so while i was working my way back from being laid off. Now Im back at 42k/year and she is right there with me...we own a house and two cars, split the bills equally and I dont think that we have ever had an argument about money, really ever. I think that if we were in a position where we couldnt afford our lifestyle that could change though.

civic_ls_vtec
03-16-2010, 01:10 PM
my girl makes 30k more than me and she pays most of the bills while i spend all my money on my car lol, it doesnt bother me

The God Damn Batman
03-16-2010, 01:11 PM
my girl makes 30k more than me and she pays most of the bills while i spend all my money on my car lol, it doesnt bother me
she should leave you

alx
03-16-2010, 01:14 PM
ban this fool!!!

whats with all the bumping of random threads? super ghey :d3:

Lucky

peakprocess
03-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Bills split 50/50 and separate accounts. No joint accounts=no fighting.... usually

machdis1
03-16-2010, 03:58 PM

she should leave you

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-16-2010, 04:05 PM
I dont think it should matter who makes more or not. I have a kid and my soon to be hubby does not work and stays home and takes care of our son. I make 40+ and I know at times he feels like shit cause I am the one providing for the family but it shouldnt matter its 2010 its about time women have great jobs and can be looked at as an equal. As long as it works and there is an agreement between the couple then I dont see a problem with it. :) Just my .02 though.

you're his sugarmomma!
lol
:clap:

The God Damn Batman
03-16-2010, 04:08 PM

she should leave you

she should leave you

My nuts... get off them.:nutswinger:

machdis1
03-16-2010, 04:23 PM
damn son im jus agreein lol that aint rite idc how cool he thinks he is

PinkFG2_K20
03-16-2010, 04:35 PM
you're his sugarmomma!
lol
:clap:

Shut your mouf Joe..your just jealous cause your not with me! HAHAHA :lmao:I kid I kid.

civic_ls_vtec
03-16-2010, 04:41 PM
she should leave you

lol she wont but when ever i graduate I will be making more than her. I make 20k and she makes almost 50k... she will never leave me, well atleast i think