PDA

View Full Version : Gotta ticket and a question

Stock?
03-18-2010, 12:12 AM
not looking for legal advice just what other people's experience has been.....

I was driving to work and a motorcycle cop clocked me at 52 in a 40 (honestly didn't know speed limit was 40 and I've been driving that road to work for a year). Wrote me up for speed not reasonable and prudent.
Also didn't have a current insurance card with me, only an expired one.

Can i go to the court or police and show them my insurance card anytime they are open or do i have to wait for my court date to go and show them my valid insurance card?
also....anyone know what the fine is for the speed not reasonable?

it was a mesa motorcycle cop and he was kind of a douche....he clocked be before baseline and didn't get to me until after Guadalupe when i was pulling into work. i stopped in the parking lot and he came to a screeching halt behind my car and yelled at me to pull into a space. i thought i was in serious trouble the way he was acting.

justanother
03-18-2010, 12:24 AM
about the speeding ticky..it should be around 100-200 ...just a guess..

about your insurance ...Just fax to them the insurance card that it state that on that day that u got pulled over and u did have an insurance that cover it.

civic00ek
03-18-2010, 12:36 AM
if the ticket was already issued then youll need some form of proof that you were insured on the day you received the ticket....as far i as know youll need to show up to court anyway and present the proof there, but i could be wrong, arizona laws may be differnet, this is just my exp from the same situation i had in TX.....good luck to you sir

justanother
03-18-2010, 12:46 AM
well not really..u dont have to showed up at court to get the insurance one get dismiss....lol..but since u have the speeding ..so just might aswell showed up the court and get the insurance dismiss