PDA

View Full Version : '09 Challenger SRT8 eBay win on the cheap - dealer refuses sale - epicness

Phempa
03-18-2010, 12:43 AM
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/new-2009-srt8-challenger-sells-29-1k-34598/

Has been posted on almost 300 forums.... but not AZHT yet!!!

Man wins Challenger SRT8 on eBay for $29,100.... dealer refuses to sell at that price.... word spreads wild!!!!

Good luck to "hitman"

Hope he gets his car!!!!

(thread is at 79 pages now... takes a while to sort through, but well worth it!)

koby
03-18-2010, 02:47 AM
dang that was long. hope he gets it. baller ass deal

RhdRicheeee
03-18-2010, 07:24 AM
damn thats crazy

The God Damn Batman
03-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Its justa challnger.. i wouldnt get all worked up about it. for 29k i'd get something better.

NickAtNite
03-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Its justa challnger.. i wouldnt get all worked up about it. for 29k i'd get something better.

Dude, it's not just a Challenger. It's a brand new Challenger SRT8. You can't get much better for that amount of money.

The God Damn Batman
03-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Dude, it's not just a Challenger. It's a brand new Challenger SRT8. You can't get much better for that amount of money.

true, but its freakin heavy. bad reveiws on handling. not up to par with the camaro or event eh mustang. for 29k out the door i rather pick up a 04-08 6.0 corvette w/ yes, less stock HP and TQ, but its much lighter than that tank. plus... its a dodge.

if dodge could make it slightly smaller/lighter and refine the handling a little more...i would like it. Til then i'll take the vette or camaro

usdm420
03-18-2010, 11:16 AM
true, but its freakin heavy. bad reveiws on handling. not up to par with the camaro or event eh mustang. for 29k out the door i rather pick up a 04-08 6.0 corvette w/ yes, less stock HP and TQ, but its much lighter than that tank. plus... its a dodge.

if dodge could make it slightly smaller/lighter and refine the handling a little more...i would like it. Til then i'll take the vette or camaro

And you listed the D17 as your favorite motor.:you rock:

The God Damn Batman
03-18-2010, 11:18 AM
And you listed the D17 as your favorite motor.:you rock:

haha its all in good fun. D17.. shoot. I hated that freakin engine.

PandaBear
03-18-2010, 11:29 AM
if i was him i would resell it and reap my profits.

efpower
03-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Exactly^^^^

fmx_dbc
03-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Geeze I managed to piss away my whole morning reading that...everything
from about page 5 to page 93 is useless lol

SINGLESLAMMERSI
03-18-2010, 01:14 PM

i drive a challenger on a daily-its the 09 srt8 6 speed--the only year they are making the 6 speed =[ kinda gay imo but anywhoo---but i honestly think that since u can get the ss camero for i think 10k less then the challenger the challenger is not worth it. i love the car dont get me wrong, its not as fast as i thought i was going to be, it has a million blind spots,the interior is really simple, and it feels as if ur in a box. it really just is a challenger lol and its heavy as shit and u can feel it--i would rather get the camero or a vette-but the challenger is nice dont get me wrong but its not worth what they ask and when its drove off the lot you loose about 12k on the price no joke shit is nuts--
but...

i did race a zo6 the other night, he lead me but not by very much but i also didnt know he wanted to race so i didnt take off like i should of either but hey a race is a race, i havent got to race the camero yet from what i have seen the camero is normally faster, but chevy has not released alot of info on the camero yet, the challenger has about 425hp and gets to about 0-60 in the 5 second range..i really want to know the specs on the camero if anyone knows..

die in a dick fire noob
03-18-2010, 01:23 PM
i had the same reaction i had no idea the challenger was that high in price, i know i know it's an srt8 and that's supposed to mean something, but i could care less about the car, for 29k i would have bought something different.

the fact remains the guy should get his car for what he WON the auction for. plain and simple...

