PDA

View Full Version : AZ inspection

CHICAGOrilla
03-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Sup azht im new to arizona and i just bought a eg hatch and the title is salvage and when i went to go get it registered they told me that i had to do a inspection. I want to know what exactly are they inspecting? Thanks for helpful input guys.

Mr Rukas
03-17-2010, 05:12 PM
No idea, I was born and raised here. Good luck to you Sir.

ekhatch
03-17-2010, 05:15 PM
hmm i think its when someone comes out and makes sure if everything is working??? i have no idea gl

CHICAGOrilla
03-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks bro. Anybody else?

Nate_AP1
03-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Level I – Basic inspection to match the vehicle identification number (VIN) to the vehicle ownership documents to determine the identity of the vehicle. Required only for certain vehicles. Most vehicles are successfully inspected and verified at this level.

Level I inspections are conducted at MVD and authorized Third Party offices, or by designated law enforcement officers. There is no fee for a Level I inspection conducted at an MVD office. Third Party providers may charge a fee.

Level II – Secondary inspection is conducted when unusual circumstances indicate that a secondary VIN should be examined. A Level II inspection is conducted by a specially certified MVD agent. The fee is $20.

Level III – Highest level inspection is conducted by specially certified MVD agents for restored salvage vehicles, by appointment only. The fee is $50.

justanother
03-17-2010, 05:17 PM
how come i had a restore salvage title car before..and they didnt inspect anything .... maybe u'r from outer state ?

Nate_AP1
03-17-2010, 05:18 PM
how come i had a restore salvage title car before..and they didnt inspect anything .... maybe u'r from outer state ?

Is that like outer space?

CHICAGOrilla
03-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Well the car i bought in AZ. Do they check airbags and things like that? Cause if so i wont pass cause the car i bought was stolen and they ripped half the dash out and airbags.

justanother
03-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Well the car i bought in AZ. Do they check airbags and things like that? Cause if so i wont pass cause the car i bought was stolen and they ripped half the dash out and airbags.

yea that why u are from other states..lol.since you're said that then i guess you wont pass visual inspection

MannyaK
03-17-2010, 06:03 PM
yea that why u are from other states..lol.since you're said that then i guess you wont pass visual inspection

spell check guy
and to the OP they will check first to make sure everything matches the VIN number if you have a different engine and swapped out stuff i recommend taking the paperwork for all of that
air bags will need to be redone

Dead Bird
03-17-2010, 06:11 PM

You didn't have to pass inspection because the car is a "Restored Salvage" title.
It already passed inspection at one point. If it hadn't, it would just be "Salvage".

I was at the MVD yesterday on 59th and Bell.
(got my license back finally woo!)
But I asked the guy working at the Inspections office what a car needs to pass level III inspection, all he told me was No glass or lights are cracked, all the lights work, doors need to open and close well for safety reasons, and that's really about all besides VINs matching up (or at least all I can remember). I didn't tell him it was for a salvage title, but I can only imagine Level III is the same no matter what is getting inspected, right?

I was expecting to hear it needed a working horn, airbags, and stuff like that, but Iasked and he said nope.

MannyaK
03-17-2010, 06:27 PM
You didn't have to pass inspection because the car is a "Restored Salvage" title.
It already passed inspection at one point. If it hadn't, it would just be "Salvage".

I was at the MVD yesterday on 59th and Bell.
(got my license back finally woo!)
But I asked the guy working at the Inspections office what a car needs to pass level III inspection, all he told me was No glass or lights are cracked, all the lights work, doors need to open and close well for safety reasons, and that's really about all besides VINs matching up (or at least all I can remember). I didn't tell him it was for a salvage title, but I can only imagine Level III is the same no matter what is getting inspected, right?

I was expecting to hear it needed a working horn, airbags, and stuff like that, but Iasked and he said nope.

:clapper::clapper:
congratulations bro

Dead Bird
03-17-2010, 06:31 PM
:clapper::clapper:
congratulations bro

Thanks Manny.
Now I just need someone to buy my coupe for 1,700.
Then I can be driving again!

CHICAGOrilla
03-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Well everything Works but the airbags. I bought Pizza's hatch off here and he told me that when it was stolen they ripped half the dash out (airbag), ignition, passenger and rear seats, now i got a new dashboard no airbag and new ignition key. I guess ill just have to go see tomorrow morning.

Medina
03-17-2010, 10:08 PM
your car will pass they just check and see if its road worthy. basically they just inspect the lights, seat belts and windshield.

Been there plenty of times have not failed once

Sound=vibration
03-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Dont forget a horn. Had that happen to me once

MannyaK
03-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks Manny.
Now I just need someone to buy my coupe for 1,700.
Then I can be driving again!

Will get pm'd in 20 minutes