SINGLESLAMMERSI
03-18-2010, 01:26 PM
i had the same reaction i had no idea the challenger was that high in price, i know i know it's an srt8 and that's supposed to mean something, but i could care less about the car, for 29k i would have bought something different.

the fact remains the guy should get his car for what he WON the auction for. plain and simple...

yeah the car is def. not worth what ppl are paying lol especially with the camero being alot cheaper-

and with the problems i have had its stupid--2nd gear is going bad already--the in dash had quit working--when i took it into dodge to have that fixed i had a full tank of gas i had less then a half when i got it back--i had just washed it and there was black shit from the tires all on the back...oh i was hella heated...

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-18-2010, 01:34 PM
yeah the car is def. not worth what ppl are paying lol especially with the camero being alot cheaper-

and with the problems i have had its stupid--2nd gear is going bad already--the in dash had quit working--when i took it into dodge to have that fixed i had a full tank of gas i had less then a half when i got it back--i had just washed it and there was black shit from the tires all on the back...oh i was hella heated...

LOL cuz you slam gears....now you see why you can't drive my rsx lol

SINGLESLAMMERSI
03-18-2010, 02:55 PM
LOL cuz you slam gears....now you see why you can't drive my rsx lol

its a problem that all of them have lol--you have to remember this car just came out so its going to have alot of problems-and since its not an older car no one knows what the problems will be until they happen. I do know that i have never missed 2nd gear when im getting on it lol. But 2nd gear is a bitch to get in sometimes.

so when do i get to drive the rsx lol

slowmedown
03-18-2010, 09:24 PM
this car just came out so its going to have alot of problems

haha that and its a DODGE lol

1 point 6
03-18-2010, 09:33 PM
what the fuck is a camero?

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth
03-18-2010, 10:18 PM
http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/bill_engvall_2.jpg

"Its that thing shaped like a weiner that hums..."

SINGLESLAMMERSI
03-18-2010, 11:26 PM

sorry i misspelled it my bad

SINGLESLAMMERSI
03-18-2010, 11:27 PM
haha that and its a DODGE lol

yeah this is true lol--

i hate the new dodge trucks tryin to copy chevy, they are not able to pull it off imo-

1point8
03-18-2010, 11:31 PM
One time I raced a SRT-8 300 with my Mini-Me coupe.
Dude I almost had him.

Then when I said that in front of Toretto, he made everyone laugh at me. :(

SINGLESLAMMERSI
03-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Dude I almost had him.

yeah the 300s are heavyyy too-idk why they make a car with a motor like that so freaking heavy its pointless...but yeah i have raced a few cars and im like wtf-thats why i said its not as fast as i thought it was going to be--

but getting new exhaust and the chip and shit will help out alot---i hope--

1point8
03-18-2010, 11:41 PM
You..... took my post seriously it seems.
Odd.

But I watched Tracy supercharger and chip a new SRT-8 on Gears.
It was pretty dope.

You should do that miss self-proclaimed Baller.
But I can't argue.
I'm rocking a EJ-1 from 1995.
You way aheada me there.

Uless
03-19-2010, 03:22 AM
Dude I almost had him.

lmao! It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car, you better learn that!:pissed:

Uless
03-19-2010, 03:32 AM
You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?

MrRline2010
03-19-2010, 06:05 AM
You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?

isn't it now me and the mad scientist have to pull apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried. You almost had me?

The God Damn Batman
03-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Dude I almost had him.

sure did bitch!

lmao! It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car, you better learn that!:pissed:

isn't it now me and the mad scientist have to pull apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried. You almost had me?

whoa whoa people! get up off my nuts!!! haha

SINGLESLAMMERSI
03-19-2010, 09:03 AM
You..... took my post seriously it seems.
Odd.

But I watched Tracy supercharger and chip a new SRT-8 on Gears.
It was pretty dope.

You should do that miss self-proclaimed Baller.
But I can't argue.
I'm rocking a EJ-1 from 1995.
You way aheada me there.

eventually it will be chipped and stuff--hopefully taht will make it feel as fast as it should be lol:drive:

and yeah because i have watched hondas stomppp on the srt8s--

1point8
03-19-2010, 11:00 AM
My MOM just sent me a text that said,

"Fail. You meant past."

I said passed inappropriately I guess.